Sorry I Killed Your Wife, Here's Some Money

sriracha john

Published on August 06, 2005

A man whose wife was killed and two-year-old daughter seriously injured in an accident caused by reckless driving, yesterday agreed to accept Bt800,000 as compensation from the female singer responsible.

Danai Boonpitanon, who was suing for Bt7.45 million as compensation, reached the agreement with Nisita Pongsong – better known as Annita – during a negotiating session mediated by the Civil Court.

The accident took place on April 6 last year.

During the negotiations, Nisita reportedly asked for forgiveness and compassion from Danai, who finally said he forgave her.

“I am glad that we could reach a satisfactory settlement, but I always regret that accident,” the 20-year-old singer said.

The Criminal Court on June 16 this year found Nisita guilty of reckless driving causing death and serious injury to other persons. She was given a suspended jail term and ordered to perform 36 hours of community service.

wow.... community service for vehicular homicide. Amazing Thailand

ohhh... btw, this is the "killer" looking so angelic:

17339.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont worry ,That Anita is punished By Thais already..she lost her  job ..

Hmmm...

I guess that's pretty harsh....considering the victim's wife didn't lose her job, but her life..... :o

Now that Anita die already eventhough she alive

(not mean, just fact ) i feel soso with her ...

There's a big difference between your career ending and your life ending...

not to mention the poor girl who was severely injured as well and the man who must raise her now without his wife.

Sorry, but she should have been dealt with more severely.

Bambina is a Thai, and probably from a wealthy background so giving THB800,00 to a Thai peasant is probably a good thing in her eyes. All farangs that complain about Thai racisism should remember that rich Thais feel even less about their poor people than they do about us.

Bambina is a Thai, and probably from a wealthy background so giving THB800,00 to a Thai peasant is probably a good thing in her eyes. All farangs that complain about Thai racisism should remember that rich Thais feel even less about their poor people than they do about us.

ohh dont get me wrong .. what you said it's what not i mean

what i mean ... i mean anita die from TH people already , she is tortured

i dont dare to compare Life with money , i know the value of LIFE well, i work with LIFE, play with LIFE ..fight with GOD

okie?

BB

OK Bambina, sorry to offend, I really don't know you or your background - so forgive me.

just in my experience Thai people are very callous to the suffering of the poor Thais, (especially if they come from Isan)! When I first come here in 1987, the average salary was THB5,000 per month. What is it now in 2005? Unchanged, yet when I walk past Bed Club, how many young Thais I see in imported Porsches etc. There is so much wealth in this country, but the selfish rich care nothing about the other Thais. Thai Rak Thai is a joke.

calm down , and listen to me

when anita wake up , she must have fussy life

she is in ###### even she alive

when she goes out ..people look at her as" look down" "hate" etc..

she lost everything now

and im not at her side ..

never cared her..not interested... just people who live in same world with me

BB

What do you mean, when she wake up. She is OK, she is a rich young Thai with a long life ahead of her. She drove away after she kill woman and child and, if the press report was right, she was drunk. Sure she will have to deal with this all her life - but at least she have a life.

OK Bambina, sorry to offend, I really don't know you or your background - so forgive me.

de nada ,

just in my experience Thai people are very callous to the suffering of the poor Thais, (especially if they come from Isan)!

jsut some,, not all ..its not stereotype

When I first come here in 1987, the average salary was THB5,000 per month. What is it now in 2005?

it depends on what do you do ..

Unchanged, yet when I walk past Bed Club, how many young Thais I see in imported Porsches etc. There is so much wealth in this country, but the selfish rich care nothing about the other Thais. Thai Rak Thai is a joke.

sorry .. its not stereotype

What do you mean, when she wake up. She is OK, she is a rich young Thai with a long life ahead of her. She drove away after she kill woman and child and, if the press report was right, she was drunk. Sure she will have to deal with this all her life - but at least she have a life.

i got ya .. yes she  alive , she has life ..but she  wont have any dandy time ..people here dont like (plenty  people hate) her

anyhow im not her side nor try to excuse instead her.. i just give input that people here think

Regards

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

I am sorry I comment so much on this subject, but in my opinion this is what is one of the biggest problems in Thailand, (and truth be told throughout the world), that some people think that their childish actions can be washed away just with a few dollars. This man has lost his family and some rich Thai wil get away with it for what, paying GBP11,000. It is shocking, I am sure if a farang had been responsible there would be a public outcry. The hypocrisy in this nation is stomach turning.

I am sorry I comment so much on this subject, but in my opinion this is what is one of the biggest problems in Thailand, (and truth be told throughout the world), that some people think that their childish actions can be washed away just with a few dollars. This man has lost his family and some rich Thai wil get away with it for what, paying GBP11,000. It is shocking, I am sure if a farang had been responsible there would be a public outcry. The hypocrisy in this nation is stomach turning.

no no ..no need to say sorry ..we just trade our opinion, no one right or wrong ..ok?

anyway i understand what you mean ...no worry

Bambi :o

I guess religion doesn't make much of a difference - Both Catholics and Buddhists have shown themselves capable of indescribable evil.

