Car-eating hole covered on Siam Country Club

Rimmer

Car-eating hole covered on Siam Country Club

image.png

PATTAYA:--In a small sign of progress on construction ravaged Soi Siam Country Club, Nongprue Sub-district covered a sewage pipe that ate a car last month.

Nongprue Mayor Mai Chai­yanit said Sept. 4 that production of drainage covers was just one of the many things delayed in the long-running project to lay new flood-control pipes and widen the street to four lanes.

He said contractors had blocked off the road where the open sewers were located, but angry residents had removed them in protest.

The result was a car driving into the hole in front of the Darul Ibadah Mosque on Aug. 24. Witnesses banded together to pull the vehicle out.

Mai said all the covers will soon be in place. Once they are, the remaining barriers will be removed.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/car-eating-hole-covered-siam-country-club-186106

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-09-15

• 1 month later...

i think we have a new siam country in the make, they already are working more than 6 weeks on Nongmaikean road, starting fron soi 19 up to the lake,first put in new pipes for water go away ( don't know why, because water never flodded there) and now breaking up the road surface in the middle ( also  don't know why, was one of the best roads from Pattaya) no potholes,or dammaged pieces, so its a riddle why they start doing this.

6 hours ago, joskeshake said:

i think we have a new siam country in the make, they already are working more than 6 weeks on Nongmaikean road, starting fron soi 19 up to the lake,first put in new pipes for water go away ( don't know why, because water never flodded there) and now breaking up the road surface in the middle ( also  don't know why, was one of the best roads from Pattaya) no potholes,or dammaged pieces, so its a riddle why they start doing this.

Maybe "someone's" relative needed to make money.

Is that photo current? The road doesn't look as bad as reports have it.

It doesn't fit the scenario either. That bit is waiting for concrete to be poured to make the surround for the drain cover, not waiting for a cover. What sort of construction company makes holes if they don't have the covers ready? No need to answer that.

In Lamphun they made a new concrete road coupled with drains. Unfortunately, they put the drain holes right where the vehicle wheels go, and made the covers BELOW the road surface. I had to take care to avoid on the m'bike, as hitting one of them would have had me off the bike.

I am always being boggled by the level of construction incompetence displayed here. Probably something to do with employing people that know nothing about concrete or roads, or actually care.

On 10/25/2017 at 11:04 AM, joskeshake said:

They are looking for the secret source of the "rogue water" that inevitably pops up at various locations nearer the metropolis.