Dogs And Puppies

The wife tells me that her Mum's dog was run over and killed recently and she wants to buy a new one for her. Can anyone recommend a good place to pick up a decent, healthy, and inexpensive young dog ?

The wife says that you can pick them up easily at the weekly market in South Pattaya but it all sounds a bit dodgy in this day and age.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The wife tells me that her Mum's dog was run over and killed recently and she wants to buy a new one for her. Can anyone recommend a good place to pick up a decent, healthy, and inexpensive young dog ?

The wife says that you can pick them up easily at the weekly market in South Pattaya but it all sounds a bit dodgy in this day and age.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Some really nice well looked after dogs for sale in Sattahip Market on Wednesday. Most breeds 2000-4000 baht. Better bet than a thai mongrel.

If you don't mind a Thai dog you can do as Kringle suggest.

If OTOH you want a "real" dog go to Theppasit market (weekend evenings), on the left side, behind the food area, in the back just before the parking lot is a guy who has been regular there for years. Dogs available varies but he takes good care of the dogs, are knowledgable, doesn't treat them as "things" (such as most other of the pet sales guys on the markets) and I've got two great labs I got from him one and two years respectively.

IMO most breeds are 3000-3500.

I bought my english bull from the pattaya tai tues/ fri market and she's fine.

The shitzu is from the dog enjoy shop on 3rd rd.

the rottwieler is from the vcd shop on 2 rd by the pattaya tai traffic lights.

and the thai thing is from under the hamburger denmark stall at marine plaza.

:o

The markets....It makes me so sad seeing all the ill treated dogs and puppies locked in cages. I could take them all home and look after them if I had my own way.

But when you pick one make sure it looks pretty healthy, my Dad brought a german shepard and after a week it died :o . But he brought another and shes gorgeous and healthy.

And my Grandad also brought a beautiful husky from a market. Very helpful and playful.

I want a dog actually. Maybe a husky, I'd raise it as a pup and hopefully it would guard me from strange men and anyone else posing a threat.

I bought mine from the Tues/Fri/Sun market. He is a Yorkshire Terrier and had a touch of pnumonia (spelling?) when we got him back home, but after that he was fine. That was 2 years ago. Nice dog, lovely nature.

The markets....It makes me so sad seeing all the ill treated dogs and puppies locked in cages. I could take them all home and look after them if I had my own way.

But when you pick one make sure it looks pretty healthy, my Dad brought a german shepard and after a week it died  :o . But he brought another and shes gorgeous and healthy.

And my Grandad also brought a beautiful husky from a market. Very helpful and playful.

I want a dog actually. Maybe a husky, I'd raise it as a pup and hopefully it would guard me from strange men and anyone else posing a threat.

My baby protects my dog. :D

post-16956-1123654548_thumb.jpg

@Dragonman

Sorry OT:did you get that furniture in Thailand? Please tell me where, I love that style.

Yeah... but just think... if he had a Dalmation it would be invisible... :o

totster :D

Sadly the dalmations had to go in order to fulfill my wife's desire for spotty furniture. You will see from the new dog she has an obsession with black and white :D

Mike Ray. Large furniture shop at top of Pattaya Klang,left hand side, before you get to Sukhumvit. They have big selection, but you can order most designs.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am new here :o . Going to be in Bangkok from Feb next year.

want to have a pet dog once my family settles down in Bangkok. I prefer to buy one from a responsible breeder, rather than picking up one from a store/market. Googled several times, but could not find much information about dog breeders in Thailand (obviously they have their presence in Thai langauge, I guess).

Perhaps some of you have experience in buying dogs from breeders in Thailand.

First question: Do you have met dog breeders who are really interested in the dogs they breed and their future? Particularly I am interested in people whom I can rely on to have a source of continuing support.

Second: There will be times when my whole family will be out of thailand for some times (less than two weeks). What are the options for ensuring quality care for a pet dog in Thailand duing such absences. Do any of you have experience in this issue.

Thanks a bunch.

I started so I'll finish.

We bought a beautiful Labrador puppy at Theppasit market and it's doing great. We took it to the vet in Pattaya before we went north and when there took it again for more injections. The vet there reckons it is not 100%Lab maybe a little golden retreiver but who cares it is a cracking little dog.

The first dog the family have ever allowed in the house.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Toddy knows a bit about dogs in Thailand.

Who's Toddy, how can I contact him/her(?)

search the classified forum

I searched for several days before posting, but not much information there.

You may also get a better response if you post a new thread in the general topics forum.

I did that, thanks for suggesting.