Second Hand Laptop

crabstix

I have a friend who has offered to sell me her HP v2000 compaq laptop. She has had it for a little over a year (so warrantee period has expired). It has 12.1 inch screen, processor speed is 1.5GHz (Intel Celeron M), 256 MB DDR SD RAM, 40GB hard drive running XP. She claims she has hardly used it and has never dropped it. She said she paid 40,000 baht for it a little over a year ago.

She is offering it to me for 16,000 baht. Is this a good deal? I want it mainly for surfing the net, typing word docs and watching movies. I am not interested in playing games.

Are you sure it's a 12" screen. My quick search for that model # comes up with 14" and 15.4" versions but l couldn't find a 12" model. Exactly what Celeron model processor does it use? A Celeron M380 for example is now a low end model. It will however be okay for what you want to use it for. To give you an idea on how much prices have come down, yesterday l saw a Fujitsu S2110

13" 1.7kg for sale new. A year ago they were 59,000 baht, now 39,000 baht.

Is this a good deal?

If it's a 12" model, yes, as you don't usually find those below 30,0000 baht

If it has a 14" screen then maybe. Does it come with a CD-RW or CD DVD combo?

If it's a 15.4" model forget it. I saw a HP model similar to that at Commart 15,000 brand new.

Guest RealEstateBroker
I have a friend who has offered to sell me her HP v2000 compaq laptop. She has had it for a little over a year (so warrantee period has expired). It has 12.1 inch screen, processor speed is 1.5GHz (Intel Celeron M), 256 MB DDR SD RAM, 40GB hard drive running XP. She claims she has hardly used it and has never dropped it. She said she paid 40,000 baht for it a little over a year ago.

She is offering it to me for 16,000 baht. Is this a good deal? I want it mainly for surfing the net, typing word docs and watching movies. I am not interested in playing games.

I would go to Pantip and buy a NEW one for about 19,000 baht with a one year warrenty.

Saw the V2000 in Tesco today for 19,900. Sempron 3100, 256RAM 60Gb harddrive CD/DVD combo 14'' widescreen. So unless crabstix tells us it really is a 12.1 screen then it's not cheap when you can buy new for a few thousand baht extra. Doesn't come with Windows though.

I would go to Pantip and buy a NEW one for about 19,000 baht with a one year warrenty.

I have seen brand new laptops for THB 15,000 at Pantip Chiang Mai. This was a brand name machine (Read: real warranty).

Its pretty unbelievable. Your friend has to come down with her price more.

To be honest, I don't understand how these things can be so cheap - must be the miracle of mass production.

Saw the V2000 in Tesco today for 19,900. Sempron 3100, 256RAM 60Gb harddrive CD/DVD combo 14'' widescreen. So unless crabstix tells us it really is a 12.1 screen then it's not cheap when you can buy new for a few thousand baht extra. Doesn't come with Windows though.

Sorry I was mistaken. It is actually 14 inch screen! But is does have a dvd combo.

I think you guys have convinced me to buy a new one. I will feel less worried knowing I have bought something new with a warrantee. Thanks guys!

Hi - I had a member refer me to your post about having a friend with a laptop to sell.

I may be interested if you didn't already buy it from her. I have a v2000 now and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'd like to get a compaq or another brandname... The 1.5 ghz isn't all that great, so, if she'd sell it for less I'll consider it - I think the new one at Tesco is a 1.7 or 1.8ghz for 19,900.

Is it still available? Where are you located? I'm in Surat.

Thanks,

Hi - I had a member refer me to your post about having a friend with a laptop to sell.

I may be interested if you didn't already buy it from her. I have a v2000 now and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'd like to get a compaq or another brandname... The 1.5 ghz isn't all that great, so, if she'd sell it for less I'll consider it - I think the new one at Tesco is a 1.7 or 1.8ghz for 19,900.

Is it still available? Where are you located? I'm in Surat.

Thanks,

I am located in Chiang Rai. My friend is located in Chiang Mai. Let me know if you want anymore info