Holiday Visa For A Thai National To Canada?

I have two Thai national friends I would like to invite to Canada for a 3 - 6 month holiday.

Both are married, in their 30's and have children in Thailand...both also have their own businesses in Thailand and hold Thai passports.

How do I apply for holiday visas for them?

How long can they stay in Canada for?

What requirements must they meet?

Do I need to sponsor them?

How long can they holiday in Canada for?

How long does the whole application take?

What steps do I need to take?

Any good visa lawyer recommendations in Pattaya?

What is the success rate?

Finally, how much is this going to cost?

Thanks once more,

Thaiboxer1 :o

I have two Thai national friends I would like to invite to Canada for a 3 - 6 month holiday.

Both are married, in their 30's and have children in Thailand...both also have their own businesses in Thailand and hold Thai passports.

Thanks once more,

Thaiboxer1  :D

OOOPSSS....can this be moved into the other forum? wrong forum..my bad... :o

Why do YOU have to apply for them? Get them to apply themselves! They do not need an agent/lawyer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

Or go to the nearest Canadian Embassy

Canadian Consulate

15/F Abdulrahim Place

990 Rama 4 Road

Tel 02 636 0540

Open 7.30am - 4pm (Mon-Fri)

Why do YOU have to apply for them? Get them to apply themselves! They do not need an agent/lawyer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

Or go to the nearest Canadian Embassy

Canadian Consulate

15/F Abdulrahim Place

990 Rama 4 Road

Tel 02 636 0540

Open 7.30am - 4pm (Mon-Fri)

Thx...I'll give the embassy a call on Mon...do u happen to know how long it takes for a successful application?

Anyone have any experience w/bringing thais into Canada?

Edited by Thaiboxer1

Hi Thaiboxer-

I have taken my GF home twice... not a big problem. I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my memory since the last trip was 2 years ago.....

The Canadian Thai Embassy has a fillable PDF form on their website. You can complete this and submit to the embassy at Abdulrahim.

We only asked for 3 weeks each time, and she was given 3 month visa both times.

Not sure of exact requirements- but the Thai person must show adequate funds in a bank account to cover their trip, and show sufficient evidence that they will in fact return to Thailand. We got a reference letter from her company stating her position, income level, years with company, etc. I put 100K in her account, and got a letter from the bank at the beginning of the month so that her monthly pay was still "visible" in the balance. After the visa was approved, she paid for the air tickets with the 100K.

Yes. I had to write a letter saying that she was travelling with me, and would be returning to Thailand with me after the holiday. Furthermore, my parents had to write a letter acknowledging that she would be staying in our home and that they would guarantee all of her expenses in Canada and repatriation to Thailand.

As mentioned above- 3 months.

Most time is spent gathering the documentation- letter from home, bank, employer, etc. Start early and plan well in advance. We started planning in July for an October vacation. The embassy takes about 7 days.

Gather all the paperwork and submit the application. You may need to attend an interview with your visitors. I did on the first application. not on the second.

Can't help you there- I live in BKK and did it all myself. Not too difficult really.

100% for us.

Last time we did it the visa application fee was 75 CAD. I think the price has gone up- the embassy will be more than happy to tell you this! ;-)

Good luck- let us know how you got on. My GF is wanting to see the snow so we are in the thinking stages of a Christmas vacation. I'll likely be going through all these motions again soon. Any current input you have would surely be useful.

Rgds, bino

Edited by bino

Hi Thaiboxer-

I have taken my GF home twice... not a big problem. I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my memory since the last trip was 2 years ago.....

The Canadian Thai Embassy has a fillable PDF form on their website. You can complete this and submit to the embassy at Abdulrahim.

We only asked for 3 weeks each time, and she was given 3 month visa both times.

Not sure of exact requirements- but the Thai person must show adequate funds in a bank account to cover their trip, and show sufficient evidence that they will in fact return to Thailand. We got a reference letter from her company stating her position, income level, years with company, etc. I put 100K in her account, and got a letter from the bank at the beginning of the month so that her monthly pay was still "visible" in the balance. After the visa was approved, she paid for the air tickets with the 100K.

Yes. I had to write a letter saying that she was travelling with me, and would be returning to Thailand with me after the holiday. Furthermore, my parents had to write a letter acknowledging that she would be staying in our home and that they would guarantee all of her expenses in Canada and repatriation to Thailand.

As mentioned above- 3 months.

Most time is spent gathering the documentation- letter from home, bank, employer, etc. Start early and plan well in advance. We started planning in July for an October vacation. The embassy takes about 7 days.

