U.N. rights boss sees possible 'crimes against humanity' in Venezuela

webfact

U.N. rights boss sees possible 'crimes against humanity' in Venezuela

tag-reuters.jpg

Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights arrives at the 36th Session of the Human Rights Council at the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland September 11, 2017. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse

GENEVA (Reuters) - The United Nations human rights chief warned on Monday that the government of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro may move to further crush democratic institutions and that crimes against humanity may have already been committed by his security forces.

"My investigation suggests the possibility that crimes against humanity may have been committed, which can only be confirmed by a subsequent criminal investigation," Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein told the U.N. Human Rights Council, which Venezuela's foreign minister was due to address later in the day.

Last month, Zeid's office said that Venezuela's security forces had committed extensive and apparently deliberate human rights violations in crushing anti-government protests and that democracy was "barely alive".

(Reporting by Stephanie Nebehay, editing by Tom Miles)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-09-11

Days ago, I posted elsewhere that once Venezuela announced they were getting off the USD petro dollar the US would find one or more of the following in this country:

1) human rights abuses

2) Terrorist activity

3) That the country (and current government) is turning so unstable that outside intervention needs to happen to instill democracy (translation=the US needs to overthrow the politicians who want to get off the USD petro dollar and install a puppet regime).

I'm sickened to see I was correct. The US propaganda machine will now pound anti-Venezuela messages until they remove these politicians. Remember, Saddam, Ghadaffi, and Iran have said the same things about the US petro dollar and the US killed two of three of those leaders. Also, all of these countries have vast oil reserves.

Pull out the same script....Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Ukraine, and other places. Insert new country name and read the script.

Edited by Global Guy
edit