Home Security Systems

If you want the real thing then try ADT THAILAND 02 366 0800

ADT Thailand dont operate any more, they sold of their home security business as it was making a huge loss, similar to ADT business in the rest of the world!

try these companies

www.secom.co.th

www.g4s.com/th

www.chubb.co.th

www.pcs.co.th

Home security is important.

With the recent burglaries in Isaan & elsewhere in Thailand, maybe this topic could be pinned by a smart mod? :D

Agreed :o

Meanwhile I saw the 'electronic dogs' on a booth outside HomePro Rama 9 (just up from Fortune), didn't check the price as I wasn't actually looking for one.

Wifey suggests geese are good, but you need space and water for them, additionally goose eggs are apparently very nice to eat.

I am thinking more along the lines of a good store specializing in deadbolts, alarm systems, etc. I suppose there are dozens, but how do you find anything in Bangkok, given the reluctance of anyone in business to refer you to anyone else. Home Pro's selection and sophistication is not good in this department.

Any suggestions for bangkok?

Thanks,

Swelters

sorry for my misinformation, ADT have been taken over by TYCO and they have a good web site

Yes ADT have been under Tyco for many years, as the ADT business unit was not making money they sold their business in Thailand to Securicor (who are now G4S) Tyco now do not promote or sell home security systems within Thailand.

Now this topic is pinned I shall be pruning out all the rubbish,

and will demote the topic if it is not fruitfully used.

Thanks for your co-operation.

While pruning, could you drag over the other posts that relate to "Home Security"?

In this forum and others.

cheers. :o

• 2 weeks later...

A British mate of mine runs Risk Protection Thailand over at www.risk-pro.com check them out.

They cover everything from prison security to home protection services including CCTV, monitored burgular alarm systems and motion sensor lights etc.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I am thinking more along the lines of a good store specializing in deadbolts, alarm systems, etc. I suppose there are dozens, but how do you find anything in Bangkok, given the reluctance of anyone in business to refer you to anyone else. Home Pro's selection and sophistication is not good in this department.

Any suggestions for bangkok?

Thanks,

Swelters

We have the Rokonet..WISDOM Home Wireless Security System. fitted by Maxwell. Its German manufacture I think.

Its the latest technology, well it was a year ago..don't know about now.

You can zone it, useful for night time.

It has 'follow me' ..if it goes off it phones you.

We can set and unset from our mobile or another house phone.

Its is very flexible

Has emergency button etc etc

The guys fitting it were 'tradesman'..impressive and neat fitting work.

Instructions in english.

Once, before I hadn't set it to follow me, or luckily changed the initial code, my step-daughter accidentally armed it when she left the house (setting key was on her car key ring) . Maid entered house later and alarm went off. She phoned me, we were 100Kms+ away..I phoned the guy at Maxwell and he stopped it for us from his mobile.

And to this day it has never gone off on a false alarm

PM me if you want info. their number 02 443 6608/9 www.maxwell.co.th

I got a fujiko harddrive digital recorder for 4 security cameras in fujiko shop near computers in fortune town. cost 6000 without harddrive. i pput a slower 5400 rpm (cooler) drive in it just 20 gigs that was 800 baht in pantip and it's being working great the last 6 months. records motion or time and my outside cameras were 1,500 apiece and are about the size of the tube in a tiolet roll and lots of leds to see in dark well.

i have it all hard wired not wireless as i don't want the neighbours tuning into my cameras. it reocrds about 2 weeks of motion the way it is which is more than enough if there was a robbery or the like and it's handy to see who comes and goes quickly.

it will all be solid state soon.

• 5 weeks later...