Girl died saving her sister in motorbike crash

rooster59

What I can't stand is the 'dressing up' of the death 'died saving her sister' is hyperbole and nonsense designed to elicit some sort of 'it was divine intervention' to deflect from their STUPIDITY on a 350 kilo journey. In any civilized country the parents would be jailed for neglect.

The sister fell to the ground first and her body stopped her sister dying and if anyone thinks the girl thought 'oh we are going to crash I'll roll my body round to say my sister' then they are naive and/or ignorant. Neglect plain and simple.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

It is really sad. Brave Big sister giving her life for the younger one. RIP God Bless her soul.

Hope standard and educated way of life improves in Thailand. 5 on a motorbike is really no way to travel especially for young children. 

Sorry to be pedantic, but there were 6 on the motorbike! Tragic story, but does the mother really think it's OK to carry the entire family on a bike, and I hazard to guess without a helmet between them? RIP brave girl, your mum's stupidity ended your life before it began..

I oversee a lot of comments of this and related similar accidents. Almost every body are wrong. The bigger part of population of Thailand are living in poverty. They no have money to buy bus ticket for six persons, the cheapest way of travelling with motorcycle, or a pick up car, packed in front and back spaces full of passangers.

15 minutes ago, bogozy said:

I oversee a lot of comments of this and related similar accidents. Almost every body are wrong. The bigger part of population of Thailand are living in poverty. They no have money to buy bus ticket for six persons, the cheapest way of travelling with motorcycle, or a pick up car, packed in front and back spaces full of passangers.

How you you know about the fiances of this Family ?

Bus fares are cheap in Thailand .

Was this journey really necessary for them?

Its a long dangerous journey for six people on a bike at night .

They should not have gone

Where the accident happened is 150 km from Ayutthaya, final destination is 280 km.
Probably been driving for around 3 1/2 hours, with 5 children on the bike !, sheer madness.
Unfortunately the mother is the only one to blame for this tragedy.

RIP Penpicha, and condolences to family and friends.

I blame the police and government for accidents like this 5 people on a motorcycle and no crash helmets . Why do they allow this to happen , Thailand will keep having one of the worst records for road accidents, until the police enforce the law and make people wear crash helmets . It seems to me that people don't care about trying to save lives 

Dont understand why they ban motorbikes with sidecars and yet they turn a blind eye to people that ride like this all over town. The sidecar if a proper one at least affords some protection but are banned .They even allow these steel framed crates to be driven around,bolted to the side of motorbikes under the pretext that they are commercial vehicles and therefore necessary to making a living but I see all the time one or more of the family just sitting up on the side of the frame,.Sorry,but this sort of logic just completely baffles me !!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Not so much an investigation as the useless English language press making a deplorably bad tasting song sahn story out of an otherwise inevitable but avoidable motorcycle accident. Making the daughter who died out as some sort of heroine versus the stark reality that this government, like successive governments before them, don't give a sh!t about what the plebs are doing and how they're getting by. The perpetual casual dismissal of the lamentable shortcomings of the blighted RTP and the effect it has on the lives of most people speaks volumes.

Whilst undoubtedly a tragedy.... you nailed it.

there is no heroism here.... just stupidity leading to yet another death, during a daily lesson of stupid acts that will lead to yet more deaths.

the whole incident, including government non intervention in road safety ( well... etc etc), is so very very sad

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

snapped close to where I live

59ab6e5310476__DSC0177(Large).jpg.f3111d57bbd6b505225ba589df3fae55.jpg

notice how only Mom's and Dad's brains are worthy of any protection

The helmets are only there to prevent them from being sued should they have an accident - They would be charged with damaging public property. The helmet prevents any damage to the concrete and asphalt.

37 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

Dont understand why they ban motorbikes with sidecars and yet they turn a blind eye to people that ride like this all over town. The sidecar if a proper one at least affords some protection but are banned .They even allow these steel framed crates to be driven around,bolted to the side of motorbikes under the pretext that they are commercial vehicles and therefore necessary to making a living but I see all the time one or more of the family just sitting up on the side of the frame,.Sorry,but this sort of logic just completely baffles me !!!!!!!!

And, if these motor bikes with side-cars happen to have a rear light, it is just the one on the driver's side.

