New Policy at CM Immigration?

FolkGuitar

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

You actually put your passport in the mail?

You don't mail in your passport. You send in photocopies of the required pages and documents, along with a stamped self-addressed envelope (EMS is best as you have tracking numbers.) A week to ten days later, you receive your new notification date back in your envelope. All it takes is a quick trip to the post office to mail a letter and it's done for another three months.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:34 AM, amexpat said:

Maybe for an extra 500 baht your agent will join you in a moment of silence for my Poor Bloody Soul.

But if you were not such a "Poor Bloody Soul" you could save all the problems/time etc and employ an agent and give some work and money to the locals whilst having a little time to yourself!

14 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

But if you were not such a "Poor Bloody Soul" you could save all the problems/time etc and employ an agent and give some work and money to the locals whilst having a little time to yourself!

I guess filling out an online form or mailing a letter could cause "all the problems/time etc. " for some poor souls.

If life is too challenging for you, sure use an agent.

I'd rather give money to charities. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got tired with CM immigration, now I get my VISA in Laos, so much easier, no corruption, and no income or savings requirement.

Huh? You're certainly not getting an O-A visa in Laos (unless you're Laotian), so you're saying it's so much easier to go 4 times a year to Laos for a Non Imm O visa than once a year to CM Immigration for a one year stamp? I guess getting out of the house "for a few days" is the real driver.....

On 9/12/2017 at 3:23 AM, FolkGuitar said:

We were told by the people sitting next to us that the fellow manning the Re-Entry desk was taking between 20-30 minutes per applicant. Just as our number came up, he stood up and walked out the back door towards the toilets. Fifteen minutes later, the woman who appeared to be running the show sat down at the desk and called my number. My wife an I sat down together, at which point we were instructed to fill out the survey and hand them in. We did so, and then the woman took both our passports and documents, quickly went through both stacks, stamped everything for both of us, and we left the desk 10 minutes later. Ten minutes to process two of us, where as the other fellow was taking 20-30 minutes for one. We thanked the Gods for his weak kidneys.

Did you go there the day before to make sure you understood the process completely, like when I saw you there?

It may not be quite relevent to this topic, but I will report anyway.

My 90 day report toook 2 hours, mainly because, just ahead of me was an agent from a school who did approx 20 at one go.

However upstairs, applying for a certificate of address, the desk ( only open 9am to 11am) was unmanned from 1005 to 1045. I was processed just in time to go back downstairs just as the number two before me was called. Forbye, I have been given a collection date for the address certificate of 27 Nov, a wait of six weeks. when I protested the girl informed me that for Thb 600 I could get an agent to process it in one day. I consider this an attempt at extortion. Also the girl showed me a calendar with almost all of the final two weeks of Oct crossed off as holidays

1 hour ago, Maybole said:

a collection date for the address certificate of 27 Nov, a wait of six weeks. when I protested the girl informed me that for Thb 600 I could get an agent to process it in one day. I consider this an attempt at extortion. Also the girl showed me a calendar with almost all of the final two weeks of Oct crossed off as holidays

In Scotland are fees for expedited service considered extortion and punished under the law?

Not many questions if those are all of them. 

Why on earth don't you get your re-entry permit when you extend your retirement visa each year? Saves a trip. 

I assume that all the surveys are taken and tossed in the same bin with the 11 years of photocopies of my passport....Comforting to think they have at least 44 copies of my passport.