Leaving Thailand twice during 30 day under consideration stamp

Hi all,

I am going to be doing another 1 year extension of stay to a Non O visa based on marriage and for the first time ever I will be traveling during the 30 day "under consideration" period. 

I know I can keep the entry alive with a re entry permit which I will get on the day I apply at CW. 

The thing is, I'm leaving twice during that period and it doesn't really make sense to buy a multiple so I plan to get a single at CW for the first trip and another single at Suvanabhumi for the second. 

Two questions:

1 - is there any issue with this? Apart from being a waste of passport pages! Learned never to assume when it comes to this stuff. 

2 - I want to get the second one at Suvanabhumi around 5am. Very usefully the airline official website lists re entry permit service is both 24/7 and open 5am to Midnight. Either of which is fine but still thought I'd check. 

Thanks as always. 

1. No issues with getting 2 re-entry permits.

2. It is 24/7 now. The desk is after security in immigration zone 2 just before the departure immigration desks.

The only I forsee is if they are not familiar with doing a re-entry permit for the under consideration period. 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
4 hours ago, BritTim said:

Make sure your immigration office understand that you will be traveling, and may not be around when and if they do a house visit.

They will not do a home visit since it is not his first extension.

What does immigration do during the 'under consideration' period if not (at least potentially) checking out whether the marriage is still de facto?

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

What does immigration do during the 'under consideration' period if not (at least potentially) checking out whether the marriage is still de facto?

The application just has to be checked/signed off at regional level. Home visits, if required, are done before the paperwork is sent off so the report is included.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2. It is 24/7 now. The desk is after security in immigration zone 2 just before the departure immigration desks.

The only I forsee is if they are not familiar with doing a re-entry permit for the under consideration period. 

Thanks for this. I hope that they don't have an issue with doing it for the under consideration period. I'm trying to avoid a second trip to CW for the second reentry permit but maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet to make sure. 

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

Make sure your immigration office understand that you will be traveling, and may not be around when and if they do a house visit. It will be easier to explain this ahead of time rather than when they are upset about a wasted visit.

Does immigration do house visits for retirement visa?

If so how often does this occur?

Is the for everyone or do they just select random?

42 minutes ago, Inquisitorial said:

Does immigration do house visits for retirement visa?

If so how often does this occur?

Is the for everyone or do they just select random?

I have never heard of immigration doing house visits regarding retirement, marriage yes, but not retirement.

I am on retirement extension, they have never vistited me.

36 minutes ago, ozgolfguy said:

On a related matter, if you get a multiple entry permit during the 30-day "under consideration" period, would that be valid for the entire 1 year extension period once approved (since I believe that the 30-days is part of the 1 year extension period)?

No

It would only be valid for the 30 day under consideration period.

A re-entry permit issued for the permit to stay you have. There would be no one year extension granted when it was applied for during the under consideration period.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

No

It would only be valid for the 30 day under consideration period.

A re-entry permit issued for the permit to stay you have. There would be no one year extension granted when it was applied for during the under consideration period.

Thanks Joe

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Shouldn't be a problem - it worked for me last time when I left Thailand under the consideration period. However, an obstacle might be, if you return and don't have an ongoing flight out of Thailand within your "under consideration period", the Airline might refuse transport without proper visa. Then OP should buy another flight out of the Country and cancel later.

16 minutes ago, Prince77 said:

Shouldn't be a problem - it worked for me last time when I left Thailand under the consideration period. However, an obstacle might be, if you return and don't have an ongoing flight out of Thailand within your "under consideration period", the Airline might refuse transport without proper visa. Then OP should buy another flight out of the Country and cancel later.

The reentry permit is as good as a visa (perhaps even better). If airline check in raises an issue, point that out to them, and get the supervisor involved if necessary.

I doubt having a 30 day "under consideration" stamp would be an issue for an airline (not that I put it past them). I have a valid permission to stay in Thailand that expires after my flight lands and even if they don't believe that to be the case, I would get 30 days on arrival anyway.

Going back and forth about it in my mind, going to get a multiple entry. 1800 Baht down the toilet saves me either a second trip to CW or an early morning panic at the airport.

Appreciate all the advice!

This raises a question which I have been thinking about, as I am trying to plan my renewal around some necessary travel. I understand I can submit paperwork to renew my extension of stay 30 days before the existing EOS expires.

1. If I do this, will they issue me an under consideration stamp 30 days from the day I submit the paperwork, or 30 days from the end of my current EOS?

2. Will my existing reentry permit be terminated as soon as the under consideration stamp is issued, or will it stay valid up until the day my EOS expires?

11 minutes ago, Monomial said:

This raises a question which I have been thinking about, as I am trying to plan my renewal around some necessary travel. I understand I can submit paperwork to renew my extension of stay 30 days before the existing EOS expires.

1. If I do this, will they issue me an under consideration stamp 30 days from the day I submit the paperwork, or 30 days from the end of my current EOS?

2. Will my existing reentry permit be terminated as soon as the under consideration stamp is issued, or will it stay valid up until the day my EOS expires?

1. That depends upon the office where you apply. Some start the 30 days from the date you apply and others from the date you your current permit to stay ends. All of mine have started from the date my permit to stay ended which is standard for the offices here in Isaan.

2. It ends when the under consideration stamp is done.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

I have never heard of immigration doing house visits regarding retirement, marriage yes, but not retirement.

I am on retirement extension, they have never vistited me.

It  happens. Or  has.  For   many  including  myself.  semi similar  form to  to  a   marriage   based  extension. Seems to happen less  often of  late. And  only  once  for  myself  to  date. Also  put  on  an  "under  consideration  " wait period of   40  days but  given  extension well prior  to that.

An  application  for  extension  in  absence  is an interesting   concept  ! Hope  it  goes  well  for the  OP.

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

It  happens. Or  has.  For   many  including  myself.  semi similar  form to  to  a   marriage   based  extension. Seems to happen less  often of  late. And  only  once  for  myself  to  date. Also  put  on  an  "under  consideration  " wait period of   40  days but  given  extension well prior  to that.

An  application  for  extension  in  absence  is an interesting   concept  ! Hope  it  goes  well  for the  OP.

I  would  add  that  further  extension  based  on retirement has  been  approved  on same  day as  application as prior  to  the  one  off   consideration  experience.