DASHCAM G1W best cheap dashcam in Thailand pr what else ? Where and how much did you pay ?

bleble

hello,

is the G1W still the best cheap dashcam in Thailand ? Or which one did you bought for less than 2000 baht ?

I only know Moretech as reliable source for the G1W in Thailand, but the price is still the same years after, so maybe you know another seller selling the good G1W for cheaper ?

I found this one:

http://www.lazada.co.th/morestech-g1w-nt96650-full-hd-black-247101.html

Cheers.

Edited by bleble

• 2 months later...

I can't advise on where to get in Thailand as I bought mine on Amazon and asked a friend to bring it with him  on a visit to Thailand.

I only post to suggest to you to be sure to get a longer  available recording  time than the 6 minutes I had on the dashcam I replaced.      My new one will record in a  60 minute loop which means in case of an emergency I'm less likely to have the event recorded over in the first 6 minutes.

3 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I can't advise on where to get in Thailand as I bought mine on Amazon and asked a friend to bring it with him  on a visit to Thailand.

I only post to suggest to you to be sure to get a longer  available recording  time than the 6 minutes I had on the dashcam I replaced.      My new one will record in a  60 minute loop which means in case of an emergency I'm less likely to have the event recorded over in the first 6 minutes.

What are you saying ? It only depends on the SD card, and with a 32 or 64gb SD card, how many hours/days/weeks before a previous video is recorded over?!

On 12/10/2017 at 2:29 PM, bleble said:

What are you saying ? It only depends on the SD card, and with a 32 or 64gb SD card, how many hours/days/weeks before a previous video is recorded over?!

Yes and while I don't recall the exact situation  my previous dashcam did not support an SD card that would allow for more than 6 minutes recording.   The model I have now accepts a 64 GB  SD  card.

I'm just saying in the confusion of the moment during an accident, I'd want a dashcam that would continue recording for a longer period of time so that in the event I forgot about it initially I'd still have captured the information of the accident.

I'd suggest to the OP he take that factor in consideration when he makes his decision of which dashcam to buy.

57 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Yes and while I don't recall the exact situation  my previous dashcam did not support an SD card that would allow for more than 6 minutes recording.   The model I have now accepts a 64 GB  SD  card.

I'm just saying in the confusion of the moment during an accident, I'd want a dashcam that would continue recording for a longer period of time so that in the event I forgot about it initially I'd still have captured the information of the accident.

I'd suggest to the OP he take that factor in consideration when he makes his decision of which dashcam to buy.

In case of accident your dashcam will stop when engine will stop.

But some smart people connect the dashcan to a powerbank, then it never stops until disconnected. It also records when parks. Funny that few people are able to understand this.

49 minutes ago, bleble said:

But some smart people connect the dashcan to a powerbank, then it never stops until disconnected. It also records when parks. Funny that few people are able to understand this.

My dashcam (cheapie) keeps recording for 10 seconds after engine is turned off. In fact, I think most do.

10 hours ago, giddyup said:

My dashcam (cheapie) keeps recording for 10 seconds after engine is turned off. In fact, I think most do.

Yes ! Sure ! 10 seconds is a lot and for sure enough !

Mine never stop recording even hours after the engine is stopped !

And your dashcam maybe still records if it still has battery or working capacitor... let's bet...

28 minutes ago, bleble said:

Yes ! Sure ! 10 seconds is a lot and for sure enough !

Mine never stop recording even hours after the engine is stopped !

And your dashcam maybe still records if it still has battery or working capacitor... let's bet...

Why would you want it to record for hours after engine stopped? My dashcam is nearly 3 years old and the backup battery is till working fine.

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Thanks for letting me know.

As mentioned i won't use him, i've found someone who can do this for me though.

Good - can you let me know how it goes when it is completed?

I have been trying to find an alternative to Boy mainly because he is always so busy.

11 hours ago, bleble said:

Funny that people always want to hide this small dashcam cable when they are just driving ugly Japanese boxes...

Buy a decent car, German or Italian, and you will see that having a dashcam cable is not a big problem :-)

A decent car is a Bentley, comes with a dedicated driver as well:smile:

On 12/10/2017 at 10:28 AM, watcharacters said:

The HP f770 you choose your own time loop, i set it at 3 minutes and it starts recording again every 3 minutes without deleting previous recordings until the memory is full then it deletes the oldest recording

Makes it easy to check any previous section of your recordings without having to watch for up to a hour

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

The HP f770 you choose your own time loop, i set it at 3 minutes and it starts recording again every 3 minutes without deleting previous recordings until the memory is full then it deletes the oldest recording

Makes it easy to check any previous section of your recordings without having to watch for up to a hour

Any dashcam, even the cheapest ones, allow to select your own time loop...

On 12/11/2017 at 10:59 PM, bleble said:

You had me going there at first.   Why would one think the engine would automatically be off because of an accident?