10 noisy days ahead on Jomtien Beach

rick44

Better bring industrial strength noise protection if you plan on staying around Jomtien Second Road/Soi 5 the coming 10 days. Unless City Hall decides to act...

Yes, it is the spot that was supposed to house "Ocean 1 Tower". The land has been sold.

More info, video and pictures (in English for sure, despite the Scandinavian environment): "Thailand's tallest" became noisy bazaar without a permit

JSR6_70.jpg

Edited by rick44
typo

It is totally insane and unacceptable!  What could the police/city be thinking to allow them to bring that horrific carnival Karaoke show to that location.  They are pissing off everybody at hotels and condos in the area.  IT IS LOUD !  The number to call to report and complain about loud noise is 1337.

1 hour ago, moonseeker said:

The  same circus regularly on the Excite lot

Its ironic that the site that had a Disco ( Excite) was quieter with the disco than without it..strange that it has sat empty for years must be worth absolute fortune   :shock1:

I noticed another carnival /fun fair set up on the vacant lot ( that's also been sitting idle for a couple of years) on 3rd road just before the fly over going to Bali Hai   this is also surrounded by  big apartment blocks and Hotels !

Unfortunately the authorities of Pattaya / Jomtien

do not care a toss about there ex pat community.

who school there children,  pay there tax, buy there cars and trucks.

spend a  million plus baht a year here,  the list is very long.

All Pattaya wants is the two week tourist and all the money in his/hers pocket before he/she  goes to the airport.

Sorry to say they care not about us and even less about the noise pollution that is off the scale in this town.

Amazing Pattaya / Jomtien.

Edited by stanleycoin

1 minute ago, stanleycoin said:

A 1000 apologies to the pernickety of Tv

yes jomtien is governed by pattaya as its still one city :coffee1:

I was referring to your contention that the authorities of EITHER community don't give a hoot about 'there expat community' and I was simply suggesting the self-important 'expat community' you speak of consists of you and your mate.

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hilarious. I almost bought a condo near there. Dodged another bullet. 

Moi, aussi.  I was thisclose to buying a unit in View Talay Residence 3 -- literally next door!

On an unrelated but similar problem that was affecting a friend I think I discovered a procedure to follow that actually works.

Yes, you can call 1337 but as far as I can see they just pass the complaint on to the police (who do nothing) and, above all, 1337 doesn't seem to make any sort of note or report about complaints to their superiors at City Hall. So there is no follow-up.

So what I found was that to complain effectively you need to go in person to an office called (something like) the department of public health. It can be found at City Hall, on the third floor in the rear building nearest to the car park. It is not very easy to find as the place is a sort of open-plan rabbit warren. The staff in that office speak some English and are helpful and, above all, they actually do something about complaints received. You will make a written complaint in English, describing the noise (dates and times are helpful) and you will include the address/location of where the noise comes from, and draw a sketch map. Obviously if you can be accompanied by a Thai speaker who doesnt mind complaining then all the better.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

On an unrelated but similar problem that was affecting a friend I think I discovered a procedure to follow that actually works.

Yes, you can call 1337 but as far as I can see they just pass the complaint on to the police (who do nothing) and, above all, 1337 doesn't seem to make any sort of note or report about complaints to their superiors at City Hall. So there is no follow-up.

So what I found was that to complain effectively you need to go in person to an office called (something like) the department of public health. It can be found at City Hall, on the third floor in the rear building nearest to the car park. It is not very easy to find as the place is a sort of open-plan rabbit warren. The staff in that office speak some English and are helpful and, above all, they actually do something about complaints received. You will make a written complaint in English, describing the noise (dates and times are helpful) and you will include the address/location of where the noise comes from, and draw a sketch map. Obviously if you can be accompanied by a Thai speaker who doesnt mind complaining then all the better.

What you are describing here is the general complaint, it is the same form regardles of department. The odds are that very little will happen if you just fill one out and then go on vacation. You need to follow up... at least that's my experience.