Where To Go For 12 Month Non Im B?

Rumour has it that Penang are now doing 12 month Non Im Bs again. Does anyone know for sure?

If not, then is KL still happy to let me have this?

(I have all the paperwork, including 3 months company employees tax statements etc)

Rob

Any news about Multi Non-O in Penang?? Apparently unavailable since the new regulations of 01/10/2006 (or soon after).

I'm asking because the news was that multi-non immigrant of any type were not available anymore.

So if B are available again, O might be too.

I read that "rumor has it"...

I've heard its getting more and more difficult in nearby places to get the Non-B. Unless its impossible to go home for what ever reason I can't recommend enough that you get the Non-B in your home country. As British passport holder I go back to England and its really easy.

For me it was simply a case of posting it off on a Monday then it was returned on the Wednesday. I don't know how they do it so quickly its such a great service.

Also a good opportunity to catch up with family, friends do some shopping.

Build a trip back home once a year into your schedule and do away with all the speculation.

You won't look back.

Couldn't agree more. It gives the impression of legitimacy shich goes a long way in any dealings with immigration. My own opinion is that they will eventually go after "B's" the way they did tourist visas last year. Especially if one never actually goes home. :o

I've heard its getting more and more difficult in nearby places to get the Non-B. Unless its impossible to go home for what ever reason I can't recommend enough that you get the Non-B in your home country. As British passport holder I go back to England and its really easy.

For me it was simply a case of posting it off on a Monday then it was returned on the Wednesday. I don't know how they do it so quickly its such a great service.

Build a trip back home once a year into your schedule and do away with all the speculation.

You won't look back.

Especially if one never actually goes home. :o

A great deal depends on what you define as "home"?

Do you mean "country of birth"?

I haven't lived there for over 20 years...................

Home is where I am living, NOW!!

Couldn't agree more. It gives the impression of legitimacy shich goes a long way in any dealings with immigration. My own opinion is that they will eventually go after "B's" the way they did tourist visas last year. Especially if one never actually goes home. :o

You won't look back.

Multiple Non B are not available in the region anymore.

It's easy in yr homecountry.

hel_l's teeth but this is getting really stupid now. I pay tax. I pay the fees for my permit to work here. But what other country in the world, having granted an 'alien' permission to work, then doesn't let that person stay and work!

As in ... "Ah ... right ... OK ... you're totlally legitimate, unlike all those thousands of wandering dive instructors and 'teachers' working on tourist visas, but we don't really want you working here so you better spend a couple of months salary and go half way across the world, where another one of our government's representatives will give you what we don't want to."

Not all of us are 1) American 2) young and have a mom and pop to drop back to with our laundry and 3) have a ton of money. I simply don't earn enough money to go back to a country that I haven't seen for 16 years and that I have no reason to visit (except for a poxy visa)

Looks like Singapore, I think. And after the Christmas and New Year spend, I'll have to borrow the money to do that!

Rob

Edited by robsamui

As in ... "Ah ... right ... OK ... you're totlally legitimate, unlike all those thousands of wandering dive instructors and 'teachers' working on tourist visas,

Rob

now that its january their time is just about up, already seeing many dive shops screaming for legit instructors, guess they wouldnt have the problem if they had done the right thing in the first place and employed them legally.

hel_l's teeth but this is getting really stupid now. I pay tax. I pay the fees for my permit to work here. But what other country in the world, having granted an 'alien' permission to work, then doesn't let that person stay and work!

Rob

Rob...A question. Why do guys like you stick around when you are paid so poorly and treated so badly by the various government agencies you have to deal with? This is a serious question...is it because of a girl or boy tirac?

I mean, if enough of you guys (who are trying to legimately work and help develop the country) said enough is enough and simply left and took your skills and knowledge to another country things might change. Only when there are serious shortages of qualified teachers, dive instructors, techie workers, etc. and the is a follow-on impact on the education, tourism, and IT sectors will the relevant authorities revisit the rules and regs regarding foreigners working and residing in LOS.

Especially if one never actually goes home. :o

A great deal depends on what you define as "home"?

Do you mean "country of birth"?

I haven't lived there for over 20 years...................

Home is where I am living, NOW!!

agreed 100% , thanxs for saving me the trouble of typing it out 'astral'

Rob

Rob...A question. Why do guys like you stick around when you are paid so poorly and treated so badly by the various government agencies you have to deal with? This is a serious question...is it because of a girl or boy tirac?

I mean, if enough of you guys (who are trying to legimately work and help develop the country) said enough is enough and simply left and took your skills and knowledge to another country things might change. Only when there are serious shortages of qualified teachers, dive instructors, techie workers, etc. and the is a follow-on impact on the education, tourism, and IT sectors will the relevant authorities revisit the rules and regs regarding foreigners working and residing in LOS.

Simple. I can't afford to go to and live in another country, now - that's the first reason. Second, I'm too old for anyone to employ me, no matter what (extensive) skills I've accumulated. And, no, there's no tirac of any gender (except my cat).

I suppose if the worst camer to the worst, I could sell my car, bike, home cinema and computers and then throw myself onto the mercy of the Social Services in the UK and live out the rest of my days in a cold, damp, single room in a basement somewhere, wearing two pairs of socks and several woolies, unable to afford to eat-out or smoke or drink, and with no friends (although I'd probably be able to make some under a railway arch somewhere).

Or I could continue living in comfort in a country where I shiver when the temp drops down to 22 degrees, where I don't even own a pair of socks, where I can do most of my work in a beach cafe, and where most people have the time of day for a smile and a chat.

It's not the country that's become more difficult - I love Thailand and its people. It's just that some (many) of the government's policies are just so hasty and thoughtless - witness the number of times decisions have been abandoned or 'postponed'. It's almost as if any minor minister can make a new law without debate or parliamentary process and with little thought of the consequences or implications - witness the case in point.

Which is now getting off topic.

So - I can't wait to see what happens when this guy comes back from KL on Wednesday - please keep us informed as to whether KL is doing 12 month Bs!

And by the way - 3 months ago I phoned the NJ Bookshop in Penang, next to the Swiss Hotel, and Mohammed assured me that the Penang Consulate were doing 12 month non Im B visas. It turned out they were NOT, so I wasted a trip and ended up with a 3 month business visa. So don't rely on the info from NJ Books. They like the income too much to be honest!

Rob

So - I can't wait to see what happens when this guy comes back from KL on Wednesday - please keep us informed as to whether KL is doing 12 month Bs!

And by the way - 3 months ago I phoned the NJ Bookshop in Penang, next to the Swiss Hotel, and Mohammed assured me that the Penang Consulate were doing 12 month non Im B visas. It turned out they were NOT, so I wasted a trip and ended up with a 3 month business visa. So don't rely on the info from NJ Books. They like the income too much to be honest!

Rob

No 12 month from Penang, our solicitor who prepared the paper work rang the thai immigration in Penang last week and asked can get 12 month there and the answer was yes, but when he got there the story was different

Multiple Non B are not available in the region anymore.

It's easy in yr homecountry.

Not if you're Scandinavian it isn't... No multiple entries even if you have a ton of the right paperwork. They don't issue double entry TR's either.