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

snapped close to where I live

59ab6e5310476__DSC0177(Large).jpg.f3111d57bbd6b505225ba589df3fae55.jpg

notice how only Mom's and Dad's brains are worthy of any protection

That's not for protection. It' s for avoiding a fine. How many times haven't we seen young students driving alone home from school with no helmets? Must be lack of learning at school.

Sad story. It's hard to understand how anyone can doze off riding a motorbike with 5 kids on it. The kids usually go first. I have seen they fall off a motorbike, but the driver? Well done.

Edited by thaibreaker

1 hour ago, hobobo said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but there were 6 on the motorbike! Tragic story, but does the mother really think it's OK to carry the entire family on a bike, and I hazard to guess without a helmet between them? RIP brave girl, your mum's stupidity ended your life before it began..

Sorry to be pedantic, but there was one adult and 5 juveniles on the motorbike. They had no choice but to accompany the mother. The girl wasn't really brave - she just happened to be the main victim, sadly. The baby was probably cushioned by her fall. Very sad too because if the mother wasn't driving at night - the most dangerous time to drive, with tiredness, bad driving attitudes from others, speeding in darkness - sometimes with no lights, brakes or safe tyre treads and animals on the road.

If the mother truly had an argument before starting her 350Km journey in darkness, then it is also likely she would have been mulling this over in her mind and not concentrating on her driving.....'ability'. 

What a BS heading...should read mother kills daughter...

sister saves sister? How? Her future dead body is flung to ground to buffer the infant from hitting first..it is called luck and physics....

another example of pointing out a lack of accountability and trying to deflect the cause to a BS headline with a positive spin....call a spade a spade....talk about fake news....

winkie....you forgot to add the cost of tea in China...

Edited by cardinalblue

7 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

It is really sad. Brave Big sister giving her life for the younger one. RIP God Bless her soul.

Hope standard and educated way of life improves in Thailand. 5 on a motorbike is really no way to travel especially for young children. 

motor bikes are designed for TWO ....NOT five people/persons....they deserve what they got

25 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but there was one adult and 5 juveniles on the motorbike. They had no choice but to accompany the mother. The girl wasn't really brave - she just happened to be the main victim, sadly. The baby was probably cushioned by her fall. Very sad too because if the mother wasn't driving at night - the most dangerous time to drive, with tiredness, bad driving attitudes from others, speeding in darkness - sometimes with no lights, brakes or safe tyre treads and animals on the road.

If the mother truly had an argument before starting her 350Km journey in darkness, then it is also likely she would have been mulling this over in her mind and not concentrating on her driving.....'ability'. 

Your point being? How do you know that they had no choice but to accompany the mother? Did the mother tell you so? Are you sure that there were no relatives, neighbours or friends that she could leave some, or all the children with?

Just now, garbolino said:

motor bikes are designed for TWO ....NOT five people/persons....they deserve what they got

Thats extremely harsh on the deceased Daughter and baby .

They were doing what they were told to do .

They had no choice .

Even the Mother did wrong, but a death isnt deserved

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So not only were there 6 people on the bike, but it sounds as though none of the children were wearing a helmet. While I appreciate that the mother will be grieving, she really should face criminal charges, as the tragic and avoidable death of Penchipa stems from her reckless actions. Leniency will result in similar tragedies unfolding until the safety message starts to sink in.

Unfortunately this will happen again and again, it's not that the message doesn't get across, it's the fact that the only way they could all afford to travel was the way they did... as many do on a daily basis, especially on school runs.

They are willing to gamble their lives every day just to save a few baht... even the price of a helmet is too much for most.

The youngster may have survived if she had a helmet on.. now her mother must relive her actions for the rest of her life!

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Your compassion overwhelms me. 

Well, maybe I was being a little harsh, but really, though, who would jump on a little motorbike with their kids and babies in the middle of the night and ride for hours, and then turn around and ride back? Surely it must have crossed her mind that this was an incredibly perilous undertaking, as she would need to negotiate roads in poor light with heavy vehicles flying around her. Surely she could have gone to another friend or relative's place instead of subjecting her kids to this ordeal. You could excuse her for being desperate, but she put her own interests first ahead of the kids. Sorry, but I find that deplorable, no matter the circumstances.