I Have Been Completely Stitched Up By Ex Thai Gf

Hi all, I don't normally post on these forums, but with recent events in my life I feel compelled to.

My background is this: I am 25 and my ex is also 25. I was living in Bangkok with my ex thai gf for over one year. I headed back to the UK in march 2005 with the intention of my ex following me soon, so we sorted out a fiancee visa for her, which was by no mean easy or cheap, but I was in love so I was determined that she would follow me to the UK.

I sent her money for her flight and also helped pay for her flat whilst she was in Thailand and I was back in the UK. She came to the UK in early May and was supposed to stay with me for about 6 months before we had the intention of getting married. Unfortunately she only stayed for a week, as she was complaining she was homesick, didn't like food etc.

I tried to persuade her to stay but her mind was made up, so I took her back to Heathrow and left her there without checking that she checked in for her flight.

I then assumued that she went back to Thailand where she was supposed to be looking for a job. However I discovered via a friend of her's last night, that she is now staying with another guy that she met in Ko San Rd last January, when we were going through a rocky patch. This guy lives in Leicester and I called them up after her friend gave me his number. I have never been so shocked, upset, gutted in all my life. This simply is not right, she is staying in the UK on a fiancee visa with my name written on it, surely there is something I can do to get her out of the country?? Any sensible offers of advice would be much appreciated.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No question she is there under false pretenes if she is not living with you and living with another male.

Dont know the full story ,but sounds painful for you.

I would call immigration and have a chat if you feel strongly about it.

On the face of it She sounds like a mercenary bitch.

Hi all, I don't normally post on these forums, but with recent events in my life I feel compelled to.

My background is this: I am 25 and my ex is also 25. I was living in Bangkok with my ex thai gf for over one year. I headed back to the UK in march 2005 with the intention of my ex following me soon, so we sorted out a fiancee visa for her, which was by no mean easy or cheap, but I was in love so I was determined that she would follow me to the UK.

I sent her money for her flight and also helped pay for her flat whilst she was in Thailand and I was back in the UK. She came to the UK in early May and was supposed to stay with me for about 6 months before we had the intention of getting married. Unfortunately she only stayed for a week, as she was complaining she was homesick, didn't like food etc.

I tried to persuade her to stay but her mind was made up, so I took her back to Heathrow and left her there without checking that she checked in for her flight.

I then assumued that she went back to Thailand where she was supposed to be looking for a job. However I discovered via a friend of her's last night, that she is now staying with another guy that she met in Ko San Rd last January, when we were going through a rocky patch. This guy lives in Leicester and I called them up after her friend gave me his number. I have never been so shocked, upset, gutted in all my life. This simply is not right, she is staying in the UK on a fiancee visa with my name written on it, surely there is something I can do to get her out of the country?? Any sensible offers of advice would be much appreciated.

Seeing as how you joined TV many months ago I will assume that this is not a troll.

When I was living in UK my wife and I had 3 other thai couples that we visited each weekend.

All three girls admitted that they originally married a Brit in order to get a free ride into the UK so that they could then look for someone richer.

Just be thankful that you do not have to fork out for a divorce.

She could have gone thru with the marriage and then left.

As for revenge, forget it. She's gone. Let her go.

Start looking for a better woman.

Sorry to hear this myself and my wife live in Leicester married for 13 years - she has lots of Thai friends - do you know the guys name - There are loads of Thai girls living in Leicester - a lot of them meet in the Corn Exchange Pub in the city centre by the market on Sautrday afternoon most of them meet through a market vendor Thai woman who has a Thai food stall . Immigration will find it difficult to trace her without an address she has to all intents and purposes dissappeared. If you can give me any more details I will ask the wife to have a chat.

Edited by alex100

Feel sorry for you. A set-up case from the beginning I would say.

I don't know about England, but on the mainland in Europe a 'Referee' (you) has to sign a guarantee paper, meaning you will be hold responsible in case the tourist applies for any help from the Government. So, in fact you have to pay in the end.

If so, inform the Immigration (you should do that anyway, since she's illegal now) with the true story.

If that's not the case, better forget it and see it from the bright side...it could have been a lot worse for you.

LaoPo

Experience is a painful thing mate. The only thing I can say is be more cautious next time around.

From what I know, you can contact the Immigration Authorities but you will need her passport number. If she tries to leave the country she will be picked up, and will have considerable difficulty obtaining another visa unless she has already married, in which case there is little you can do.

This simply is not right, she is staying in the UK on a fiancee visa with my name written on it, surely there is something I can do to get her out of the country?? Any sensible offers of advice would be much appreciated.

assuming you are not a troll ,

i can imagine you must be somewhat angry about all this ,

you can either put it behind you and move on with your life , or you can do the sensible thing and "get closure" with some sweet revenge.

try informing the brit . embassy in bangkok about the situation , telling them what has happened and that you are no longer responsible for her in any way.

they will have her passport number , and seeing as you will be telling the embassy of her address in leicester , they will have all the info. needed to do whatever it is they do in situations like this.

if you only have her phone number , then there must be ways of matching a phone number to an address. the uk is so full of databases that it shouldn't be too hard to track her down.

inform the uk immigration people too , ( she came in on a visa with your name on it and now she is living with someone else , for all immigration know , you could be trafficking girls.)

Edited by taxexile

they will have her passport number , and seeing as you will be telling the embassy of her address in leicester , they will have all the info. needed to do whatever it is they do in situations like this.

inform the uk immigration people too , ( she came in on a visa with your name on it and now she is living with someone else , for all immigration know , you could be trafficking girls.)

