Getting Your Quotes Right

cdnvic

Seems alot of people have trouble getting the proper box around your quotes. The problem is a simple one easily solved, and seems to show up when people edit the quoted section of their message, turning out like this (sorry Jeff1):

(the ] and [ in the examples have been reversed to avoid html troubles in this message)

----------------------------------------

]quote=igotworms,2004-12-09 17:13:37[

]quote=Jeff1,2004-12-10 00:02:00[ Most of the time when I tell them im an American , they reply " thats better " I guess there looking Forward to me taking the family out to dinner .

Maybe you can help me , How much does a moose weigh ?

]/quote[

-----------------------------------------

Get rid of the spaces between the end of the last sentence and the ]/quote[ tag and the problem will disappear:

]quote=igotworms,2004-12-09 17:13:37[

]quote=Jeff1,2004-12-10 00:02:00[ Most of the time when I tell them im an American , they reply " thats better " I guess there looking Forward to me taking the family out to dinner .

]/quote[

will then look like:

]quote=Jeff1,2004-12-10 00:02:00[ Most of the time when I tell them im an American , they reply " thats better "    I guess there looking Forward to me taking the family out to dinner .

-----------------------------------------

Also, if you are quoting from a message that already has quotes in it, you'll notice that there are other ]quote[ and ]/quote[ tags inside the message. Get rid of them so that there is one tag at the beginning and one at the end of the quote. You should have no more troubles.

P.s. I know this should be in Support, but thought it would be seen easier in General Topics, therfore, more helpful.

cv

Too many quotes!!!  Instead of just quoting a particular part of someones statement , they quote the whole bloody passage. Gets rediculous when 2-3 do it in a row, especially when they quote the OP on 1st answer to the post.

Yeah, good point. No need to be quoting an entire 300 word post:)

cv