Which Type Of Visa

Hi

I'm a EU dual national (British/Finnish) and I am planning to bring my fiance to the UK and Finland around April/May this year to visit friends and family. I would just like to know what is the best type of visa to apply for? Just to add we both work at the same company (large multinational) and she owns 'our' house, but still lives with her family (not allowed to live with me until we're married, and that won't be until she completes her MBA!!! but thats another story :o).

Thanks in advance for your help

mn

I'm a EU dual national (British/Finnish) and I am planning to bring my fiance to the UK and Finland around April/May this year to visit friends and family. I would just like to know what is the best type of visa to apply for? Just to add we both work at the same company (large multinational) and she owns 'our' house, but still lives with her family (not allowed to live with me until we're married, and that won't be until she completes her MBA!!! but thats another story :o).
As she lives in Thailand and only plans to Visit UK and Finland she should apply for a Visitors Visa from UK Visa in Bangkok to visit UK which will allow her multiple entries to UK for a 6 month period see UKVAC

and a Schengen Visa from the Finish Embassy in Bangkok ( I think you request the number of entries you need).

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Great thanks for the help

Just incase anyone else doesn't know I just discovered the fees for a Schengen visa from the Finnish Embassy have gone up to 65 Euros from 35.....quite an increase!

Another quick question, is worth applying for the UK 2 year multiple visit visa, so we don't have to apply again next year?

Edited by moonoi

Just incase anyone else doesn't know I just discovered the fees for a Schengen visa from the Finnish Embassy have gone up to 65 Euros from 35.....quite an increase!
Never mind as Scouse pointed out when you are married Schengen visas are free to the spouse of a British national
Another quick question, is worth applying for the UK 2 year multiple visit visa, so we don't have to apply again next year?
If its her first Visa it is unlikely it will be granted. Once you have a good track record of returning to Thailand then you can apply.