New UBC channels Up - with renumbering

astral

The new UBC service is up and running.

Make sure you leave your decoder on to get the latest download.

Virtually every channel has been renumbered....................

What a pain.

It look as though we will be getting Pay Per View in the near future,

as two of the new channels are PPV1 and PPV2.

The new UBC service is up and running.

Make sure you leave your decoder on to get the latest download.

Virtually every channel has been renumbered....................

What a pain.

It look as though we will be getting Pay Per View in the near future,

as two of the new channels are PPV1 and PPV2.

Yea, I turned the television on this morning and <deleted>. I thought my wifey had been messing with the remote again. I almost started to wake her up about it, then realized the new numbering scheme. Always something, isn't it.

crazy012wn.gif

Are you on the digital or analog service?

So far all i have are changed numbers and a vastly reduced number of channels to watch.

Channels such as CNN BBC World TV5 CCTV are scrambled.

Left the boxes on all night as per instructions.

Have tried calling UBC but the line is constantly engaged. What a suprise

It's great!!

Far less unused channels now, neatly cleaned things up.

And they added a whole bunch of channels, which I'm sure will be scrambled later unless you sign up for their platinum deal. But for now you can watch things like BBC Prime and some others.

Thank you UBC! :o

It's great!! 

And they added a whole bunch of channels, which I'm sure will be scrambled later unless you sign up for their platinum deal.  But for now you can watch things like BBC Prime and some others.

Thank you UBC!  :o

At last TCM is back

Schedule :

Day 1 : add all the channels in sequence

day 2 : scramble all channels according to pay plan

day 3 - xxxx : answer all the phone calls an complaints

day 4 -xxxxx: sort out all the wrong scrambling.

day 5 -xxxx: invoice for the air time you were not supposed to get.

day 6- xxxx: answer all the phones and complaints on wrong invoicing

and so on.... :o

Haven't been able to get anything. can't get onto UBC in Sydney so I rang the local dealer in Pichit. They decided that my black box is unable to receive and are sending out a techie to replace it.

I've had a look at the new channels and there is only 2 that appear to be interesting for me. I sure wouldn't be interested in Animax can't handle the jap garbage and neither can any of the kids that watch my TV. It sure doesn't look worth another 500 baht to me. Perhaps if they give us a couple of free weeks I might change my mind.

I've been paying for UBC since it was less than 800baht and I've got to say that I am pretty dissapointed in the way they have degraded the service and if I could find an alternative I'd grab it.

I was talking to a guy in Bangkok a couple of years ago he was visiting from India and he told me it was costing him 150 rupees.

dissapointed Joe

I get home last night to find all the channels rearranged, but working with BBC Prime and a few other extras, great. Now I wake up and have no channels at all, except the distance learning ones, and even these aren't possible to watch.

A total mess up, am I alone in having this problem?

OK, after unplugging and plugging back in the box and the card several times it's finally working.

Now that I'm sober I can see what a great deal I'll be getting with the new channels.

Bloomberg is included with my current Gold package. (I already have it on Sophon Cable)

If I pay an extra 500 I can upgrade to the Platinum package and receive:

Star World: (Decent Channel, however already receive on Sophon)

A1: (Occasionally watchable, already get on Sophon)

STC: (Never watch, already available on Sophon)

Animax: (Cartoons, I don't have any children)

E! Entertainment channel: (Had on Sky in the UK, Never watched it)

TVB: (Chinese Language, enough said)

TCM: (Had on Sky in the UK, occasionally some classic movies, may be worth having due to the lack of classic movies available here)

MGM: (From what I gather, similar to above)

BBC Prime: ("Best" of BBC Channel, not a fan of Eastenders, but may be some decent programmes on this channel)

So basically I have to decide if BBC Prime, TCM, and MGM are worth an extra 500/month. Doesn't sound like a great deal, but I can see UBC making it slightly better by pressurising Sophon to take Star World, A1, Bloomberg, and STC off air as they did with BBC World and Premiership Football amongst other things.

Unfortunately UBC basically have a monopoly in many areas of Thailand, 2000/month for the quality of service and channels must be one of the worst deals in any country.

I'm seriously considering getting a motorised set-up and ditching UBC.

Edited by konangrit

Another thing, today is February and I still haven't received this months UBC Guide.

Chanchao, if you go into the set-up section of the menu and then choose channels you can select skip on the unused channels so they're basically invisible. You can also rearrange the channels, something I'm going to have to spend a while doing now after the upgrade reset them all back to the original positions.

Some good news,

Another 20 radio stations coming soon too:

1. Smooth Jazz

2. Adult Contmporary

3.Dance

4. Rock and Roll Oldies

5.Love Songs

6. Beautiful Instrumentals

7. UK Hits

8. Euro Hits

9. Rat pack

10. Operas

11. Arias and Overtures

12. Classic R&B

13. Lite Classical

14. Soft Hits

15. Contemporary Instrumentals

16. Childrens

17. 70s Hits

18. Piano

19. Retro Disco

20. 80s Hits

Seems like there should be something for everyone there, let's hope that they're available on all packages. :o

Edited by konangrit

> You can also rearrange the channels, something I'm going to have to spend

> a while doing now after the upgrade reset them all back to the original

> positions.

I could do that, but I want to familarize myself with the new positions.

That way, when I'm out in some restaurant or bar then I can be an authority on what's on where and be a hero when I can just shout something like "Put it on 32 please Nong!" and give everyone the football they're dying to see, as if I was Jesus himself breaking and multiplying the bread.

> You can also rearrange the channels, something I'm going to have to spend

>  a while doing now after the upgrade reset them all back to the original

> positions.

I could do that, but I want to familarize myself with the new positions.

