North Korea threatens to "sink" Japan, reduce U.S. to "ashes and darkness"

webfact

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Consider your self, if were isolated and threatened how would you react?  Would you not also react the same way

IMO .Kim Jong-un and his ilk are products of our own behaviour, Treat the system differently , they become unnecessary and go away.

Why are they isolated?  Because of their own actions.  Cambodia isn't isolated.  Indonesia isn't.  India isn't.  Only this country and perhaps Iran.  Change your behavior and perhaps the way the world treats you will change also.  You can't blame the west for this.

Sadly, those hurt the most are his own people.  The ones that depend on him the most.  And the one that benefits the most is Kim.

Like my tag says:

It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.
Aung San Suu Kyi

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Why are they isolated?  Because of their own actions.  Cambodia isn't isolated.  Indonesia isn't.  India isn't.  Only this country and perhaps Iran.  Change your behavior and perhaps the way the world treats you will change also.  You can't blame the west for this.

Sadly, those hurt the most are his own people.  The ones that depend on him the most.  And the one that benefits the most is Kim.

Like my tag says:

It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.
Aung San Suu Kyi

All the countries that you mentioned are not isolated because they play ball with the US.  When they were not as in the case of Cambodia, they were isolated and if Cambodia stopped to play ball with the US, it will be again

So what the US and capital is saying to these regimes is:

Be reasonable see it our way

But I do agree with your last statement ,  Fear does corrupt. 

but it cuts both ways  and does not only apply to our enemies.

Edited by sirineou

25 minutes ago, sirineou said:

All the countries that you mentioned are not isolated because they play ball with the US.  When they were not as in the case of Cambodia, they were isolated and if Cambodia stopped to play ball with the US, it will be again

So what the US and capital is saying to these regimes is:

Be reasonable see it our way

But I do agree with your last statement ,  Fear does corrupt. 

but it cuts both ways  and does not only apply to our enemies.

Perhaps you mean play ball with the global community.  Be a good citizen of the global community.  What's wrong with that?

P.S. It's not just the US.  It's many nations condemning NK's actions.  Part of the global community.

4 hours ago, transam said:

The difference is NK has been left alone for half a century but now they are test flying stuff over Japan. You OK with that...?

I don't think North Korea was left along,  The policy of the west has always being regime change in the north,  and the failure of the communist system in the north and elsewhere in the world.

I am not ok with any country flying missiles over any other sovereign country . but things did not start there, the west was not opposed to NK for flying missiles  over Japan or any other country, things started a lot earlier and have deteriorated to this.

At no point do I defend NK , I only say that NK craziness is a reaction to ours.

It is time to bring NK back in the fold of nations not by stick but by carot.   Stick  has being tried before and has brought as to this. 

IMO It is time for a different approach. You can not put the nuclear genie back in the bottle, and they will only get better. at it.

Anyway that's my opinion on the matter, I could be wrong. 

28 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Perhaps you mean play ball with the global community.  Be a good citizen of the global community.  What's wrong with that?

P.S. It's not just the US.  It's many nations condemning NK's actions.  Part of the global community.

I guess It all depends upon your definition of "Good citizen of the global comunity"

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

I guess It all depends upon your definition of "Good citizen of the global comunity"

Don't counterfeit drugs and currencies.  Don't sell chemical weapons to other nations.  Don't support hacking of foreign country's computers.  Don't support human rights violations.  And don't help with the proliferation of nuclear weapons.  Etc, etc, etc.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Don't counterfeit drugs and currencies.  Don't sell chemical weapons to other nations.  Don't support hacking of foreign country's computers.  Don't support human rights violations.  And don't help with the proliferation of nuclear weapons.  Etc, etc, etc.

Are  you talking about NK or the US

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

The US supports proliferation of nuclear weapons?  Really? LOL

The US has more nuclear weapons than anyone else, what do you think proliferation means?