And I hope neither of us ever have to live with the condequences of such misguided actions as this Thai singer.

I guess religion doesn't make much of a difference - Both Catholics and Buddhists have shown themselves capable of indescribable evil.

And I hope neither of us ever have to live with the condequences of such misguided actions as this Thai singer.

ja....every religion has same deal...just want people be good..

Its' a tragedy and happens too often. The most horrible is when the driver at fault, feels the need to finish off the victim...which was not the case here. Although she fled the scene of the crime, that in itself is punishable by incarceration....plus driving under the influence, plus man slaughter and one count of inflicting grievious bodily harm, all this would add up to some pretty serious time....in lands far away from here...

Its' a tragedy and happens too often. The most horrible is when the driver at fault, feels the need to finish off the victim...which was not the case here. Although she fled the scene of the crime, that in itself is punishable by incarceration....plus driving under the influence, plus man slaughter and one count of inflicting grievious bodily harm, all this would add up to some pretty serious time....in lands far away from here...

In lands far away , the rich and priviledged with their access to high priced representation in court do also get away with murder - OJ ?

an underpriviledged teenager with a couple of tablets of amphetemine if caught will go to jail for several years - a young man with a gun , but the son of an influential politician who murders some one in a crowded nightclub is likely to walk free.

the law is not equal - thats just propaganda , in all countries.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on this. Suspended sentence for murder? The mere thought of that makes me boil. If a farang was the culprit involved in this, we all know the outcome would have been much different.

A man whose wife was killed and two-year-old daughter seriously injured in an accident caused by reckless driving, yesterday agreed to accept Bt800,000 as compensation from the female singer responsible.

Danai Boonpitanon, who was suing for Bt7.45 million as compensation, reached the agreement with Nisita Pongsong – better known as Annita – during a negotiating session mediated by the Civil Court.

During the negotiations, Nisita reportedly asked for forgiveness and compassion from Danai, who finally said he forgave her.

“I am glad that we could reach a satisfactory settlement, but I always regret that accident,” the 20-year-old singer said.

The Criminal Court on June 16 this year found Nisita guilty of reckless driving causing death and serious injury to other persons. She was given a suspended jail term and ordered to perform 36 hours of community service.

17339.jpg

I'm with Annita -- sh*t happens in life; she's no killer, just a young gal out doing what young people do -- having fun and being irresponsible here and there -- bad luck all around.

No disrespect intended, but the victims are already dead.

From Anita's perspective , her job, in the aftermath is to get herself out of the mess to the best of her ability & wherewithal -- that means no jail term, least amount of fines and reasonably "fair" monetary compensation for the family.

And walk away from the mess asap, smile and say, "that was a close call for me"

Ones's duty to oneself is to get the best deal one can -- especially under such adverse circumstances wherein one could easily get lynched.

Every farang in this thread would be singing a different tune had he himself been in Anita's shoes.

Thumbs up for Anita :o

we had a thai family member in a similar situation last year. driving a car without permission or insurance & a head on collision whilst on the wrong side of the road.

it cost 400,000 baht and no court case!

although from a powerful family he was not publicly known so things were able to be sorted quietly.

so for him there was no court case or any blot on his record whatsoever; it was felt that the 400000 was fair as the other could only earn 4000 a month & 8+ years salary was more than fair payment.

personally i felt he should have been severly nicked

17339.jpg

I'm with Annita -- sh*t happens in life; she's no killer, just a young gal out doing what young people do -- having fun and being irresponsible here and there -- bad luck all around.

No disrespect intended, but the victims are already dead.

From Anita's perspective , her job, in the aftermath is to get herself out of the mess to the best of her ability & wherewithal -- that means no jail term, least amount of fines and reasonably "fair" monetary compensation for the family.

And walk away from the mess asap, smile and say, "that was a close call for me"

Ones's duty to oneself is to get the best deal one can -- especially under such adverse circumstances wherein one could easily get lynched.

Every farang in this thread would be singing a different tune had he himself been in Anita's shoes.

Thumbs up for Anita :o

I doesn't matter what we personally would do in the same situation. She should be in prison! She was drinking and Driving! The "Justice" system has failed!

Harmonica, unless you are being deliberately provocative, you have a very sad outlook on life. It's odd how so many people regard crimes as minor unless they become a victim. Back in the UK I knew of a guy who was always complaining about the unfairness of drinking and driving laws - until a member of his immediate family was hurt by a drunken driver on New Years Eve, Personally I am appalled at how many farangs here feel that it is acceptable to drive home when they are absolutely hammered. Don't get me wrong, I am a bigger drunk than most people, just feel that when I am drunk I don't need to endanger other people.