Went Out To Pat Pong...

Lancelot

Last Saturday night I went with my girlfriend and two of her friends to a typical Thai “pub’ in central Bangkok. Just me and a couple of other farangs present; the rest was 98% Thai. Friendly people and reasonably loud music, so that normal conversation was still possible. What impressed me most was the service.

Several drop-dead gorgeous Thai ladies hovered about, constantly refilling our drinks and fetching refills. They were polite, but just a little flirty. A sanuk evening all around. After drinking for about three hours, my girlfriend tipped the waitress B20 and received a wai. The waitress seemed satisfied and everyone parted friends.

By contrast, two Saturday nights ago, I wandered down to Pat Pong. I sat down in one of those open air bars on the Soi parallel to the night market, and go-go bar, soi. The waitress scowled when she brought me a beer and rolled her eyes when I asked for a glass with ice. I finished the beer, and then paid my B80 check bin with a B100 note. The change came back with four B5 coins, of which one I left for a tip. The same scowling waitress made a show of looking for the “tip.” I just ignored her and walked on.

I’ve been here a couple of years and find myself enjoying the farang girly bars less and less. The exception, of course being to kick back with some mates and chat a bit.

Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else get fed up with the sh*te service we farangs get at some of “our” bars? :o

Lance

Last Saturday night I went with my girlfriend and two of her friends to a typical Thai “pub’ in central Bangkok. Just me and a couple of other farangs present; the rest was 98% Thai. Friendly people and reasonably loud music, so that normal conversation was still possible. What impressed me most was the service.

Several drop-dead gorgeous Thai ladies hovered about, constantly refilling our drinks and fetching refills. They were polite, but just a little flirty. A sanuk evening all around. After drinking for about three hours, my girlfriend tipped the waitress B20 and received a wai. The waitress seemed satisfied and everyone parted friends.

By contrast, two Saturday nights ago, I wandered down to Pat Pong. I sat down in one of those open air bars on the Soi parallel to the night market, and go-go bar, soi. The waitress scowled when she brought me a beer and rolled her eyes when I asked for a glass with ice. I finished the beer, and then paid my B80 check bin with a B100 note. The change came back with four B5 coins, of which one I left for a tip. The same scowling waitress made a show of looking for the “tip.” I just ignored her and walked on.

I’ve been here a couple of years and find myself enjoying the farang girly bars less and less. The exception, of course being to kick back with some mates and chat a bit.

Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else get fed up with the sh*te service we farangs get at some of “our” bars?   :o   

Lance

What do you mean. OUR bars? They are not your bars. As for th shit service and scowl. Maybe it was the time of the month for her. :D:D:D

If you were on your own, she probably (understandably) thought you were a punter. Just think how much <deleted> these girls have to put up with on a daily basis. Especially those waitress types that are not selling theirselves (if such entities exist). Horses for courses, I'm afraid.

Next time - go somewhere nice if you want good service.

If she was scowling in the first place she shouldn't have got a tip at all.

so, patpong, crap bars, ugly girls, bad music, I think the service is just trying to keep the same standard.  :o

Yeah, you're probably right-no amount would have been enough in that particular bar :D

Patpong is not only " World Famous" for its entertainment but is becoming world famous for its bad service, bad attitudes, scams and rippoffs. 3 or 4 years ago a friend was in town and insisted that we go to Patpong even after i suggested that there were better places to go to. So off to Patpong and into a downstairs section of a gogo and we ordered 2 beers. I glanced at the docket and it was 800 baht for 2 beers . After much protest to the mamasan that i was not a tourist and knew what a reasonable price should be it was changed to 200 baht. Then we were branded as cheap charlies and the show stopped so we downed the beers paid the bill and legged it and i have not been back to Patpong since.

If you were on your own, she probably (understandably) thought you were a punter. Just think how much <deleted> these girls have to put up with on a daily basis. Especially those waitress types that are not selling theirselves (if such entities exist). Horses for courses, I'm afraid.

Very true.

The amount of hatred for farang men or maybe just men is imaginable to me considering the amount of scumbags those girls have to face everyday. I wouldn't be surprised if they all become lesbians one day.

And yes, Patpong is crap!

Very true.

The amount of hatred for farang men or maybe just men is imaginable to me considering the amount of scumbags those girls have to face everyday. I wouldn't be surprised if they all become lesbians one day.

And yes, Patpong is crap!

and on this note

please discuss the patpong barscene on http://www.barladies.com

/closed