Best Way To Exchange £'s To Baht?

Gohonzon

I usually take over enough Baht to put straight into my Thai bank account on arrival at BKK.But as the banks and travel agencies in the UK were only offering 68 to the £ today (should be knocking 73 according to XE.com) it got me wondering if bringing over baht was the best option,

Would I get a better rate in changing £'s to Baht in Thailand ?

Don't ever change money in the UK .... commission free .... lousy exchange rate.

Either bring cash (maybe not too wise depending on the amount) ... Travellers cheques ... or open a Flex Account with Nationwide.

Flex account, no charge for using the ATM card and it gives you roughly the same daily rate as quoted by the Bangkok Bank.

But as the banks and travel agencies in the UK were only offering 68 to the £ today (should be knocking 73 according to XE.com) it got me wondering if bringing over baht was the best option

wondering LOL.

Time to stop wondering and start being clever perhaps?: bring your cash and convert it at Super Rich (near World Trade Centre). There is no better place to exchange at the retail level. Period.

bring your cash and convert it at Super Rich (near World Trade Centre). There is no better place to exchange at the retail level. Period.

Todays rate shows $1 = 38.5839. UK Sterling shows, 1pound = 72.0192.

Can you tell me what i would get at Super Rich.

Thaddeus

cheers mate.I'll look into that one.

Serendipitist

Poot Mahk !

Despite the fact that you sound a bit of a pompous <deleted>-you don't actually answer my question re:exchange rates.

Didn't answer *your* question? <deleted>!!?

Like this Q hasn't been asked umpteen times in umpteen various guises already here. (Hint: there's a site search engine. It works.)

Nonetheless, which part of my answer didn't you understand? Was it... perhaps... this part?

b r i n g y o u r c a s h a n d c o n v e r t i t a t S u p e r R i c h

No don't do that, waste of your time, hard to find - I mean fancy trekking with your backpack & football all over ชิดลม to save a few baht in this heat!?? Only a pompous <deleted> would do such a thing. Yeah I 'puut mak' - should've known better than to suggest something so stupid to someone so clever...

คุณคิด เหรอว่าคุณฉลาด ผมไม่เชื่อ

"No don't do that, waste of your time, hard to find - I mean fancy trekking with your backpack & football all over ????? to save a few baht in this heat!??"

Khon ngoh :o

Look sunshine,apart from the fact that that I'm partially disabled and would prefer not trekking all over Bangkok to change my currency-I'd much prefer to make my way home to Cha-Am.

Jeez. Just try concentrating on you breath or something

Edited by Gohonzon

"No don't do that, waste of your time, hard to find - I mean fancy trekking with your backpack & football all over ????? to save a few baht in this heat!??"

Khon ngoh  :o

Jai yen, guys, jai yen...........

Thaddeus said everything. The Nationwide route is a gift - open a FlexAccount with maybe the E-Savings option (you can start the process online): good enough exchange rate and NO atm charge. Compare that with the near-£4 charge per ATM transaction that I've been stung for by Royal Bank of Scotland, for example.