Thai nationals exempted from airport immigration form

webfact

On 15/09/2017 at 10:03 AM, Sydebolle said:

What a banana republic are we living in? The prime minister has to pull article 44 for such an irrelevant change as there was quite obviously no other way of overruling the tourism ministry over an antiquated form from the no-common-sense-department?

As a retiree born and brought up in Europe I can tell you that throughout my extensive travels within Europe I've never seen a form simply because they are not only a complete waste of time, make only the printers happy but European bureaucracy could not afford the extra manpower to process anything like that over the last 60+ years. 

The entire way Thailand is dealing with aliens (official for "non-Thais") is so out of date, degrading and ridiculous so Cholburi has 25'000 one-year-visa-extensions in 2017 less than in 2016. If 10% of those aliens died it still means, that the net decrease is 20'000+ aliens who don't work here anymore or are not spending any of their retirement pensions here anymore. 

Thais cheat, murder, steal, rape and lie - with little consequences which is absolutely wrong. But if an alien living in a place is spending two nights in another town's hotel and returns home he has to report to immigration within 24 hours to report himself back - now what kind of bull...... is that? 

1. Were not in Europe (thanķ god)

2. Beacuse we are aliens in a foriegn country 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, jayboy said:

Yes you can apply at the airport.Make sure you allow enough time - about 20 minutes in addition to usual.There's a thread about this on the forum with full details which you should check.But from memory you need a very brief reference from a Thai (wife is fine) endorsing you as well as copy of tabien baan.Please check thread however.Annoyingly I believe it has to be renewed every year.

Frankly if you don't travel overseas that much I'm not entirely convinced it's worth bothering with.I haven't renewed because I don't travel overseas that often.Quite irrationally at the back of my mind there's also a niggling concern that it might be wise to have a record of entries/exits in passport/white book.Most of my friends with PR say that concern is unnecessary.

Thanks for the details. I fly regularly to HCMC and Hanoi and return to lecture, so I'll give it a try.

My beloved Thai wife had passed on so I'll get my adult Thai son to sign.

One point I'll check further is whether the automated passport service is also available at Chiang Mai, 50% of my departures are from CM and 50% are from Don Muang.

But CM is not really a problem anyway, I've never had more than 1 person in  front of my so even with manual stamping it's quite quick.  

Thanks again to all posters.

Edited by scorecard