Waterford

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So I'm confused then. Because you were talking about most of the units being laid out as large studio units. And Jean was saying he/she rented a 120 sq mt unit for 11K, and I'm presuming 120 sq mt. isn't a studio.

You can see how the units are laid out by looking at the balconies on the side of the building. I think there are some larger units on the top floors. But most of the units are studios.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to make sure that everyone knows about which building i am talking i mention its name again 'Morning Dew Condominium'.

It has 8 floors, indoor small swimming pool great for some kids or having a dip when it is hot. :)

Most units are like a studio 40m2. Bigger ones are made from multiple studio units. I have seen 1,2,3,4 bedroom variations. The one i rented was number 305-307 (3 units). Large living room and four bedrooms, three bathrooms.

Going price 2 years ago was 1.3-1.5 Mb per unit. Combined units a bit cheaper.

Rental prices were 7000 baht including simple furniture. The one i rented for 11.000 was unfurnished. When i left the new tenant paid i think 12500.

I just mentioned this Morning Dew condo because you walk passed it easily, the building is not anything special. I saw it after i inspected four different condo's in Waterford. I didn't like any of them as they were mostly long and narrow.

Accessing the swimming pool requires you to go through the parking garage. With small kids i did not want to do that. Even with a condo on the 2nd floor which had view over the swimmingpool would mean that the kids were out of sight through a pretty scary and dark garage.

Also the ones available were on the wrong side (west) of the building which means a lot more use of airconditioning is required.

My wife also not felt comfortable walking the distance between 7-11/Tesco Lotus Express and Waterford. Especially the part before the bridge is dark and she heard to many stories about robberies and even raped that happened there. The distance to Mornign Dew is shorter and more bright/lively.

Edited by Khun Jean

18 minutes ago, Khun Jean said:

Just to make sure that everyone knows about which building i am talking i mention its name again 'Morning Dew Condominium'.

It has 8 floors, indoor small swimming pool great for some kids or having a dip when it is hot. :)

Most units are like a studio 40m2. Bigger ones are made from multiple studio units. I have seen 1,2,3,4 bedroom variations. The one i rented was number 305-307 (3 units). Large living room and four bedrooms, three bathrooms.

Going price 2 years ago was 1.3-1.5 Mb per unit. Combined units a bit cheaper.

Rental prices were 7000 baht including simple furniture. The one i rented for 11.000 was unfurnished. When i left the new tenant paid i think 12500.

I just mentioned this Morning Dew condo because you walk passed it easily, the building is not anything special. I saw it after i inspected four different condo's in Waterford. I didn't like any of them as they were mostly long and narrow.

Accessing the swimming pool requires you to go through the parking garage. With small kids i did not want to do that. Even with a condo on the 2nd floor which had view over the swimmingpool would mean that the kids were out of sight through a pretty scary and dark garage.

Also the ones available were on the wrong side (west) of the building which means a lot more use of airconditioning is required.

My wife also not felt comfortable walking the distance between 7-11/Tesco Lotus Express and Waterford. Especially the part before the bridge is dark and she heard to many stories about robberies and even raped that happened there. The distance to Mornign Dew is shorter and more bright/lively.

The 1-bedroom unit (not studio) of 42 sqm in Waterford which I bought for Bt1.55m in 2007 has been rented out for the last 9 years at Bt15k a month. I stayed there for almost a year after refurbishment.

Refurbishment cost - Bt200k

1 hour ago, Khun Jean said:

My wife also not felt comfortable walking the distance between 7-11/Tesco Lotus Express and Waterford. Especially the part before the bridge is dark and she heard to many stories about robberies and even raped that happened there.

Crikey. And some say that Pattaya is a dive.