Looking For A Place To Wrench Your Own Bike?

kurtgruen

Hi guys,

My wife and I are riders. She bought a house recently for her parents to move into, here in Chiang Dao, but her family doesn't want to live out here, so I am thinking of turning it into a place to wrench on bikes.

I currently own a Honda Steed 400 and plan on buying another Harley within the next two years (used to ride shovelheads).

We own a restaurant and Guesthouse out here in Chiang Dao, but I am starting to get bored and need another project, so the thought has developed in my little brain, to turn the downstairs of the empty house into a bay for wrenching, with a beer fridge and a little stereo and a few tools, turn the upstairs into two guesthouse bedrooms, in case you don't finish what you were doing in one day or want to hang out in Chiang Dao for a few days and to keep a local Thai mechanic on standby, which he is anyways, in case you take something apart and can't figure out how to put it back together ;-)

No drugs, no guns, no loud parties, just a place to hang out and work on our bikes.

I'd like to keep it farang only for now, to see how it goes. If nothing else, I'll have a place to wrench on my own bike.

I will not be working on anyone elses bike and don't know enough about them to give advise. For me it's more of a social thing and also to put the house to good use.

So if anyone is seriously interested, let me know and I'll give you more info, or you can come out to Mon and Kurt's Restaurant in Chiang Dao sometime and we can chat about it.

I'm also in the market for a Harley Engine 80" or bigger, inner and outer primaries, tranny and wide glide front end, if anyone knows of a good deal somewhere.

Cheers

Kurt