UK and Thailand to hold Joint Military Exercise

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Aj Mick said:

Can't see why the UK wants to get involved, given that the Thai military sees more action to defend itself within Thailand, than to any threat beyond the borders……. What benefit to the UK other than getting on the radar for potential arms sales?

As I said earlier, in am sure the conversation was along the lines of 'you return to democracy and we will consider an exercise in the future'  

Thailand being Thailand do the usual rhetoric about how everyone understands why the army are in power blah blah blah. 

Gen. Prawit stressed that the general administration of the government that attempts to maintain peace in the country by enforcing the laws strictly and equally,” Kongcheep said, “that we value human rights and are aware of giving people freedom of expression and participation to create the path to reconciliation, national strategy and reforming the country together.

Oh yeah??

Prawit’s trip to the United Kingdom was seen as likely to yield another weapons buy. Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said that couldn’t happen because acquisitions must go through a proper process that begins with evaluating the need.

Submarines!!!???

Fallon to Prawit: OK, so that just leaves one question: 'who gets to play at home'. Tell you what . . . let's arm-wrestle for it, but I'll need to use a reserve . . . I've got a sprained wrist. Give Theresa a call, will you. Tell her this one will be easy . . . he's rollin' over, already.

16 hours ago, Heinrich80 said:

Like little cocky children, playing Wargames

Waste taxmoney for nothing

Ah i hate politicians and Military Idiots.

Let them burn in Hell, troubkemakers

To all People out there stand up and fight for your Right.no more Wars

Peace and Love and Happyend

Peace and Love and Happyendings....there fixed it for you!

15 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Bathtub submarine exercises with Poms and Thais at opposite ends of the bath with periscopes up. I jest but sadly I suspect it is close to the truth.

Poms in a bathtub.....must be having the exercise on the third Sunday of the month,

If the Thais chuck in a bar of soap that have it won hands down.

4 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

Can't see why the UK wants to get involved, given that the Thai military sees more action to defend itself within Thailand, than to any threat beyond the borders……. What benefit to the UK other than getting on the radar for potential arms sales?

Perhaps to acclimatise the troops for potential support operations in Myanmar?

9 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Well I hope it includes the navies.

That will mean there are two aircraft carriers with no planes...

Farce, thanks to Gordon the moron looking after his Scottish constituents.

Gordon is a moron

17 hours ago, JAG said:

Bet it wasn't the rainy season?

emoji3.png

Funny how the VC 10 on the UK - Washington DC - Belize run always packed up in DC on the return leg, especially in early December...

Crab bashing - it's in the blood.

I was a crabfat for 25 years and proud to be one too.

It is only petty jealousy from the minor services, once again.

The fisheards have 2 new carriers but nobody to crew them and no aircraft either, and as for the grunts, most of their tanks are in the museum at Bovingdon and event the Royal Signals have scrapped their most efficient unit. That of course was the White Helmets motorcycle display team.  :whistling:

14 hours ago, chrisinth said:

They're getting a NAAFI? Wow, I would visit that.

Back in the early 80's we made a sign for the NAAFI bar that was inside the dockyard where we were refitting:

No

Ambition

And

F<deleted>-all

Interest

It managed to stay up for about 2 weeks. Not only did that upset NAAFI but it also led the MOD police to start an investigation as to where it came from. They never found out.

Major sense of humour failure by the authorities but loved by the customers..................:thumbsup:

Not sure if the RAF would find that funny though.....................:tongue:

That NAAFI meaning has been around since Pontius was a trainee pilot.

I used to work behind the bar in the NAAFI at RAF Wildenrath, Germany in the early 1970s. Duty free beer, spirits were only sold as a double as they were duty free too, duty free fags though I had given up smoking in 1970 for the 5th and final time. Duty free petrol coupons that could be used at any BP gas station in Germany. Duty free vodka in the screenwash of the car as it never froze in winter.

Well apart from some comments here I just wonder if it includes the south. A few years ago I know the US forces held special training on terrorist strategies (an American friend of mine was involved...not secret). That finished a while back so I wonder if that would be on the table too.

Edited by TKDfella

7 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Don't let the Thais drive those tanks! 

Yes . . . especially if you're coming to a main road and wanting to TL, just as the right turning Thai-tank has done the usual long short-cut . . . bloody scary! Why can't they get that simple idea? Maybe from when there were no roads; just rice fields and the best route to anywhere was a straight line.

tanks turning right.doc

All these knockers of Britain's experiance,  Ruled  two thirds of the world, Good or bad, Stood alone for two years for today's free world and while doing so bankrupted itself rebuilding Europe,  World's 5th biggest army,  Moist experienced battle hardened troops, The world's foremost intelligence, Invents some of the most updated equipment visa BEA, Yep a real tin pot Country and Army,  The thing is we dont gob off or brag about what we have  or can do,