Visa Exempt Entry

I will be back in Thailand Tuesday. I will enter Visa Exempt.

Have they been asking to see 20,000 THB and the proof of a flight out? I can have USD easy. It's just the airport exchange rates sucks.

Also, I plan to extend for thirty days. That will put me out of the country. Can I just make a run to the Trat land border and reenter Visa Exempt? I will need about 21 more days after my 60 days is up.

As of 31st December 2016, Thailand limits visa exempt entries at land border to TWO per calendar year, but all countries under visa exempt get 30 days, no  more 15 days.

A 30 day permission of stay obtained at a land border can be extended for a further 30 days at local Immigration.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, GaryB1263 said:

Have they been asking to see 20,000 THB and the proof of a flight out? I can have USD easy. It's just the airport exchange rates sucks.

It can be in USD or Travelers Checks - only must have 20K Baht value in a readily-exchangeable currency if coming in with a visa, or 10K if entering visa-exempt (though I would still bring 20K).  If coming visa-exempt, you will also need proof of a return air-ticket dated within 30 days for the airline (to board) and possibly to show Thai immigration.  I would also bring printed-proof of where you will be staying in Thailand. 

Most times, they just stamp people in without questions.  Other times, they have denied people for not having the money, even when they didn't ask to see it - so show the money helpfully, if questioned.  A review of your Thai visit-history could only provide "guesses at the odds" of being questioned, so I would just be prepared and not worry about the odds.  

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

He's left it a bit late for that option.......arriving Thailand Tuesday, means he leaves the UK Monday.

More than likley pre planning would have saved a lot of traveling. What makes you think UK? Cant see him saying anywhere

Edited by jeab1980