Sponsors Letter

hi all,

i have read a lot of information on this site and it is all very helpful. i have now been thinking about how to write a sponsors letter for my ladies application for a visitors visa to the uk . i was wondering if any of the boys would have a copy of their sponsors letter that they could post on this site so as we can all have a look to learn about what we should write in the letter.could any one write an example of a letter so as we know what the embassy would expect to see in a letter. thanks for any help.

regards scooty.

This one did the trick for us.....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Your full address

Date here

Re: Letter of Sponsorship - Miss Name Name

To Whom It May Concern:

Miss Name Name, a friend of good standing, intends to travel to the United Kingdom on Month-Day-Year for a period of approximately three weeks for the purposes of a holiday. During this time I will be providing Miss Name Name with accommodation at the above residential address (---address reiterated in brief---) of which I am sole tenant. Additionally I will be covering any costs of subsistence during her stay and as sponsor for the purposes of her visa application undertake to provide financial cover for any circumstances that arise during her holiday in the United Kingdom.

I have been in the continuous employ of Company Name since Month-Year where currently I hold the position of Job Title with an annual salary of £peanuts (pounds sterling).

Attached to this letter of sponsorship are copies of the following:

Latest available salary slips for a period of six months

Latest available bank statements for a period of six months

Identification page from my United Kingdom passport

Should you require any further information or evidence on my behalf in support of the application please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours truly

---------------------------------------------------

Naturally you might wish to alter it a little

thank you very much for the advice as always it is very appreciated.

chockdecap

This one did the trick for us.....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Your full address

Date here

Re: Letter of Sponsorship - Miss Name Name

To Whom It May Concern:

Miss Name Name, a friend of good standing, intends to travel to the United Kingdom on Month-Day-Year for a period of approximately three weeks for the purposes of a holiday. During this time I will be providing Miss Name Name with accommodation at the above residential address (---address reiterated in brief---) of which I am sole tenant. Additionally I will be covering any costs of subsistence during her stay and as sponsor for the purposes of her visa application undertake to provide financial cover for any circumstances that arise during her holiday in the United Kingdom.

I have been in the continuous employ of Company Name since Month-Year where currently I hold the position of Job Title with an annual salary of £peanuts (pounds sterling).

Attached to this letter of sponsorship are copies of the following:

Latest available salary slips for a period of six months

Latest available bank statements for a period of six months

Identification page from my United Kingdom passport

Should you require any further information or evidence on my behalf in support of the application please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours truly

---------------------------------------------------

Naturally you might wish to alter it a little