Importing a Thai Product Back To Thailand

I had a package of some small electronic components, guitar strings and an effects pedal sent to me from the US. For some reason Thai customs is breaking my you know whats about this. I live in Khao Lak so Bangkok customs sent the package to Phuket. The most expensive thing in the box is a reverb pedal that I bought used for $75 from a friend. The price in Thailand new is around 5000 baht. The thing is the unit is made in Thailand. It is clearly stamped on the outside. To the best of my knowledge there is no import duty on an item that is brought back into the country of manufacture. There might be VAT but not import tariff. Does anyone know if this is correct and how I can prove it to customs? Thanks

On 05/09/2017 at 7:00 PM, Gtto said:

...there is no import duty on an item that is brought back into the country of manufacture.

If you have previously filled out and submitted the required documents for a temporary export and re-import.

If you didn't do this, it's time to pay.

Whether or not an item is permanently stamped "Made in Thailand" is immaterial to whether or not it attracts import duty or VAT when landed. There may be exemptions but Thai customs doesn't care about the law once they have you in their sights anyway you have no choice but to pay.