Gather all the paperwork and submit the application. You may need to attend an interview with your visitors. I did on the first application. not on the second.

Can't help you there- I live in BKK and did it all myself. Not too difficult really.

100% for us.

Last time we did it the visa application fee was 75 CAD. I think the price has gone up- the embassy will be more than happy to tell you this! ;-)

Good luck- let us know how you got on. My GF is wanting to see the snow so we are in the thinking stages of a Christmas vacation. I'll likely be going through all these motions again soon. Any current input you have would surely be useful.

Rgds, bino

Hi Bino,

Thank you very much for your great and detailed information....I never cease to be impressed by the level of help and info I get from this board!

I checked out a local visa service in town for some information and it sounded more like a scam than anything...sounds like we can do this all ourselves!

When we visit Canada, we'll be living at my brother-in-law's house, so that means my bro-in-law needs to write a letter and guarantee their expenses?

Does my bro-in-law or myself need to provide any other documentation? Such as our own bank statements or our declaration of income to show that we can support my thai friends?

Again many thanks Bino, and I'll keep you updated as to what I find on the most current requirements!

Regards,

~Thaiboxer1 :o

Edited by Thaiboxer1

Hi Thaiboxer-

In response to your questions....

I checked out a local visa service in town for some information and it sounded more like a scam than anything...sounds like we can do this all ourselves! 

It really isn't so difficult... follow the directions on the website and do everything that the embassy advises. You don't really need a lawyer / service, but I'm sure there are many who would be happy to take your $$.

When we visit Canada, we'll be living at my brother-in-law's house, so that means my bro-in-law needs to write a letter and guarantee their expenses? 

Correct- your bro-in-law would need to write a letter stating their relationship to you, that the Thai person / people will be staying in his home and that they will guarantee, accommodations, expenses and repatriation.

Does my bro-in-law or myself need to provide any other documentation?  Such as our own bank statements or our declaration of income to show that we can support my thai friends?

I didn't / my family didn't need to show anything like this. Original signed letter was enough. (Get your family to post letter with original signatures) I made sure that my GF had a decent balance of her own to satisfy the requirements. If your friends have some savings in the bank to show, then should be OK. If not, you may need to vouch for them and show your own documentation.

One more bit of paperwork I forgot to tell you about is the "Family Composition" form. You will need to tell the embassy about the immediate members of their family... parents, brothers, sisters, children etc. This is another fillable PDF form on the website I gave you.

Again many thanks Bino, and I'll keep you updated as to what I find on the most current requirements!

Mai pen rai. Glad to help you out, and looking forward to hear how you got on and if you had any probs.

bino

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Thaiboxer-

In response to your questions....

It really isn't so difficult... follow the directions on the website and do everything that the embassy advises. You don't really need a lawyer / service, but I'm sure there are many who would be happy to take your $$.

Correct- your bro-in-law would need to write a letter stating their relationship to you, that the Thai person / people will be staying in his home and that they will guarantee, accommodations, expenses and repatriation.

Does my bro-in-law or myself need to provide any other documentation?  Such as our own bank statements or our declaration of income to show that we can support my thai friends?

I didn't / my family didn't need to show anything like this. Original signed letter was enough. (Get your family to post letter with original signatures) I made sure that my GF had a decent balance of her own to satisfy the requirements. If your friends have some savings in the bank to show, then should be OK. If not, you may need to vouch for them and show your own documentation.

One more bit of paperwork I forgot to tell you about is the "Family Composition" form. You will need to tell the embassy about the immediate members of their family... parents, brothers, sisters, children etc. This is another fillable PDF form on the website I gave you.

Mai pen rai. Glad to help you out, and looking forward to hear how you got on and if you had any probs.

bino

Hi

Bino, Can you tell me from what part of Thailand your girlfriend is from?

I have a theory I am researching about approved versus rejected visas for Thai's coming into Canada.

email to [email protected] thanks

Or anyone else for that matter.. if you have had a visa rejected or one approved, I wouldnt mind a quick chat to summarize details. I am just trying to make it easy for applicants in the future

Hi

Bino, Can you tell me from what part of Thailand your girlfriend is from? 

My GF is from Rayong province, but has lived in BKK for almost 20 years.

She is university educated- Bachelor's degree from Chulalongkorn. She has a good job, and been with the company for 7 years. They wrote her an excellent reference each time.

I'm curious to know if you are trying to get a visa for someone- and been refused. I've never heard of anyone who meets the requirements and does all the paperwork being refused for a simple holiday visa.

Also curious to know the details / analysis of your theory! Do tell!

Edited by bino