Induction Hob diffuser Plate

tonray

Ok...so I succumbed to the siren song of new cooking technology. I bought a Phillips Induction Hob but I am finding that the hotspot under my pans is quite small compared to the outline on the glass and any food left in the vicinity of that circular hotspot gets burned quickly

So I am looking for a heat diffuser plate that can be used with an Induction cooker. Not so much to use with non induction capable pans but more to mediate the hotspot and give me a more even pan heating.

Any help appreciated. I checked at The Mall dept store and they gave me the usual puzzled looks while trying to sell me another Hob even whilst showing them a clear picture of what I was after.

induction-converter-disk-heat-diffuser-p

I'm not sure I 100% understand the issue, but I ended up buying a different frying pan with a very heavy steel bottom that spreads the heat quite well.  The pan itself is Teflon coated aluminum, but it has a 1/4" -3/8" steel plate fused to the bottom.  Pretty sure it came from BigC or TESCO and wasn't stupidly expensive- though not cheap.

The thin metal stainless pot that came with the induction unit is mostly good for boiling water.  It burns most everything else.

They sell red clay diffuser plates here for those small charcoal grills that they use. I am not sure where you even can get them but I see them all over so they must not be hard to find. I am not sure if you would be interested in something like that or not to give a try. I believe they are called "Tao Charcoal Burners" and they come in a few sizes. Here is a picture of the diffuser, I am not sure if you can buy it separately or not. Other than that I would say good luck in finding one in Thailand, maybe Ebay or Amazon or your home country.

Thai Style Clay Grill.jpg

Archived