Trump to scrap protection for 'Dreamers,' give Congress six months to fix

webfact

3 minutes ago, Credo said:

I have friends who live in a state bordering Mexico.   They are very anti-immigrants and strong supporters of Trump, but that's changing.   

A lot of these young Dreamers work, at least part time, at the local restaurants and fast food chains.   As they have moved on, their jobs have been taken over by 'true Americans', who can't take an order, can't clean, can't really do much of anything.   

Not just that, virtually every Republican Senator or Representative who represents a border state is against building the Wall.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the most cruel and gutless decisions in US history.

Trump said, "I do not favour punishing children, most of whom are now adults, for the actions of their parents. But we must also recognize that we are (a) nation of opportunity because we are a nation of laws", but did not even have the courage to stand up and speak the words himself. Coward!

I have said it before and (unfortunately) it needs to be said again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything he touches.

You have totally misunderstood me. Someone posted a remark about "America". Are you so vain that you do not
understand that "America" is more than the disunited states. There is a north and south.  And other countries that are part of "America"  As to who is in control of any country, state, city or whatever, they like your current "leader" in "America",have lost the meaning of democracy... Just saying...

555. Vain? I never refer to the US as America. Only Americans (and Brits) refer to the US as America.

And I'm not American.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

It most certainly is a failure of public education not to have the understanding that DACA is wholly unconstitutional.

It was an illegal executive action intended to expand the Democrat base.

Funny that the Administration didn't send that 'clearly unconstitutional' order to the Supreme Court.

Technically legal decision but sets the Republican party up for another pre-election issue that will likely serve as a litmus test on their re-election, which is something they don't need. 

Cowardly approach, however. Sending Sessions out there to deliver the blow and giving it a 6 month timeline.

51 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

This is one of the most cruel and gutless decisions in US history.

Trump said, "I do not favour punishing children, most of whom are now adults, for the actions of their parents. But we must also recognize that we are (a) nation of opportunity because we are a nation of laws", but did not even have the courage to stand up and speak the words himself. Coward!

I have said it before and (unfortunately) it needs to be said again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything he touches.

I wonder what it would be like if everyone stopped reading/listening to anything past, "45 said"? He is a pathological liar so I don't listen to him - EVER. I don't even like seeing his picture. He is diminishing America in every imaginable. He only want to RULE vie dictatorship. WARNING!!!

On 9/4/2017 at 2:50 PM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Most DACA recipients arriv d as innocent kids and many cannot be reasonably deported, no language skills, no connections, etc. They should be given amnesties but their parents and others guilty of smuggling them in MUST be punished.

Stripped of any citizenship and deported or jailed and fined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly the opinion of others who have never embraced fatherhood or motherhood and fails to recognize that tearing otherwise happy and productive families apart is a guaranteed vote getter.

55 minutes ago, RobFord said:

Wrong.

Well then, how can you possibly say that it's only Brits and Americans who call the USA America?

Of course, in fact, it's not only Brits, Americans, and Thais who use that but most of the world. It may not be legally accurate, it may not be fair, but that's the way it is.

Well then, how can you possibly say that it's only Brits and Americans who call the USA America?
Of course, in fact, it's not only Brits, Americans, and Thais who use that but most of the world. It may not be legally accurate, it may not be fair, but that's the way it is.

I suggest you go back and slowly read all of the previous posts.

I could care less if Americans call the US America.

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

It most certainly is a failure of public education not to have the understanding that DACA is wholly unconstitutional.

It was an illegal executive action intended to expand the Democrat base.

Don't get too smug there buddy. Hours after ex-presidents Clinton and Obama went after him Trump has done a back flip. If congress doesn't act to protect dreamers after 6 months he will. Didn't take the draft dodger long to wimp out.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUMP_IMMIGRATION_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-09-05-21-03-43

31 minutes ago, RobFord said:

I suggest you go back and slowly read all of the previous posts.

I could care less if Americans call the US America.

