Its A Long Shot

soihok

I am trying to find the truth ,of what was the circumstance of the death of a friend of mine in Thailand in 1992.

His name is Dave Marsden,from Todwick ,Sheffield,England.

He was found dead in a hotel in Trat near Koh Chang, at the same time of the great civil unrest in Thailand in May .He was travelling alone.

Mystery surrounds his death ,as Thailand was in turmoil at the time and I guess that the death of a Farang was not at the top of the list for the officials.

It took more than a month for his body to be returned to the UK,which caused much distress to his family

and friends and we were left with a huge question mark,with no answers.

If anyone has any recallation of this event ,please post your comments.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by soihok

• 15 years later...

AFAIK, the report that came back from Thailand suggested Dave had a heart attack. The results of a post mortem in the UK found no evidence of this. Dave was a heavy drinker and used drugs fairly regularly and his friends here felt he may have been the victim of an OD.

3 minutes ago, Tub1415 said:

AFAIK, the report that came back from Thailand suggested Dave had a heart attack. The results of a post mortem in the UK found no evidence of this. Dave was a heavy drinker and used drugs fairly regularly and his friends here felt he may have been the victim of an OD.

The topic (and its last prior post) was 15 years ago, and the death in question was 30 years ago........

• Haha 1