The Thai Way

Gonzo the Face

When in Rome ....????

I note with some internal chuckling a story in one of the Thai English News reports out this morning,  Friday,  that the Police in Phuket announce that they will RAID Friday [today] some establishments suspected of being involved in the zero coupon scamming.

Were not raids to be kept a secret until they actually happened????   Things aren't what they used to be.

Nothing unusual in different circumstances.

Around Europe whenever there are raids planned by the health services on hospitals, nursing homes and the likes they are always told in advance.....same with the educators with regards to schools.

But I agree, where the police are concerned, un-announced  might produce better results I would imagine.

9 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Nothing unusual in different circumstances.

Around Europe whenever there are raids planned by the health services on hospitals, nursing homes and the likes they are always told in advance.....same with the educators with regards to schools.

But I agree, where the police are concerned, un-announced  might produce better results I would imagine.

Yes fairly common for police or government agencies to "leak" information about raids or investigations or assessments that are about to take place in western countries or to go through the raid with a predisposed blind eye.  Placing the plans in the newspaper is not as common since there are more efficient ways to tip off those under scrutiny.