Internet Connections

Jaonghais

I am about to leave my present apartment in North Pattaya which supplies free interenet (wireless) access through TP-LINK at 54 Mbps. The area that I am moving into is located in the vicinity of Pattaya Nua Rd and Pattaya 3rd Rd. (In my present area I am able to connect with 3 other providers for free).

I have taken my laptop to the townhouse that we will be moving to this Thursday 11th Jan and can pick up 2 ISP that are in range (Pattaya WiFi and Linksys) but there signals are weak.

I am new to wireless technology. There is a phone line provided in the new location.

My question is this; which is the best way for me to go? :o

Well, if you have a TOT line, you can try to sign up for their 1000 baht Gold package (1024/512) if they support that location. You can use a wireless modem with that which they will sell to you. I recently got connected with a non-wireless modem, and I am pleasantly surprised about the speed (not screaming but OK for me) and the reliability. It was a challenge to actually get connected though!

>...supplies free interenet (wireless) access through TP-LINK at 54 Mbps.

The speed of your connection is only as fast as it's weakest link in the chain from your PC to the ISP's pipe to The Internet. Although at the point of delivery you may have a wireless link that is capable of 54Meg (as mine at home is) it is limited by the connection (probably shared amoung other residents) probably based on a 1 or 2 (?) meg connection via a telephone line back to the ISP.

Try the TV BB Speed test, it will help you make an informed choice.