Fighting With Thai Men......

cosa

I just seen a fight in bangkok between 3 thais and 2 farang...

it was 12pm no alcohol involved....

the thais had iron bars and chairs.....

this is the seond time in 1 week i have seen this with thais and weapons......

the farangs just use fists....

why is it that thai men have to use weapons...... can they not fight fare.......

Or maybe they just use wepons against farang......

the police came but of course did nothing......

I think every farang should be told before they enter thailand dont even think about fighting a thai man.. because he will use wepons and get his friends for help....

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just seen a fight in bangkok between 3 thais and 2 farang...

it was 12pm no alcohol involved....

the thais had iron bars and chairs.....

why is it that thai men have to use weapons...... can they not fight fare.......

Or maybe they just use wepons against farang......

the police came but of course did nothing......

I think every farang should be told before they enter thailand dont even think about fighting a thai man.. because he will use wepons and get his friends for help....

How about not fighting? Maybe that would be even better!

Yes, fighting here is a little different from most Western countries. People do not usually fight just to entertain themselves or to blow of steam. Fighting is often brought about by a loss of face. In general, fighting erupts more 'unexpectedly' than in Western countries and tends to be more vicious.

I would not ever think about getting into a scuffle with a local. They do have the 'home court' advantage.

Another one of them... :o

Has nothing to do with fairness - ironbars and machetes are simply more effective. If you want fairness then better go to the gym.

I sometimes wonder if I live in a different city to other people who seem to find themselves in strange situations or witness such acts regularly.

I never see such things and have no desire to do so. Or, perhaps - just perhaps - many of us normal people have enough savvy not to put ourselves in situations where such things are commonplace.

This kind of behaviour seems to be on the increase, either that or it is being reported more. Don't assume just because it was midday there was no alchohol involved, some people start on the suds as soon as they wake up, epsecially after a heavy night.

Dan Sai Kid had the idea "How about not fighting?" Unfortunately for some mentalities/states of mind this option is just not on the main menu that's why I wouldn't discount the demon drink.

As for your question why do the Thais not fight fair? Maybe they fight to win not for fun. Only three on two? Normally the odds are stacked a bit heavier than that, maybe they were being sporting and giving the farangs a chance.

As for warning the farangs, some people are beyond warnings and help, they just don't listen. "Private Dancer" and "The Damage Done" could be made compulsory reading for farangs coming to Thailand but there will still be those that still get mixed up with bg's and drug running.

I think it's a lot to do with attitude and the modern day western culture of confrontation. Personally I wouldn't worry about it, chances are they deserved what they got one way or another. Surprising ancient william (the old Bill = the police) didn't take them in for a little chat, some rehab and a chance to donate to the police charity.

:o

where does this only Thais like to use weapons theory come from. Go out any where in u.k on a friday or saturday night and their is no shortage of people willing to pick something up to use as a weapon in a fight and plenty more that would rather have their mates back them up than have a fair fight. Its the same the world over.

Edited by Tingnongnoi

I'm voting with the Dan Sai Kid on this one. Why fight? Run away, don't go there in the first place, don't get drunk and start arguing, don't argue with strangers, don't run in the wrong neighborhoods at night, don't try to chat up their girlfriends....gee whiz, isn't this common sense? Have we been reading too many of the wrong books and watching the wrong movies and TV?

Or, is it something about having juvenile mentalities of schoolyard bullies?

Flame this post if you wish; it's just the experienced opinion of a man who hasn't been in a fight in 53 years. And I lost that fight...

The first fight was on ko san road a thai man with a broken bottle and a stick farang ran away...

this fight was with thai men that sell dvds near sukumvit...

these to farangs seemed like tourists first time here dont know how they endend up fighting but there was no alcohol involved for sure......

i have never been in a fight here i just happen to witness some thats all

these farang should walk away thats all .... mai mee pa ha

I'm voting with the Dan Sai Kid on this one. Why fight? Run away, don't go there in the first place, don't get drunk and start arguing, don't argue with strangers, don't run in the wrong neighborhoods at night, don't try to chat up their girlfriends....gee whiz, isn't this common sense? Have we been reading too many of the wrong books and watching the wrong movies and TV?

Or, is it something about having juvenile mentalities of schoolyard bullies?

Flame this post if you wish; it's just the experienced opinion of a man who hasn't been in a fight in 53 years. And I lost that fight...

That should be common sense indeed.

Took me unfortunately a bit longer to learn that lesson. I had my last real fight when i was 20 (and that one i didn't start, for a change), i won it in the physical sense, but the aftermath cost me so much trouble that it simply was not worth it.

Yeps, why fight?

The first fight was on ko san road a thai man with a broken bottle and a stick farang ran away...

this fight was with thai men that sell dvds near sukumvit...

these to farangs seemed like tourists first time here dont know how they endend up fighting but there was no alcohol involved for sure......

i have never been in a fight here i just happen to witness some thats all

these farang should walk away thats all .... mai mee pa ha

some people get angry and want to fight when they get pissed off and some people let it go and just walk away.

