Wher To Get Good Mexican Food

sanook

Where ,in Bkk, is the best Mexican restaurant located. Is the Cantina on Silom good?

I saw an answer to this question posted here but cannot find it now. Would someone please take the time to give the address to their favorite Mexican restaurant. Thank You

Do a search in the bangkok local forum on this board. If I recall there was a fairly lengthy thread on this very subject some time ago.

lots of names mentioned.

The consensus appeared to be that there isn't a good Mexican restaurant in Bangkok.

However no doubt everyone has their favourite no matter how poor it is.

Pesonally I do not seek out mexican food but i have eaten the taco's in the silver dollar bar in washington square and found to be fine. also the BLT there was good.

They have a number of tex-mex items on the menu

Reciently, as in a day ago, went to Senior Picos at the Rembrant. The salsa and chips are pretty good, as far as my food, it was different but good. It had a kinda cinnamon flavor enchalada sauce, weird, but i was in desperate need of Mexican food. Over all, it satisified my cravings................for now.

Mexican food can be wonderful, it is incredibly varied, and there are some very interesting regional variations, including United States Mexican regions.

Mexican food in Thailand, now that is a problem.

I am of the opinion that there is an incredible opportunity for many different entrepreneurs to introduce different aspects of Mexican food to the Thai and farang markets in Thailand.

For examples

California style buritos

Mexico city style tacos

Coastal Mexico style marsicos seafood cocktails, soups, and stews

Pozoles

Agua frescas with fresh fruit

Salsa frescas with fresh vegetables and chilies

Homemade corn tortillas

Real tequila, not lighter fluid

I have just scratched the surface of the possibilities.

There is room for many micro businesses for people with food biz experience.

Mexican food can be wonderful, it is incredibly varied, and there are some very interesting regional variations, including United States Mexican regions.

Mexican food in Thailand, now that is a problem.

I am of the opinion that there is an incredible opportunity for many different entrepreneurs to introduce different aspects of Mexican food to the Thai and farang markets in Thailand.

For examples

California style buritos

Mexico city style tacos

Coastal Mexico style marsicos seafood cocktails, soups, and stews

Pozoles

Agua frescas with fresh fruit

Salsa frescas with fresh vegetables and chilies

Homemade corn tortillas

Real tequila, not lighter fluid

I have just scratched the surface of the possibilities.

There is room for many micro businesses for people with food biz experience.

They got all that in Alpharetta/Atlanta? :o

Patty's Fiesta in Patpong is ok. The waitress is real friendly and the live music is fun. The waitress came out with me and a BG one night after she finished work. Good margaritas.

There's a mexican in the Rembrandt I think but yet to try it. Will make a point of doing so next week. Do love Mexican food.