NFL now!

junglechef

The game will have a replay at 3 pm our time today on NFL Network. But you need access to something like SlingTV streaming subscription or a U.S. cable subscription to get it, or find NFL Network out in the gray streaming world somewhere.

Or a subscription to the NFL's own Game Pass service with US IP address, where you can watch all the games on demand usually about 12 hours after they've aired live. Right now, that subscription is running $99 for the entire season, though they usually drop the price as the season goes along.

Also, last I heard, you could still pay for access to individual games via ITunes, so if someone really just wanted to watch today's game in particular after the fact -- as opposed to various games every week during the season -- that's another route.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not aware of MSN having any streaming rights for NFL football.

They and NBC are tied together and the Chiefs and the Cheaters  game was advertised on MSN front page.As I said you snooze you loose. BTW any NFL game on NBC will be shown this way.

52 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The game will have a replay at 3 pm our time today on NFL Network. But you need access to something like SlingTV streaming subscription or a U.S. cable subscription to get it, or find NFL Network out in the gray streaming world somewhere.

sorry, I was off by one hour. The Chief-Patriots game is re-airing right now on the NFL Network, began 2 pm local time.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Right now, that subscription is running $99 for the entire season, though they usually drop the price as the season goes along.

I see some promos for $99 or even $49 but when following the inks they all end up showing up as $199.  Any functioning links or coupon codes out there?

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Gray streaming NFL Network link.  

http://nowwatchtvlive.cc/nfl-network-live-stream-online-free-hdtv/

NFL Network Schedule (Including Game Rebroadcasts)

http://www.nfl.com/network/schedule

13 minutes ago, csabo said:

I see some promos for $99 or even $49 but when following the inks they all end up showing up as $199.  Any functioning links or coupon codes out there?

There are two different flavors of NFL Game Pass, though they don't do a very good job of explaining the differences, because they assume only one type of audience will see the correct info.

The $99 a year version, if paid up front, is the U.S. domestic version, that provides only after the fact access to all games, usually within 12 hours or so. That's what you'll see if you log in/access their website from a U.S. IP address. Also, even the replays of NFL games via Game Pass are disabled during the periods when the national networks are broadcasting any NFL games so as to not compete with the networks.

The $199 version is, I believe, the international (non-U.S.) version that provides live access to a lot of the games, and also after the fact access, along with various other services.  The actual price varies a bit from country to country, depending on where your IP address is located.

Here's the fine print for the international version:

NFL Game Pass is only available to users located outside the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths, Canada and European countries listed here. Additional blackout restrictions may apply. Availability of HD-quality video is subject to device internet-connection speed and to the system requirements for streaming content at higher bitrates. For a full description of device-specific features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit our FAQ.

14 minutes ago, csabo said:

Gray streaming NFL Network link.  

http://nowwatchtvlive.cc/nfl-network-live-stream-online-free-hdtv/

NFL Network Schedule (Including Game Rebroadcasts)

http://www.nfl.com/network/schedule

The NFL Network is great to watch for a U.S. football lover. But in terms of games, this season, NFL Network I believe is only doing two things:

1. they're carrying ALL of the Thursday night football games, even those NOT being aired by Amazon, NBC and CBS. Those NFL Network only TNF games being the first couple weeks of the season, the last couple weeks of the season, and one week mid-season.

2. At least last year, and I'd assume this coming year, NFL Network tended to air replays of the nationally broadcast network games after the fact, often during overnight hours in the U.S., which is just fine for here.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, there's no way to just subscribe to the NFL Network solo in any official/legit way. You have to get it via a U.S. cable package, via one of the U.S. streaming TV packages like Sling TV or Fubo TV, or I believe it also is included in the very expensive international version of NFL Game Pass. (But it's not part of the $99 U.S. version of Game Pass).

Season Plus Pass

Access all 256 games live or on-demand, NFL Red Zone, NFL Network 24/7, the entire NFL Films Archive, and much more.

BTW, I should also note, for the Europeans here, there does seem to now be a NEW flavor of NFL Game Pass specifically for European country residents. But you seem to need to have a European IP address in order to access the NFL webpages that show that information.