There is nothing that we can say or do to change it, which is a shame cause unlike the few sporting bruises these fighters may walk away with back home, a metal bar or broken bottle just isnt going to be as kind.

Good luck to the fighters....They will need it.

ITR :o

I had fight with motorcylce driver after dinking with him Chivas. I thought it was just for fun, but he ( later they) didn't. I got hit from behind with iron rod on the head. I never know head can bleed like that.

Nobody helped, thanks booze, I didn't have a shock and went to apt as m/f/ zombie.

Lady complained about DVD in Pantip and m/f/ threw whole cup of Pepsi on her shirt...

In Pattaya, South area, we were sitting and quitely drinking our whiskey, until 2 idiots came, kicked our table and got really pissed, i wonder why...

My point. thais don't fight fair, they fight to kill. so, to be fair with them, you have too. Or get the *** out of there. Don't expect help, even from other farangs. There's another story, but off-topic

Yes, fighting here is a little different from most Western countries. People do not usually fight just to entertain themselves or to blow of steam. Fighting is often brought about by a loss of face. In general, fighting erupts more 'unexpectedly' than in Western countries and tends to be more vicious.

I would not ever think about getting into a scuffle with a local. They do have the 'home court' advantage.

Scott

Could I ask what Western countries are different and how did you compare this.

People do not usually fight just to entertain themselves or blow of steam, are you meaning Thai's.

I tend to disagree about the fighting erupts more unexpectedly part.

C-sip

They fight viciously amongst themselves too. There was a lad stabbed to death in my Northern village last year and my wife's nephew was hospitalised after being beaten by what he claimed was "ten" men.

Again these kind of fights happen all over the world, why the them and us mentality that it is only Thais that do this?

Even before I was a pacifist, I never understood about this "fighting fair" business. It's not even good grammar ('fighting fairly' is better). Why not kick the guy in the crotch, gauge out his eye, stick a knife in his heart? Why just punch him in the face? Why not go kill his entire family, or commit genocide while you're at it? He conned you out of two baht, so you're supposed to go get yourself all banged up, 85,000 of maxiofacillary surgery and ten stitches for life-time scars? That's stupid.

And when you're in a foreign country, don't speak the language, don't know the neighborhoods, can't even understand the body language - do you still want to play Rambo? It's a movie; there is no Rambo.

Even before I was a pacifist, I never understood about this "fighting fair" business.

Fair is a ring sport.

Two equally matched opponents, trained well, a set of rules and regulations, and a referee that enforces those.

exactly and if the fight is anywhere outside of that then forget about fair, it's fight to win and thats anywhere not just against Thai's

Even before I was a pacifist, I never understood about this "fighting fair" business.

Fair is a ring sport.

Two equally matched opponents, trained well, a set of rules and regulations, and a referee that enforces those.

Thanks, ColPyat. That doesn't resemble arguing with a street vendor in Patpong over the price of "Sex CD's?"

Those Thai guys should just be lucky not to have met Rambo and Nam . . . especially as nam tries to justify his going out and looking for trouble . . .

Make a sentence using the following word:

Loser

So much aggro . . . nver been in a situation like that . . . ever. ######, I spend too much time with my family.

They fight viciously amongst themselves too. There was a lad stabbed to death in my Northern village last year and my wife's nephew was hospitalised after being beaten by what he claimed was "ten" men.

Sceadugenga

This is sad to here.

And it was a shame it had to end Like it did.

But how long where the alarms going off in the village about this dispute between them, could the Elders helped out early in this invent, i've seen and had to deal with my share also. But I have never heard of a spontaneous event.

There must of been a boundary crossed previously and this has been smoldering between the boys,

they fuel there friends with lie's, strengthen by alcohol and brotherhood then act like moron's would sound more like the normal.

C-sip

Fair is a ring sport.

Thanks, ColPyat. That doesn't resemble arguing with a street vendor in Patpong over the price of "Sex CD's?"

I have a few friends (sort of...) i refuse to go out with. They are exactly the type that when drunk get into those kind of fights, and when beaten to a pulp complain that Thais don't fight fair. I would hate to be drawn into a fight friends have caused by being stupid tossers.

Fair is a ring sport.

Exactly, they are probably arguing over a couple of hundred baht and now their hospital bills will cost them thousands.. bright very bright.

As another poster said, this gang style mentality is found the world over. If somebody gets into a fight and the other person's friends are in the area, the first guy may receive a good beating. I'm not surprised that weapons were involved. We westerners tend to be more up front and confrontational, and I think this can actually reduce the chances of a fight breaking out as we're quick to resolve conflicts by going directly to the source. Here in Thailand, the parties involved may simply sit and brood over a long period of time then suddenly snap someday.