Codeine without Rx where?

taiwanatoa

It's way easier to get morphine sulfate ( if you really suffer from severe pain) from a government hospital than codeine. It's high on top of the red list and people who'd sell it to you take a great risk.

Edited by jenny2017

You cannot legally get this without a prescription in Thailand...and only from a hospital pharmacy. It is available only in combo with paracetemol or in very low doses as part of cough syrup.

It is sold OTC in Cambodia (in combo with paracetemol) but then to bring it into Thailand legally you need an FDA permit which requires a doctor's prescription so between that and the travel costs, probably just as easy to get it from a hospital in Thailand.

I find that codeine is the most effective relief for moderate pain, but I've developed a *strategy* for getting it.  If I have a severe sore throat and want codeine relief (cough syrup with codeine is heavenly) I do NOT ask for codeine and more often than not, I get some codeine concoction.  However if I ask the doctor for codeine I usually get something else.  i.e. If I ask for it I don't get it.  If I don't ask for it, I'll usually get it.  They must thing this semi-elderly guy is addicted and faking ailments?