What's wrong in this photo ?

Daffy D

Theres no pickup - 1/upside down ,  2/billowing smoke  , 3/having a "rage" moment.  OK , i dont know.     Could / should the first yellow sign say its a main / mojor road joining from the right.

Edited by ktm jeff
Added some info

4 lanes straight on, over the Bridge towards Bangkok. 

1 lane left towards Nakhon Ratchasima.

The only issue I see is that the drivers entering the main highway from the left and wishing to head straight on over the bridge toward Bangkok have little space and a very poor line of sight to enter the highway. 

(this entry from the left would appear to be a recently built U-turn under the bridge over which the 'camera vehicle' as just passed). 

As usual, shoddy and careless road planning creates a potential for accidents... other than that, this is pretty much on par with regular shoddy road planning...

(Not sub-par, as that would be better in golfing terms, so perhaps 'over par' !!!)

Edited by richard_smith237

Perhaps not the best Camera angle, but the yellow sign on the left is for the slip road and the second yellow sigh is for the main road. Both yellow sighns idicate that their road has priority :shock1:

Yes it's the Saraburi bypass road at the junction with Robinson.

Yet another example of bad road planning. They spent money on building two bridges side by side when one is all that's needed and the money saved could have been used for a right turn slip road to Saraburi town.

As it is, to turn right into Saraburi you need to go over the bridge and do a U-turn further down the road.

Erm! No car was stopped for the taking of this photo, just a clip from Dash Cam. OK! swung a little close to the barrier but no traffic so no problem. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Can i claim my prize. I said the first yellow sign could/should say its a main/major road joining from the right - although i miss-spelt major. I wouldnt have noticed this when driving. 

Yes indeed you win first prize for observation :clap2: 

Unfortunately you have been disqualified for incorrect use of spellcheck :sad:

:whistling:

Unfortunately recognizing the location was not in the original mandate and given the number of road signs with not only place names but road numbers, the committee feels that your observation, while impressive, does not qualify for a prize at this time.

The committee trusts that this decision does not discourage you from participating in any future events.

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

Unfortunately recognizing the location was not in the original mandate and given the number of road signs with not only place names but road numbers, the committee feels that your observation, while impressive, does not qualify for a prize at this time.

The committee trusts that this decision does not discourage you from participating in any future events.

not even a consolation prize - there will be a stewards enquiry to follow.

The priority bit must be in the Thai language. I do not get anything about priority from the signs. They are simply warning or information signs.  One says traffic merges from the left the other says traffic merges from the right. 

If there is any priority indicated it is only a warning and not mandatory.  I also understand that I can get to Bangkok by using either bridge so do not see why anyone on the left would cross over to the right.

I just bumble along with everyone else here.  

Edited by VocalNeal

Nothing wrong with the yellow triangles.

First is warning drivers on frontage road to look out for trucks speeding in from right, and second is warning drivers on main road to look out for mercedes speeding in from frontage road. All drivers going straight on have priority.

And the text beneath says 'This is Thailand - you can ignore these signs'...

On 9/7/2017 at 8:58 AM, Daffy D said:

Perhaps not the best Camera angle, but the yellow sign on the left is for the slip road and the second yellow sigh is for the main road. Both yellow sighns idicate that their road has priority :shock1:

Yes it's the Saraburi bypass road at the junction with Robinson.

Yet another example of bad road planning. They spent money on building two bridges side by side when one is all that's needed and the money saved could have been used for a right turn slip road to Saraburi town.

As it is, to turn right into Saraburi you need to go over the bridge and do a U-turn further down the road.

Erm! No car was stopped for the taking of this photo, just a clip from Dash Cam. OK! swung a little close to the barrier but no traffic so no problem. :thumbsup:

Why do you conclude the second sign is for the road on the right? Both signs are on the same side of the road, so could also easily be for the same part of the road. In which they are consistent.

Since both signs are placed left of the main road, they are addressed to drivers of the main road otherwise traffic signs should be placed on the left side of the slip road for drivers coming from the slip road . So in my opinion both signs are intended for drivers coming drom the main road. If they want to take the left lane direction Nakhon R. The first yellow sign tells them that they need to give priority to cars coming from the slip road. If drivers coming from the main road and proceed direction Bangkok the second yellow sign tells the they have priority. What is missing (or maybe out of picture) is a traffic sign for drivers coming from the slip road...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What is not very clear on the photo is that the first yellow sign is from the slip road and the second from the main road, indicating to both roads have priority.

I know yellow signs are mainly for information, but still, giving drivers on both roads the information that they each have priority can't be good.  

As I mentioned previously not very good camera angle.

Maybe should have stopped and taken better photo :shock1:

Edited by Daffy D

16 hours ago, Daffy D said:

What is not very clear on the photo is that the first yellow sign is from the slip road and the second from the main road, indicating to both roads have priority.

I know yellow signs are mainly for information, but still, giving drivers on both roads the information that they each have priority can't be good.  

As I mentioned previously not very good camera angle.

Maybe should have stopped and taken better photo :shock1:

"What is not very clear on the photo is that the first yellow sign is from the slip road and the second from the main road, indicating to both roads have priority."

Again, why do you reach the conclusion one is for the main road and the other for the slip road? It seems more logical, since they are on the same side, they are for the same road.

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

"What is not very clear on the photo is that the first yellow sign is from the slip road and the second from the main road, indicating to both roads have priority."

Again, why do you reach the conclusion one is for the main road and the other for the slip road? It seems more logical, since they are on the same side, they are for the same road.

Look carefully at both yellow signs. ( i wouldnt have noticed this when driving , but then regardless of signs , i look left/right/up ! ). The second signs  THICK black vertical arrow shows a THIN black line on its left side , meaning a minor road can join from the left. Correct.  The first yellow sign also has a thick black arrow , but this one has a thin black line on the right. Wrong. Its a major 2/4 lane road on the right and the line should be THICKER than the arrow.  A tricky one to spot.