camera for house

p414

10 hours ago, p414 said:

thanks Rimmer but I am looking for one that will run from my electric supply .I want something to cover the outside front of my house.

A friendly neighbour put some super glue in my lock last night.

The ones on that Lazada page all require a power supply the only difference being there is no cable for the signal. They all have a slot in them for a memory card and can be programmed to take a picture of any movement and can be programmed to call your phone.  You can view on your phone or computer also move the viewing angle and speak through them.

If you use an ordinary IR surveillance camera you will need to run a coax for the picture which will require either an old style TV in order to plug the coax into, in which case there is no recording facility, or if you want to run it through a monitor you will need a recording box around 5000 baht with a hard drive which has a VGA or HDMI output to your monitor.   

Look again at the wifi cameras they will watch your lock, record on their memory card and can be panned and tilted to other views all controlled by your phone.

I have 12 recording cameras running through a recording control box but am gradually phasing them out in favor of wifi cameras.

You can buy an ordinary camera from Tutcom fourth floor I think at the top of the escalator, price around 2000 baht plus the recording box with hard drive or TV,  look for Atashi brand.

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just curious Paul.  What is your plan if you can ID the person?  Call the cops or confrontation?

no plan..the police came .and my neighbour drinks and drives and now realizes he can be in big trouble if I choose.I also know high police officers.He is not often here and only stays or 2- 3 weeks a time.He is now keeping a low profile...i think no problems...I cannot prove he glued my locks but  have no problems with anyone here.I have been in this house for 17 years.