New UBC channels Up - with renumbering

astral

Unfortunately it would seem that Casualty is airing daily. Incidentally it was filmed in my home city, the scenes outside of the hospital were filmed at the college I used to attend at the time.

If the standard of programming doesn't improve I will not be upgrading my package either. Sure, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, and Only Fools and Horses were great comedies, but how many times can you watch them? Apparantly The Office will be airing too, which is a great comedy and a little more up to date. Way too many Vets garden barbeque makeover junk for my liking. To be honest, I rarely watch BBC1 in the UK as the quality of programming just aint what it used to be. Shame that the BBC has decided to show Asia some of the worst programmes it produces for daytime airing to housewives, students and the unemployable. There are many great documentaries and current affairs documentaries from BBC2 that they could be showing instead. I guess at the end of the day they have already sold the broadcast rights to anything decent that they have produced, so all we are left with are programmes such as Ready Steady Cook and Ground Force which no other channels are willing to buy, and dated comedies which were produced long before the advent of multi channel TV.

I should get out more, spent too much time moaning about TV in this thread. :o

Ok, turns out I have an analogue not didgital box set up and that's why. And I was hoping to get my gf watching blackadder as well.

They want me to pay 2700 baht when I change addresses soon as well for sorting out my cable there, bit cheeky that, 2700 baht, seems a bit pricey just to get the technician sent out.

Ok, turns out I have an analogue not didgital box set up and that's why.  And I was hoping to get my gf watching blackadder as well.

They want me to pay 2700 baht when I change addresses soon as well for sorting out my cable there, bit cheeky that, 2700 baht, seems a bit pricey just to get the technician sent out.

Sure is - but do the phrases "over a barrel" and "short and curlies" ring any bells? :D:o

I see MGM is now up and running, still no E or any of the new radio stations, though.

...and because they don't show the film title, all the family can play a game: "Guess the film" and "Guess the actors".

What fun! OK, at the moment it's "What's New Pussycat" starring Peter O'Toole, Woody Allen, Peter Sellers, Ursula Andress and .... oh God, I'm off to the pub. :o