This IMO is exellent advice, if you just leave it, it could make life a little difficult if you decided to bring another Thai girl to the UK.

You should tell the embassy in bkk now, But only do this if you are sure the relationship is 100% over. She may come running back asking for forgiveness, if she did would you take her back?

What ever you decide i wish you the best of luck.

I fell sorry that this has happened to you.... shame that this happens at all really. There are some heartless people around.

Treat this whole affair as a learning experience, try not to think about it over and over, move on and forget :D

One thing that may give you comfort is that what comes around, goes around, she'll get hers...!! :o

Best wishes

Totster :D

ํDon't contact British Embassy in Bangkok.

You need to inform the UK Home Office, Immigration Service immediately to notify of the contravention of visa terms.

www.homeoffice.gov.uk

I only have the phone number on me for their Portishead Branch where an old friend works , it is 01275-815020

(My chum is one of the operatives who do the midnight raids on illegals and sends them home on the next plane)

You are being "cancelled".

That is the word i hear more and more. I have an internet shop and i hear it all the time when they talk to eachother (Bargirls and even some "normal" girls). I pity the man who are on the receiving end of their lovely mails.

Men get "cancelled" when the house is ready, the visa is ready or for whatever other reason.

Unfortunately you got close to such a person.

!!!!!!!!!It is time to take measures because you will be held responsible for her actions!!!!!!!!!!!

This is for you a very bad wakeup call, but it is a good thing it happened before you got married. (I got cancelled for a richer guy after 3 years). It will take some time to get over it but time heals everything.

Very bad luck. It's not a reflection of you to any great extent mate - as I have tried to tell people on this forum before and as some already know, there is a group within thai society who are half-clever and make alot of money out of people like you and me. You got unlucky but you must realise she is in a minority.

Do what has been advised and get in touch with British Immigration immediately. They will understand.

See this thread for some more info about how much money some of these girls can make and how you're definitely not stupid or the only one to have had this problem.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15703&hl=

Best of luck.

We have a friend of the family, a Thai woman in Italy, who is totally fed up with her new Italian husband, who completely sold her a 'bill of goods', so to speak. They leave in poverty, circumstances vastly different than the nice lifestyle she was promised !

She asked Mrs Moog, 'Does Moog know a guy looking for a Thai girlfriend, I have to escape from this horrible situation.'

Tax

It won't hurt to tell the Embassy, but its not a Foreign Office matter anymore, its an Internal Matter for the Home Office since she is physically in the UK.

OP is not in Thailand anymore in any case, he is in the UK. So it'll be easier anyway to tell the Home Office.

Tax

It won't hurt to tell the Embassy, but its not a Foreign Office matter anymore, its an Internal Matter for the Home Office since she is physically in the UK.

OP is not in Thailand anymore in any case, he is in the UK. So it'll be easier anyway to tell the Home Office.

But as i quoted in an earlier post,

It is better that he lets the embassy know in Bkk, to clear up the fact that , he may wish to bring another thai lady to the uk.

Please tell the embassy

you must be the one millionth victim.

i have met girls in BKK who were waiting to join their blokes in UK and they asked me for my phone number so they could look me up when they arrived in the UK !

they never had any intention from the start of any long term commitment.

shocking stuff .

A mate of mine was chattin quite frequently with a uni student over the net, turned out she had a bf that lived about an hours drive from him. When her bf sorted out the visa for her and she visited him, she popped out one night to go over my mates house for a quick one! :o

inform the UK embassy to have her sent back home.

If her new sweetheart has informed the authorities correctly, then she may be able to stay.

Leaving an unwanted lover is not an offence - not informing the Home Office of her new status may well be.

There is very little immigration can currently do. It is easy enough for them to trace her as you have a phone number, but if they were to attempt to kick her out, they would have to prove that it was her intention on the day she arrived to leave you and go and live with the bloke in Leicester. Unless she is stupid enough to say so there is no way they can do this. However, she will not be able to get married and extend her 6 month visa. She then faces the option of either overstaying or going back to Thailand. If the former you can then dob her in to immigration and if the latter she'll find it hard to get another visa.

Cheers,

Scouse.

:D

I have been there and done the course.

This may be a little harsh to say but here it is. Forget the little tramp and drop her like a bad penny, because otherwise you will suffer

Some years ago a little Thai girl made that me a fool for the course.

It took me 3 years to get my head settled and to realize I was being played for a fool. I had to forget her and drop her because she was no good.

Here's the good news - About 2 laters I met another Thai woman that I have been living now with now almost twenty years.

The SECOND WOMAN is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Don't be a fool the first time. Cut your loss and live your life for yourself.

:o

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Here's the good news - About 2 laters I met another Thai woman that I have been living now with now almost twenty years.

The SECOND WOMAN is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Don't be a fool the first time. Cut your loss and live your life for yourself.

:o

Excellent point.... like I said before... it was just a learning experience :D

totster :D

Wow, I can't believe the repsonse I got!

Many thanks for all your pieces of advice. I am now trying to get her out of my system, by not contacting her at all. But there is still a piece of me that wants revenge! Unfortunately I only have a mobile number so I won't be able to find the address, but as Scouse said her options are limited and I wouldn't hesitate to grass her if she overstayed. As some of you other guys said, it could have been a lot worse!!

Anyway I am now planning my next sejourn to Thailand, with a much wiser, cynical and cautious head on my shoulders!

Once again cheers for all the support it has cheered me up no end.

//edit by RDN: names and phone numbers deleted.

Edited by RDN