30 day extension of RETIREMENT VISA

Do I need all the paperwork that is required for the retirement visa for a 30 day  extension?  I want to get a 30 day extension in order to do my income statement in Pattaya. I googled and looked here but don't see the answer to my question.

Thanks in advance to all.

First of all there is no such thing as a retirement visa, and a VISA cannot be extended.

I believe you can extend your permission to stay on the grounds of retirement but that

is not a visa or visa extension.

I also believe you must have either a 90 day non O visa or a long stay non O-A visa before

you can apply for an extension of your permission to stay on the grounds of retirement, so

without having the necessary information it is difficult to give you any advice on what you

need to do.

As far as I am aware an extension of your permission to stay on the grounds of retirement

can only be issued for a period of one year, not 30 days, but i could be wrong on that?

Edited by phuketjock
addition
  • Haha 1

I assume you are on a extension of stay based upon retirement not a visa.

You cannot get a 30 day extension. 

If you are writing about getting proof of income from your embassy you will need to do it in Bangkok instead of Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jt936 said:

No, you can get the income statement in Pattaya. See the link below.

https://th.usembassy.gov/consular-outreach-pattaya-030317/

I am aware you can get an income affidavit at the outreach.

But to get it sooner than Wednesday, November 1, 2017 when the next outreach in Pattaya is scheduled you will have to make a trip to the embassy in Bangkok.

You could get it by doing an easy day trip to Bangkok. 

You apparently missed the outreach that was done in July. You could gotten the affidavit then since immigration will accept an affidavit that is up to 6 months old.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am aware you can get an income affidavit at the outreach.

But to get it sooner than Wednesday, November 1, 2017 when the next outreach in Pattaya is scheduled you will have to make a trip to the embassy in Bangkok.

You could get it by doing an easy day trip to Bangkok. 

You apparently missed the outreach that was done in July. You could gotten the affidavit then since immigration will accept an affidavit that is up to 6 months old.

I know that. Why didn't ya say so before? But I went to immigration and inquired. They  told me "It cannot be more than one month old." I implied that I read online that it was good for 6 months. She got nasty  with me then. So, what a ya gonna do?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jt936 said:

But I went to immigration and inquired. They  told me "It cannot be more than one month old." I implied that I read online that it was good for 6 months.

I can assure you that people are using them that are older than 30 days at Jomtien immigration.

You could print out this directive from immigration to show them. Immigration directive for income letters.pdf

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jt936 said:

I don't go to Jomtien immigration. But thanks for the letter.

I assume Jomtien since you mentioned the outreach in Pattaya.

Which immigration office told you 30 days? A far as I know from post I have seen there is only one office saying 30 days.

I used one the that was over 2 months old when I applied for my extension last month at immigration here. Since they came out with the directive I have used them as old as 4 months.

• Thanks 1

I rather not say which one, but I did get an extension of 60 days on my Non-m B when I changed it over to a family visa. It doesn't matter now about the income affidavit as I did not go to Pats in July, because of what I had been told. I will give it a go anyway and see if they will give me an temporary extension. If not. well, muscle memory can do the run to Bkk.

Thanks. You are always a good source.

1 hour ago, jt936 said:

I will give it a go anyway and see if they will give me an temporary extension

Assuming you do not have a wife or child to take with you to ask for a 60-day extensions, the best you can expect is 7 days to leave the country. Immigration are not authorized to invent extension categories that do not exist. However, it is up to you.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jt936 said:

I rather not say which one, but I did get an extension of 60 days on my Non-m B when I changed it over to a family visa. It doesn't matter now about the income affidavit as I did not go to Pats in July, because of what I had been told. I will give it a go anyway and see if they will give me an temporary extension. If not. well, muscle memory can do the run to Bkk.

Thanks. You are always a good source.

It seems you have already gotten the only extension you can get. You can only apply for one 60 day extension to visit your Thai family per entry. Now you can only get a the one year extension. If you apply for an extension they will deny it and give you 7 days to leave the country after you pay the 1900 baht fee for it.

Best to make an appointment at the embassy to get your income affidavit there. See: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/income-affidavit/

Before people post queries regarding anything about the process of obtaining any service via a Thai Immigration office, they should fill in a prepared box showing,

nationality

age of applicant

type of extension

office they intend using

+ any other relevant factors

Sometimes posters only hear what they want to hear and the best attempts of others to assist is wasted upon them.

Bottom line is, you will have to do what your local office says, regardless of your thoughts. Unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

not sure of your embassy but UK only accepts  applications by post or e mail

as a side point they only accept uk DEBIT CARDS not thai  BUT MOST CREDIT CARDS  seem ok

That's because they take the payment for the income letter in GBP, not THB. If you use a Credit Card you will get an even worse exchange rate than it is now.

But apply for a UK Visa, they take it in USD !

Edited by wgdanson