Wing 41 Pass

The Dan Sai Kid

I've been planning on getting one also. The facility I work at (CMU) has the form and I will try and find out more about what is needed. I know a copy of your passport, your car blue book (tambien lort), the form filled out and not sure what else.

Just curious... I have one from this past year (I paid the lawyer 100 baht to get it for me). Do they actually check each year to see if they're expired? They look the same to me every year.

A different coloured sticker is issued every year, and dated. The sticker also bears your name either in English, or Thai if you are a Thai national. The application fee is 40 baht per vehicle, and forms are obtainable from the admin offices just inside the Suthep Road entrance.

You will need a copy of your car registration in your name.

A copy of your driving licence (both sides)

A copy of your main passport page, and also the visa page.

A copy of proof of residence.

Take all originals with you as I have often been asked for them over the years. Several foreign residents have had their passes removed from their vehicles in the last month or so, with no reason given, possible coup related, but who knows.

What qualifies as proof of residence? Wonder if my university ID card would be sufficient.

Normally a letter from Immigration or your local consulate or embassy stating your address.

You also have to give a good reason on the application form as to why you need the pass, although I've never heard of anybody being rejected.

They issue over 250.000 each year, so just work out the revenue :o

I heard that you can apply for a Wing 41 pass in November, does anyone know where to do it, and what the procedure is?

Any input is appreciated!

Daft question.. whats a Wing 41 pass? Is that an access all areas type pass???????????

Cheers

It's a pass that allows you to use the Thai Air Farce Road that runs from the airport to Suthep Road (next to Ton Payom market).. It's a great shortcut for those that live on the western side of town , it saves having to do a big loop to go somewhere thats really only five minutes away..

What qualifies as proof of residence? Wonder if my university ID card would be sufficient.

Normally a letter from Immigration or your local consulate or embassy stating your address.

You also have to give a good reason on the application form as to why you need the pass, although I've never heard of anybody being rejected.

What is an example of a reason for why I would need one?

Thanks!

Have no idea since I don't know where you live. An example for me is that I work at CMU and if I have to go to immigration I need to go all the way down Suthep, go half way around the moat, then come back up again - and in heavy traffic it is a pain. With the pass, it's nearly a straight shot through. Also, since I live near Hang Dong and I want to go to Lotus, the same thing - don't have to go anywhere near the moat and the rush hour traffic.

Thanks!

Less or no songtauws (red pick-up buses).. That's enough incentive for me..

As far as I know nobody has been denied and it seems they dont really care.

Guess you could say you have family or a business contact on the other side.

Just talked to a friend of mine here at work (non-thai) and he said he used his work permit as proof of address with no problems (of course doesn't help if you don't have one), seemed to think it didn't matter also. His reason for needing it was having to go to the airport often from the uni.