Edited by sirineou

Just now, craigt3365 said:

Proliferation means to countries that don't have them now.  Actually, Russia has more nuclear weapons now.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/07/03/which-countries-have-the-most-nuclear-weapons

pro·lif·er·a·tion
prəˌlifəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. rapid increase in numbers.
    "a continuing threat of nuclear proliferation"

Now one in the history of humankind had a more rapid increase of nuclear weapons than the US. 
    NK is a pauper in comparison!!!!
    Who has the most is debatable , and depends upon what criteria one uses,  ie , numbers,Wield, combat readiness, etc
    Weather the US or Russia has more is besides the point for this conversation, and a deflection IMO. The conversation we are having at this point in response to your comment is who is the profifarstor, the US or NK? I am sure you will agree that the NK did not acquire nuclear weapons as a deterrent to Russia 

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:
pro·lif·er·a·tion
prəˌlifəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. rapid increase in numbers.
    "a continuing threat of nuclear proliferation"

Now one in the history of humankind had a more rapid increase of nuclear weapons than the US. 
    NK is a pauper in comparison!!!!
    Who has the most is debatable , and depends upon what criteria one uses,  ie , numbers,Wield, combat readiness, etc
    Weather the US or Russia has more is besides the point for this conversation, and a deflection IMO. The conversation we are having at this point in response to your comment is who is the profifarstor, the US or NK? I am sure you will agree that the NK did not acquire nuclear weapons as a deterrent to Russia 

Exactly.  The NPT seeks to keep non-nuclear states from acquiring these weapons, and sharing that technology with others.  It's a key premise of the treaty.

Here's what we're trying to prevent.  Among other things.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anderscorr/2017/07/05/chinese-involvement-in-north-koreas-nuclear-missile-program-from-warheads-to-trucks/#2bdf4e726f2f

Chinese Involvement In North Korea's Nuclear Missile Program: From Trucks To Warheads

The distinctive biconic warhead design appears similar to a Pakistani design associated with China. China or its ally Pakistan likely provided the warhead design, or the warhead itself, to North Korea.

I do believe Russia started NK down the nuclear path many years ago.

Again, non-proliferation is the key.

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Exactly.  The NPT seeks to keep non-nuclear states from acquiring these weapons, and sharing that technology with others.  It's a key premise of the treaty.

Here's what we're trying to prevent.  Among other things.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anderscorr/2017/07/05/chinese-involvement-in-north-koreas-nuclear-missile-program-from-warheads-to-trucks/#2bdf4e726f2f

I do believe Russia started NK down the nuclear path many years ago.

Again, non-proliferation is the key.

a case of American exceptionalism IMO 

NPT is a creation of the countries that have, and I don't blame them, If I have a knife, I don't want my opponent getting one too,

IMO if one really wanted to prevent nuclear proliferation , the best way to achieve this is to stop being a threat,!!

Small countries could not hope to deter the US juggernaut via conventional means, they see what happens to those who do not have it (saddam, gaddafi ) and those who have, ( NK Pakistan) 

IMO what induces small countries to pursue nuclear ambitions and thus contribute to proliferation, is exactly that threat. .I am sure they have better thing to spend their money on.

The USA had nukes during the NK and Vietnam war, did they use them....NO.

The difference now with NK is they have openly stated that Guam, Japan and the USA are going to be sent a few....Could be BS but threats must be taken seriously when the use of nukes has been threatened.

Nukes have been a good deterrent to hold off major hostilities since WW2, but cheese head has stated his ambitions, and it would be foolish to ignore a nutter..

Oblivion for the vertically challenged runt draws ever closer.  Regrettably, it could result in the deaths of tens, even hundreds, of thousands of North Korean people, and that will be very sad indeed, but brought on by none other than their leader.

Edited by F4UCorsair

1 minute ago, F4UCorsair said:

Oblivion or the vertically challenged runt draws ever closer.  Regrettably, it could result in the deaths of tens, even hundreds, of thousands of North Korean people, and that will be very sad indeed, but brought on by none other than their leader.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy.  I believe a way will be found out of this, peacefully.  But prospects for that don't look real good right now.  Sadly.

A Japanese govt minister pointed out that Japan has been threatened by North Korean missles for quite a few years.  It's nothing new to the Japanese.  So the North Koreans will have nuclear-tipped ICBMs.  So what?  They must know that it would be suicidal to use them.  I just think that they just wan't to make themselves invulnerable to foreign attack and upgrade their status on the world stage.  We should cool down already and only react if they attack some country.  Their posturing probably isn't going to hurt anybody.