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There are two different flavors of NFL Game Pass, though they don't do a very good job of explaining the differences, because they assume only one type of audience will see the correct info.

The $99 a year version, if paid up front, is the U.S. domestic version, that provides only after the fact access to all games, usually within 12 hours or so. That's what you'll see if you log in/access their website from a U.S. IP address. Also, even the replays of NFL games via Game Pass are disabled during the periods when the national networks are broadcasting any NFL games so as to not compete with the networks.

The $199 version is, I believe, the international (non-U.S.) version that provides live access to a lot of the games, and also after the fact access, along with various other services.  The actual price varies a bit from country to country, depending on where your IP address is located.

Here's the fine print for the international version:

Went in with and without VPN still $199

Just now, csabo said:

Went in with and without VPN still $199

If you're using a VPN, of course it needs to be set to a U.S. city server location. And, it's probably best to restart your browser after you've made the correct VPN connection, so any old cache info is deleted.

Since I'm a U.S. person, I can't recall how they handle the payments issue, whether or not it's a problem if you try to pay with a non-U.S. payment source.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If you're using a VPN, of course it needs to be set to a U.S. city server location. And, it's probably best to restart your browser after you've made the correct VPN connection, so any old cache info is deleted.

Since I'm a U.S. person, I can't recall how they handle the payments issue, whether or not it's a problem if you try to pay with a non-U.S. payment source.

They take my US Paypal no issue there and yes I was connected to a VPN through a US city but should clean the cache also.  What VPN are you using?  Mine is slowing me down to much I think.

• 1 month later...

FYI, NFL has lately reduced the price of their U.S. flavor GamePass subscription down to $74.99.

And if they follow past practice this year, there should be one or two more price cuts as the season goes along, usually another at midseason and a final one toward the end of the season. Of course, if and when anyone subscribes, they still get on-demand (not live) access to all of the games televised during the season, even those that have already passed.

This year, thus far, instead of subscribing to GamePass, I've been subscribing to YouTube's new cable TV OTT (Over the Top-Online) streaming service called YouTubeTV for $35 a month, which for now is available in most bigger U.S. cities and offers both live channel streams and unlimited DVR recording for pretty much everything they offer. Of course, you need a U.S. IP address to access the service.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/start/

For that price, in the hometown region where my NFL teams reside, I get the live streams of the local CBS, NBC, and Fox affiliates, ESPN and ESPN 2, Fox Sports 1 and 2, and several regional sports networks -- apart from all of YouTubeTV's non-sports channels. The only network broadcast NFL games missing from that package are the few Thursday night NFL Network games that aren't also carried on either CBS or NBC.

The cool thing is, for $35 a month, I get all the local NFL games carried by CBS, NBC, Fox and ESPN broadcast live and the ability to online DVR any I'm not able to watch live. But for me, the icing on the cake is, at least for my home region, the local network affiliates and the regional sports networks also carry a range of other local NFL team content that isn't available via NFL Gamepass, such as pre and post game shows on my hometown teams, coaches and players' press conferences, weekly game ahead shows, etc etc... I really like it, as an NFL fan. Obviously, what each market decides to produce in terms of NFL local team broadcast content may vary.

YouTube TV has Android and IOS apps, and can be played thru the Chrome browser and Chromecast, but they don't have TV box apps yet.   Also while the YouTube TV service at-large can be played via their mobile apps, mobile doesn't really work with the NFL content via YouTube TV because of Verizon's monopoly on live NFL games. So in my case, for NFL game purposes, I'm playing them via the Chrome browser on my laptop and sending the signal to my TV via HDMI cable, which works great and doesn't run afoul of Verizon's mobile monopoly.

There are some technical issues that have to be handled in Chrome to get the service to work properly. If anyone's interested, just PM me.