That way, when I'm out in some restaurant or bar then I can be an authority on what's on where and be a hero when I can just shout something like "Put it on 32 please Nong!" and give everyone the football they're dying to see, as if I was Jesus himself breaking and multiplying the bread.

Good point.....now I'm going to have to spend hours putting them back...... :o

Edited by konangrit

.... I can just shout something like "Put it on 32 please Nong!" and give everyone the football they're dying to see, as if I was Jesus himself breaking and multiplying the bread.

...or when the group of rowdy yobs try to change the football commentary from Thai to English and spend 5 minutes messing around unsuccessfully, and you just hit the right button and it works! :o Kudos to me! :D:D:D

Anyone getting MGM, my TCM finally came on after calling UBC twice, but I get a red screen on 51 advising MGM is coming as is E.

I have callled and confirmed I am signed up for Platinum. Anyone getting MGM now? The subject at the momemnt 9:08 PM Monday says Mr. Myjstick is on!!!

Anyone getting MGM, my TCM finally came on after calling UBC twice, but I get a red screen on 51 advising MGM is coming as is E.

I have callled and confirmed I am signed up for Platinum.  Anyone getting MGM now?  The subject at the momemnt 9:08 PM Monday says Mr. Myjstick is on!!!

Not working for me either, but BBCPrime is now the favourite. Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, Top Gear "2"?, and on...... Black Adder at 9.40 (I hope its "The Turnip")

:D:o

I have called and confirmed I am signed up for Platinum.  Anyone getting MGM now?  The subject at the momemnt 9:08 PM Monday says Mr. Myjstick is on!!!

Not working for me either, but BBCPrime is now the favourite. Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, Top Gear "2"?, and on...... Black Adder at 9.40 (I hope its "The Turnip")

:D:D

I'm not getting MGM or E! (51 and 59), so I think they must be still working on them. Pity, because I really liked "Mr. Majestyk"

majestyk8sg.jpg

Must go now - Black Adder's on! :o

I'm sure everyone's noticed by now, but apparently all the gold customers are getting ALL of the new channels until the 27th Feb. (probably to give UBC a chance to handle phone calls from people complaining).

Only issue so far is that the default language on the box is back to Thai, and can't figure out how to get the menus back to English. (although I did manage to get the default spoken language back to English).

Great news UBC, but please understand that are brains can cope with taking in different programmes, not the same ones repeated ever 2 HOURS.
Must go now - Black Adder's on! 

AGAIN, :o

Yes, a bit much. I missed the first showing so was happy to catch it the second time. But now they're showing Logun's bl00dy Run AGAIN on TCM. Think I'll watch Black Adder again.

And keeping up appearences. AGAIN, :annoyed

Variety please :D

Ditto.

I'm sure everyone's noticed by now, but apparently all the gold customers are getting ALL of the new channels until the 27th Feb. (probably to give UBC a chance to handle phone calls from people complaining).

Only issue so far is that the default language on the box is back to Thai, and can't figure out how to get the menus back to English. (although I did manage to get the default spoken language back to English).

They are not so dumb, really. We'll all get used to having BBC Prime and TCM and will think "oh well, it's only 500 a month" so we'll keep it. I know I will already!

But bl00dy "Ready Steady Cook" - jeez.

At least we get something for those 500 baht and not like the last increase where we received nothing for our money.

Yes they are still working on those two channels wit the red screens.

Heck the Magnum PI and Oprah are enough to make it worth the 500 baht for me.

The month of February is free and the will start charging for additional channels/services or blocking in March.

> Heck the Magnum PI and Oprah are enough to make it worth the 500 baht for me.

I sincerely hope you are kidding.. :D

Also....... BBC Prime....... Prime to me suggests up to date stuff, not Keeping up Appearances and Blackadder from 1985. If I wanted any of that I'd download it. (Fawlty towers for example). And classic movies.. give me a break, they're just so annoying to watch with the crap effects and s . l . o . w pace.. I mean really, in 1950 they were able to just put a camera on a car and shoot a conversation in a movind car with a real background, not some projection.. Sorry, maybe people bought that back then but it sure looks crap now.

No way I'm upgrading. In fact I started looking into alternative cable options again as all of this reminded me how expensive UBC really is.

As long as the alternative has BBC World and football / Formula 1 then I'm fine. Don't really care about the rest. I'm so SICK of seeing the same bloody animals over and over again on Discovery and the like.. Jesus, I really hope sharks, lions and alligators die out pronto, along with those arrogant dudes in shorts trying to catch, cuddle and pick them up all the time. Really I wonder why those few animals get so much airtime. Are they paying for exposure or what.

Thanks for reading through all that. :o And admittedly, "Conquest" on the History Channel is cool. ( "How to kill people with an axe or a spear or a giant catapult" :D )

Cheers,

Chanchao

...Also....... BBC Prime.......  Prime to me suggests up to date stuff, not Keeping up Appearances and Blackadder from 1985....

Yeah, they should've called it BBC Classic. Which is really what it is.

No way I'm upgrading.  In fact I started looking into alternative cable options again as all of this reminded me how expensive UBC really is. As long as the alternative has BBC World and football / Formula 1 then I'm fine.  ...

If you get a good alternative, please let us know because you're right - it is bl00dy expensive. We are now paying almost UK prices for a system that is no way as good as Sky.

And keeping up appearences. AGAIN, :annoyed

Variety please :o

Give it time...

Shooting Stars

Fast Show

To be honest, it felt great coming home half past midnight last night and flicking Blackadder on. So much better than that lets-use-the-same-<deleted>-script-but-with-different-actors US "comedy" <deleted> that you get on UBC Series.

Hope for the sake of mankind they don't show Casualty in Pattaya. They'll be fitting springboards to them balconies...