Non-Immigrant-O-Visa at Thai Embassy in Penang. NEW Requirements!

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I've just spoken with the British Embassy in Bangkok and they know nothing of such 'proof of retirement' letter, they will only issue a letter confirming your pension / income.

They would though witness a statement done by you stating you are retired. The consulate will accept that.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

But it is something you can ask for them to do. I suspect it is not one that they would think of.

Still not had an confirmation from the Brit Embassy that they can attest an affidavit despite talking to 3 different people and sending them an email.

• 2 weeks later...

I just collected my non-O visa based on retirement from Penang Consulate this afternoon. Below is a list of the documents they requested besides the usual application form, photos, and passport copy.

1. Proof of funds in Thailand. They would not consider bank statements from banks outside Thailand, and they wanted the original Thai bank book.

2. Letter from the Thai bank.

3. Income letter from British Embassy (even though applying on bank deposit basis, not income basis).

4. Rental contract for accommodation or chanote for owned property.

I obtained the visa with only 1. from above.

YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/17/2017 at 4:03 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

I just collected my non-O visa based on retirement from Penang Consulate this afternoon. Below is a list of the documents they requested besides the usual application form, photos, and passport copy.

1. Proof of funds in Thailand. They would not consider bank statements from banks outside Thailand, and they wanted the original Thai bank book.

2. Letter from the Thai bank.

3. Income letter from British Embassy (even though applying on bank deposit basis, not income basis).

4. Rental contract for accommodation or chanote for owned property.

I obtained the visa with only 1. from above.

YMMV

Thanks...  for the 90 Day non-O for retirement purpose I assume the 800K has to be in the Thai bank but not for 60/90 days.  ie that is needed for the 12 month extension only?  Mine is only in a few days so far.

So they did not ask you for police or medical cert....   but the income letter I guess is the 'proof of retirement'.

thanks ubonjoe and others for the info...  I know this is 3 months old but hopefully okay.  I will try to get the embassy  retirement letter, the medical but not the Police report and head to Penang with my 800K bank book and bank letter.  Hopefully enough for the Non-O

If refused I will get a tourist visa and see the beach...  will let you know

10 hours ago, dancep said:

the medical but not the Police report

Neither of those are required in Penang.

Updated bank book just before you leave the country showing at least 800k baht and the income letter to prove you are retired is all that is needed.

• 2 years later...
On 9/20/2017 at 8:06 AM, ubonjoe said:

Many people have obtained proof of a small amount of income from their embassy for the proof. Others have done affidavits/statements stating they are retired.

Savannakhet Laos has the same requirement.

for Proof,

would a letter from the SS office stating how much i am getting be considered as proof of retirement?

can i also get non immigrant visa entry at an immigration office in Thailand with only the 800k baht in the bank. No need to prove you are retired. If Im on a 60 day extention based on marrage does the 800k need to be vested for any set time. Im 67yrs old

•  

If 

25 minutes ago, phraeophailin said:

can i also get non immigrant visa entry at an immigration office in Thailand with only the 800k baht in the bank. No need to prove you are retired. If Im on a 60 day extention based on marrage does the 800k need to be vested for any set time. Im 67yrs old

If you entered visa exempt or on tourist visa you could apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) at immigration. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply and proof it was transferred from abroad.

Requirements are here. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf