Dawn raids on seven locations target Africans in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

The point being missed here by those justifying this dawn raid on black people is that no evidence of wrongdoing was discovered.

Do many of them deal drugs? Sure they do but many don't.

Imagine the outcry if the police conducted dawn raids on white people for being boiler room operators, paedophiles.

22 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Must have been a great tutor. Retired at 31 with 5 million in the bank ! :cheesy:

One of them had 5 million baht in his bank account and people are talking as if that's evidence of guilt in something nefarious.

5 million baht is nothing - it's a little over £100,000 and I know at least 2 African blokes who ship textiles and Thai-made clothing back to their countries for sale.

Fact: Nigeria does more trade with Thailand than the UK does.

"Crimes included fraud and skimming and Surachet said that the raids were conducted due to serious economic impact on Thailand of the criminal activity."

So, if there had been no economic impact, the raids wouldn't have taken place; money speaks!

"Among those subjected to search warrants were footballers and language teachers and other trouble makers, he said."

How are footballers and language teachers trouble makers!  Working without a work permit might not be advantageous, but I wouldn't class that as being a trouble maker.  Unless the head of the brown envelope section is giving grief to the underlings about a monthly shortfall on collections; I suppose it's got to be made-up somehow.

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

....... did I read correctly "Foreigners of Colour"? Guess the Thai Ambassador to the UN will be called in for consultations with the Secretary General on that new "species" - you cannot make such stuff up; too funny indeed.

A Foreigner of White 

Yep, or a Foreigner of no colour

8 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

"Crimes included fraud and skimming and Surachet said that the raids were conducted due to serious economic impact on Thailand of the criminal activity."

So, if there had been no economic impact, the raids wouldn't have taken place; money speaks!

"Among those subjected to search warrants were footballers and language teachers and other trouble makers, he said."

How are footballers and language teachers trouble makers!  Working without a work permit might not be advantageous, but I wouldn't class that as being a trouble maker.  Unless the head of the brown envelope section is giving grief to the underlings about a monthly shortfall on collections; I suppose it's got to be made-up somehow.

Could some folk have two jobs with the first one as a smoke screen.....?

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I reckon the OP statement actually is saying that...

Not exactly, but perhaps the term "Trouble maker" is a bit over the top.  They found nothing illegal in the rooms of the 2 guys, so they did urine tests to see if they'd taken any drugs; got to get them for something, otherwise the raid would be just another failure.

1 minute ago, Moti24 said:

Not exactly, but perhaps the term "Trouble maker" is a bit over the top.  They found nothing illegal in the rooms of the 2 guys, so they did urine tests to see if they'd taken any drugs; got to get them for something, otherwise the raid would be just another failure.

Do you know the test results..?

23 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I see nothing in this article that says any of the "foreigners of color" targeted had actually committed any crimes, so it seems to have been a purely racist raid. It now seems that if you are colored and a footballer or a teacher you are instantly deemed a trouble maker, which is a pretty sad indictment on the Thai cops.

If you read, it stands that they made the raid based on warrants issued for causing trouble to the Thai economy. I will take wild and a quick guess that the warrants were issued on some kind of facts.

And no! It´s nothing racist in this, and it has nothing to do with that you are a teacher or a footballer. It has to do with that you´ve done something that opened the eyes of the authorities.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Exactly. Because of PC and being afraid of offending the Muslim community in a city in the UK many young girls were groomed and abused while the authorities stood by and did nothing.

And while we are on that subject, there is periodic whining by some that 'people of colour' are overly targeted by the authorities in both the UK and USA, with a disproportionate number being jailed. Guess what. That's because they commit a disproportionate number of crimes. Why that is so is a subject for another day. Before I'm accused of being racist, let me admit to having been married to a coloured girl while in the UK, I shared a house with an Indian family, and I'm married to an Asian now.

So you discriminated against white women??   hey  just kidden, good post.

10 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

About time! Alot of riff-raff which should have been cleared out a LONG time ago.

Don't pop the bubbly just yet, will you?

Bar the one caught with the ice, they're all back in circulation since they didn't actually do anything illegal.

Lot of farangs will be fuming having to see black people on the streets in their sexpat Disneyland

7 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Don't pop the bubbly just yet, will you?

Bar the one caught with the ice, they're all back in circulation since they didn't actually do anything illegal.

Lot of farangs will be fuming having to see black people on the streets in their sexpat Disneyland

So says the "sexpert". Most of those dudes offer me drugs every time I stroll along Suk. They weren't actually caught in the act of doing anything nefarious/illegal would be more accurate. We all know better...

7 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

So says the "sexpert". Most of those dudes offer me drugs every time I stroll along Suk. They weren't actually caught in the act of doing anything nefarious/illegal would be more accurate. We all know better...

Yeah well the cops aren't asking for the opinions of sexpats, are they?

Edited by Thai Ron

On 9/15/2017 at 10:54 AM, laubau said:

Hogwash! You target the people that are creating the problem. You do not target everybody to make the PC idiots happy because you will get little accomplished. Blacks are a major problem in this area and they should be targeted. If they have done nothing wrong, they will be free to carry on. The police obviously had tips to kick in their doors. Have clue! This was not random!! Whew!!!! 

Re. OP's statement that "You target the people that are creating the problem." I've read about many more caucasians "creating the problem" than blacks. So, with OP's logic, the police should also 'target' caucasians tourists/expats. 

On 9/18/2017 at 1:37 AM, HerbalEd said:

Re. OP's statement that "You target the people that are creating the problem." I've read about many more caucasians "creating the problem" than blacks. So, with OP's logic, the police should also 'target' caucasians tourists/expats. 

...not in this area like I stated!!! ...or you are the only one.

On 9/18/2017 at 5:37 AM, HerbalEd said:

Re. OP's statement that "You target the people that are creating the problem." I've read about many more Caucasians "creating the problem" than blacks. So, with OP's logic, the police should also 'target' Caucasians tourists/expats. 

Perhaps they also are ....:stoner: