Tax id, tax return, etc

Hello,

I opened a company and my lawyer gave me a tax id, I don't have the work permit yet or any income in Thailand.

I sent lots of money to my personal account before I got my tax id and some after that too as I thought that all income from outside the country was not taxed, but I read somewhere that I might get taxed because now i'm in the system because of the tax id.

Do the revenue department have access to our bank accounts ? Can I just close my bank account ? I'm worried that they might go back in time from when I didn't have a tax id, also most of the money I received was to fund my company, so it's not real income, I used it to buy stuff for the new company directly from my personal account.

When I asked the lawyer about the tax id he didn't know what to answer, he said as I don't have yet the work permit my tax filling will be zero, but my thai bank account shows like 10 million baht "income" this year, it's not income but money used to pay for the company because I didn't have the company bank account ready on time.

Best regards,

19 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

my thai bank account shows like 10 million baht "income" this year, it's not income but money used to pay for the company because I didn't have the company bank account ready on time.

So it is just money you sent from somewhere to that account? If so I suggest you stop calling it income as it sounds like savings to me.

Was the tax id personal to you or for the company?