Seatran Ferry Donsak to Samui

petermik

Gents

I will be driving from Pattaya to Donsak for the ferry over to Samui in a couple of months,I,m looking at pre-booking the 4pm ferry,how soon...what is the latest time that they will accept my car? it is possible (with a good run down) I could be there for 14.45 just 15 minutes before the 15.00 ferry....would they let me get on this even though I,ve booked the later one or is this too late..........help please :thumbsup:

From my experience if you have a booking they will make you wait until your booking time even if you arrive early .... unless they are not so busy. I have seen people drive up and buy a ticket on arrival that have got onto a ferry in front of us despite us booking in advance. Having said that we have always got on at least at our booked ferry although at the odd occasion it may have been delayed/late.

15 minutes isnt enough. with a booking they normally ask for at least 30 minutes. but for an earlier ferry yes they do sometimes put you on if there is space, but its very unlikely. but if you do get there very early just drive up to the Raja and see if you can get on earlier there, which is a lot more likely in my experience.

On 9/22/2017 at 12:03 PM, steelerian said:

15 minutes isnt enough. with a booking they normally ask for at least 30 minutes. but for an earlier ferry yes they do sometimes put you on if there is space, but its very unlikely. but if you do get there very early just drive up to the Raja and see if you can get on earlier there, which is a lot more likely in my experience.

Thanks but as I have just booked my ticket (christmas period)  that isn,t an option,I know now that 30 mins before is my cut-off time..........thanks for the useful advice gents :thumbsup:

On 9/25/2017 at 10:43 AM, petermik said:

Thanks but as I have just booked my ticket (christmas period)  that isn,t an option,I know now that 30 mins before is my cut-off time..........thanks for the useful advice gents :thumbsup:

If you go Raja and forfeit your Seatran booking, its only costs you the 30 baht booking fee, unless you have paid in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, EcigAmateur said:

Hello, is there a morning car ferry from KPG to Surat ? Does the 5am boat carry cars ? And actually all raja boats (6 per day it seems) carry cars ? Thanks.

https://www.ferrysamui.com/koh-phangan.html

Contact details to ask them yourself direct from the horses mouth.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:49 AM, EcigAmateur said:

Hello, is there a morning car ferry from KPG to Surat ? Does the 5am boat carry cars ? And actually all raja boats (6 per day it seems) carry cars ? Thanks.

Why I do not trust a website and staff from anywhere ? I checked website and called Raja but of course I only got stupid wrong replies.

Nobody is able to tell why the 5am boat cannot be booked online when selecting 4-wheel !!!!

https://www.rajaferryport.com

• 5 weeks later...