I think most Americans if asked where they are from will say the U.S. But Thais don't understand that, so switching to America is necessary if you want to communicate here. 

The main people that have a bug up their arse about the USA being called America are Latin American nationals and sometimes Canadians (with a pretty good reason) and obsessive anti-Americans (usually Europeans). 

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think most Americans if asked where they are from will say the U.S. But Thais don't understand that, so switching to America is necessary if you want to communicate here. 

The main people that have a bug up their arse about the USA being called America are Latin American nationals and sometimes Canadians (with a pretty good reason) and obsessive anti-Americans (usually Europeans). 

Never heard it be an issue in Canada.

Possibly the opinion of others who have never embraced fatherhood or motherhood and fails to recognize that tearing otherwise happy and productive families apart is a guaranteed vote getter.

Every rational country says the same thing. Follow some simple rules and procedures, don't break the law, and pay taxes. Otherwise you are welcome to please collect your dependents and keep them together in your own country.

Giving illegal alien cheats and liars a pass is especially unfair to those who apply to enter the US legally, often waiting for years for family visas.

DACA has little to do with compassion anyway. Just padding the voting rolls with more people who support the Democratic Party big government social wefare agenda.

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Every rational country says the same thing. Follow some simple rules and procedures, don't break the law, and pay yout taxes. Otherwise you are welcome to please collect dependents and keep them together in your own country. Giving illegal alien cheats and liars a pass is especially unfair to those who apply to enter the US legally, often waiting for years for family visas.

DACA has little to do with compassion anyway? Just padding the Voting roles with more people who support the Democratic Party big government social wefare agenda.

They can vote?

4 minutes ago, pegman said:

Never heard it be an issue in Canada.

OK. Good. I think I have but if you're an American traveling in South America, it's only polite to learn how the people there prefer that you describe your nationality. I have definitely encountered sensitivity there about USA people calling themselves Americans or from America. 

Edited by Jingthing

So your lack of emotional investment in the issue means that your error should go unchallenged?

So that you'll realize your errors, I've found this, but only because it's you.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/06/what-does-american-actually-mean/276999/

And just so you know. Canadians refer to Americans as Americans. We do not refer to the United States of America as America. We refer to it as the US or simply the states. Not because we have a problem with Americans referring to the US as America, but because it's simple and easy. As in " I'm going to the states for the weekend", or "he's in the US right now".

On the other hand Latin and South Americans typically can't stand Americans calling the USA, America. If you go back and slowly read the previous post I was responding to you'll find that this was one of those people. Others simply recognize that America encompasses both North and South American continents and don't use. People (such as Thais) who learn English from Americans or Brits will use America for USA.

Sincerely,

Your friend, RobFord.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:45 PM, selftaopath said:

Yea and will undoubtedly lead to resentment/hatred extending past pathetic 45 to America at large. 45 assists ISIS recruitment. He has no redeeming qualities.... NONE. The Liar in chief is destroying democracy/America.

democracy based on laws. With out laws no democracy

" The United States Cannot Be Trusted

Dreamers and transgender troops took the government at its word. Both groups got betrayed: encouraged to provide sensitive information to a government that may now use that information against them. This duplicity is plainly unfair—so radically unfair, in fact, that it may cross a constitutional line."

14 hours ago, RobFord said:

So that you'll realize your errors, I've found this, but only because it's you.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/06/what-does-american-actually-mean/276999/

And just so you know. Canadians refer to Americans as Americans. We do not refer to the United States of America as America. We refer to it as the US or simply the states. Not because we have a problem with Americans referring to the US as America, but because it's simple and easy. As in " I'm going to the states for the weekend", or "he's in the US right now".

On the other hand Latin and South Americans typically can't stand Americans calling the USA, America. If you go back and slowly read the previous post I was responding to you'll find that this was one of those people. Others simply recognize that America encompasses both North and South American continents and don't use. People (such as Thais) who learn English from Americans or Brits will use America for USA.

Sincerely,

Your friend, RobFord.

Spot on. Very impressive observation from a dead crack head, 555.