Trump to 'slap' foes, embrace friends in first U.N. speech: envoy

rooster59

Trump to 'slap' foes, embrace friends in first U.N. speech: envoy

By Jeff Mason and Roberta Rampton

640x640 (4).jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump delivers remarks to military personnel and families at Joint Base Andrews Maryland, U.S., September 15, 2017. REUTERS/Yuri Gripas

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump will pummel foes and embrace friends in his first speech to the United Nations General Assembly next week, keeping pressure on Washington's adversaries North Korea and Iran, U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley said on Friday.

Briefing reporters ahead of the annual U.N. meeting, Haley and White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster took a tough line on North Korea, warning that a military option to deal with its nuclear threats was available.

Trump will meet with leaders from Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America throughout the week, but his remarks, scheduled for Tuesday morning, will be the president's highest profile opportunity to explain his foreign policy vision couched in his "America first" agenda.

"I personally think he slaps the right people, he hugs the right people, and he comes out with (the) U.S. being very strong, in the end," Haley, speaking at the White House, said of Trump's speech.

Haley declined to say whether Trump would commit Washington to maintaining its current level of funding for the 193-nation body. Trump has complained that the United States funds 22 percent of the U.N. budget and nearly 30 percent of U.N. peacekeeping duties.

Trump will kick off the week with a meeting about U.N. reform on Monday. He will then have meetings with French President Emmanuel Macron and Israeli Prime Minister Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that will focus on Iran, McMaster said. Trump has dinner scheduled with Latin American leaders.

On Tuesday, he will meet Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani. Trump said last week he would be willing to mediate the worst dispute in decades between Qatar and U.S.-allied Arab states.

On Wednesday, he will meet with leaders from Jordan, the Palestinian Authority, Britain and Egypt and on Thursday there are talks scheduled with leaders from Turkey, Afghanistan and Ukraine before holding a lunch with the leaders of South Korea and Japan.

McMaster said it was unlikely that Trump would speak to Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro, whom the White House has sanctioned and called a dictator.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-09-16

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"I personally think he slaps the right people, he hugs the right people, and he comes out with (the) U.S. being very strong, in the end," Haley, speaking at the White House, said of Trump's speech.

Another delusional sycophant slapping himself on the back. :sick:

And he gets paid to do it too ... my, what a strange and depressing world this is, sometimes.

Finally, we have a President who will stand up to that crazed nut Kim Mentally Ill. No one seems to care about missiles being lobbed over Japan and anywhere that nut pleases. China can't like having a nuclear bomb next to their country but don't have the balls to do anything.  South Korea is hiding under the table. So It's up to the USA, once again, to pull everyone's asses out of the fire.  Sure, our President's crazy. Crazy like a fox. Isis is on the run thanks to our brave US Armed Forces and those of Russia. Think, morons, think. He's making America Great Again. I'm proud to wear President Trump's hat and if anyone doesn't like it they can kiss my ass. The silent majority love him, fake news, CNN, etc hate him. As do the Killary morons. Good, because they suck. 8 more years.  He'll win the next election by a landslide. Fall in behind him or be a loser.  God Bless you, President Trump.

3 hours ago, dapperdan said:

Finally, we have a President who will stand up to that crazed nut Kim Mentally Ill. No one seems to care about missiles being lobbed over Japan and anywhere that nut pleases. China can't like having a nuclear bomb next to their country but don't have the balls to do anything.  South Korea is hiding under the table. So It's up to the USA, once again, to pull everyone's asses out of the fire.  Sure, our President's crazy. Crazy like a fox. Isis is on the run thanks to our brave US Armed Forces and those of Russia. Think, morons, think. He's making America Great Again. I'm proud to wear President Trump's hat and if anyone doesn't like it they can kiss my ass. The silent majority love him, fake news, CNN, etc hate him. As do the Killary morons. Good, because they suck. 8 more years.  He'll win the next election by a landslide. Fall in behind him or be a loser.  God Bless you, President Trump.

Ted Nugent, is that you?

20 hours ago, dapperdan said:

Kim is lobbing missiles, Trump is lobbing words that are at odds with his own administration.  ISIS was on the run well before Trump took office.  Fake news is Trump claiming Obama is not a US citizen, Trump claiming the biggest inauguration crowds in history, Trump claiming millions of undocumented immigrants voted for Clinton.  Trump is a fountain of fake news.

How is Trump making America great again?

20 hours ago, dapperdan said:

That's the kind of irrationality we're dealing with. Happily, such hard core true believers only represent a small minority of Americans though. 

Does 45 know the difference? I suspect to this mentally deranged individual a "foe" is a nation that disagrees with him or calls him out on his lies. And to 45 anyone who showers him with praise - false praise usually - is his friend/ally. Him and his neurosis (regime) is destroying America.