NFL cities below highlighted in bold:

YouTube TV is now available in the following cities:

Albuquerque
Atlanta -- Falcons
Austin
Baltimore -- Ravens
Birmingham
Boston -- Patriots
Charlotte -- Panthers
Chicago -- Bears
Cincinnati -- Bengals
Cleveland -- Browns
Columbus
Dallas -- Cowboys
Denver -- Broncos

Grand Rapids -- Lions
Greensboro -- Panthers?
Greenville
Harrisburg
Hartford
Houston -- Texans
Indianapolis -- Colts
Jacksonville -- Jags

Kansas City -- Chiefs
Las Vegas
Los Angeles -- Rams, Chargers
Louisville
Memphis -- Titans?
Miami -- Dolphins
Milwaukee -- Packers
Minneapolis -- Vikings
Nashville -- Titans
New York City -- Jets, Giants, Buffalo?
Norfolk
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Philadelphia -- Eagles
Phoenix -- Cardinals
Pittsburgh -- Steelers
Portland
Raleigh -- Panthers?
Sacramento
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco Bay Area -- Raiders, 49ers
Seattle -- Seahawks
St. Louis
Tampa -- Buccaneers
Washington D.C. -- Redskins
West Palm Beach

I think the only NFL city/teams I can't account for in the list above is the New Orleans Saints. Hope I got all the city-NFL team pairings correct....

Yikes, lots of internet cr*p on that website/page. From the looks of it, I'd be a bit nervous going there.

FYI, NFL has lately reduced the price of their U.S. flavor GamePass subscription down to $74.99.

And if they follow past practice this year, there should be one or two more price cuts as the season goes along, usually another at midseason and a final one toward the end of the season. Of course, if and when anyone subscribes, they still get on-demand (not live) access to all of the games televised during the season, even those that have already passed.

This year, thus far, instead of subscribing to GamePass, I've been subscribing to YouTube's new cable TV OTT (Over the Top-Online) streaming service called YouTubeTV for $35 a month, which for now is available in most bigger U.S. cities and offers both live channel streams and unlimited DVR recording for pretty much everything they offer. Of course, you need a U.S. IP address to access the service.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/start/

For that price, in the hometown region where my NFL teams reside, I get the live streams of the local CBS, NBC, and Fox affiliates, ESPN and ESPN 2, Fox Sports 1 and 2, and several regional sports networks -- apart from all of YouTubeTV's non-sports channels. The only network broadcast NFL games missing from that package are the few Thursday night NFL Network games that aren't also carried on either CBS or NBC.

The cool thing is, for $35 a month, I get all the local NFL games carried by CBS, NBC, Fox and ESPN broadcast live and the ability to online DVR any I'm not able to watch live. But for me, the icing on the cake is, at least for my home region, the local network affiliates and the regional sports networks also carry a range of other local NFL team content that isn't available via NFL Gamepass, such as pre and post game shows on my hometown teams, coaches and players' press conferences, weekly game ahead shows, etc etc... I really like it, as an NFL fan. Obviously, what each market decides to produce in terms of NFL local team broadcast content may vary.

YouTube TV has Android and IOS apps, and can be played thru the Chrome browser and Chromecast, but they don't have TV box apps yet.   Also while the YouTube TV service at-large can be played via their mobile apps, mobile doesn't really work with the NFL content via YouTube TV because of Verizon's monopoly on live NFL games. So in my case, for NFL game purposes, I'm playing them via the Chrome browser on my laptop and sending the signal to my TV via HDMI cable, which works great and doesn't run afoul of Verizon's mobile monopoly.

There are some technical issues that have to be handled in Chrome to get the service to work properly. If anyone's interested, just PM me.

NFL cities below highlighted in bold:

YouTube TV is now available in the following cities:

Albuquerque

Atlanta -- Falcons

Austin

Baltimore -- Ravens

Birmingham

Boston -- Patriots

Charlotte -- Panthers

Chicago -- Bears

Cincinnati -- Bengals

Cleveland -- Browns

Columbus

Dallas -- Cowboys

Denver -- Broncos

Grand Rapids -- Lions

Greensboro -- Panthers?

Greenville

Harrisburg

Hartford

Houston -- Texans

Indianapolis -- Colts

Jacksonville -- Jags

Kansas City -- Chiefs

Las Vegas

Los Angeles -- Rams, Chargers

Louisville

Memphis -- Titans?

Miami -- Dolphins

Milwaukee -- Packers

Minneapolis -- Vikings

Nashville -- Titans

New York City -- Jets, Giants, Buffalo?

Norfolk

Oklahoma City

Orlando

Philadelphia -- Eagles

Phoenix -- Cardinals

Pittsburgh -- Steelers

Portland

Raleigh -- Panthers?

Sacramento

Salt Lake City

San Antonio

San Diego

San Francisco Bay Area -- Raiders, 49ers

Seattle -- Seahawks

St. Louis

Tampa -- Buccaneers

Washington D.C. -- Redskins

West Palm Beach

If it was really important to me to never miss an NFL Game I'd probably buy Game Pass, but otherwise I think that just use Kodi and live with the possibility that there might be some games on some days that I'd be unable to see.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, suzannegoh said:

If it was really important to me to never miss an NFL Game I'd probably buy Game Pass, but otherwise I think that just use Kodi and live with the possibility that there might be some games on some days that I'd be unable to see.

Maybe you're doing better than me with Kodi. I've had a GamePass subscription for many years in a row now, but along the way, I also fiddled with Kodi. And, at least for me, I could never find a Kodi method that was reliable in terms of even being able to consistently watch the games even of say just one team I follow.

Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, but sometimes the games would be available, sometimes not, sometimes good quality, sometimes not, sometimes watch the whole game, sometimes the feed died somewhere mid-game. And of course, Kodi apps tend to appear and disappear like the seasons.

The nice thing about both the GamePass service and the YouTube TV subscription is they both allow viewing of the games after the fact, meaning you don't necessarily have to stay up Sunday night from midnight until 7 or 8 am Monday morning just to watch the two Sunday games, early and late. Can watch them and others when it's convenient and not sleep-depriving. :smile:

I'm also rankling a bit at the pricing of GamePass these days, considering that I was paying $39 or $49 a few years ago per year for pretty much the same service, and now they seem to have gone to a season starting price of $99 for the U.S. version of the service, which then drops gradually as the season goes on. That's been a pretty hefty price hike in the past couple years, without the service really changing much IMHO.

That's why I gave YouTube TV a try this year as an alternative/replacement to a GamePass subscription. It's not cheaper than a season of GamePass, since it takes at least 4 months of YouTube TV at $35 a month to cover the season. But at least, they haven't doubled their asking price over a couple years, and of course YouTube TV offers a ton more content than just NFL games. It's really a full cable TV replacement service online.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The nice thing about both the GamePass service and the YouTube TV subscription is they both allow viewing of the games after the fact, meaning you don't necessarily have to stay up Sunday night from midnight until 7 or 8 am Monday morning just to watch the two Sunday games, early and late. Can watch them and others when it's convenient and not sleep-depriving.

Plenty of that available for free on Kodi with excellent quality

Maybe you're doing better than me with Kodi. I've had a GamePass subscription for many years in a row now, but along the way, I also fiddled with Kodi. And, at least for me, I could never find a Kodi method that was reliable in terms of even being able to consistently watch the games even of say just one team I follow.

Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, but sometimes the games would be available, sometimes not, sometimes good quality, sometimes not, sometimes watch the whole game, sometimes the feed died somewhere mid-game. And of course, Kodi apps tend to appear and disappear like the seasons.

The nice thing about both the GamePass service and the YouTube TV subscription is they both allow viewing of the games after the fact, meaning you don't necessarily have to stay up Sunday night from midnight until 7 or 8 am Monday morning just to watch the two Sunday games, early and late. Can watch them and others when it's convenient and not sleep-depriving. [emoji2]

I'm also rankling a bit at the pricing of GamePass these days, considering that I was paying $39 or $49 a few years ago per year for pretty much the same service, and now they seem to have gone to a season starting price of $99 for the U.S. version of the service, which then drops gradually as the season goes on. That's been a pretty hefty price hike in the past couple years, without the service really changing much IMHO.

Honestly, the last NFL game that I watched was the Super Bowl in January, I don't usually watch football. Addons come and go, but for that I used the Pro Sport addon and found a well functioning 720p feed. And Players Klub appears to have all of the Game Pass games, though I haven't attempted to watch more than a couple of minutes of any game on that.

But in any case, what I was trying to say is that the added reliability probably would make the price of Game Pass worthwhile to a serious fan.