Uber stripped of its licence to operate in London

snoop1130

7 hours ago, johna said:

Sadiq Khan is a fundamentalist muslim, his links to fundamentalist groups are well documented. To speak about Sadil Khan without acknowledging religion influences every decision he makes is to ignore the elephant in the room.

Go on then, tell us. What have Muslim fundamentalists got against Uber?

Though I can not find any evidence of the LTDA directly funding the Labour Party their publication "Taxi" of the 30th of May is full of Labour propaganda.

http://www.taxinewspaper.co.uk/downloads/Taxi_394.pdf

But although Uber is a great idea Uber has been bending even breaking rules, apart from the safety of it's clients, working conditions for it's drivers are abysmal with bulling and zero hours contracts, while getting a bad press a few weeks ago Uber went on a recruiting drive with lots of expensive radio adverts, not surprising they do not require their drivers to get DBS checked.

I feel for the British, Uber is great and thank god we still have it in Australia.  Taxis are dirty expensive and the drivers can't speak English.  Uber are clean, cheap and you can actually communicate with the driver which makes for a more pleasurable journey.

+khunken

Your comment disappeared but I suggest you go to GOOGLE and check out, "What is the KNOWLEDGE for London Taxi Drivers."  You may be surprised at how wrong your comment is.  I am a Londoner and they have always had, and still must have, the KNOWLEDGE, never any electronic devices, maps, or other paraphernalia to assist them, prior to receiving a taxi driver licence.

Edited by wotsdermatter
Added further omitted material to complete the comment.

On 23/09/2017 at 2:56 PM, stud858 said:

In Australia, I feel for taxi drivers that had to pay large sums of money for their licences. Then the spineless government allows Uber. A quick unfair change of rules. Fight for your right for a fair system for all.

I live in Oz and the local UBER drivers say very difficult to make a living as number of UBER drivers is uncontrolled. Have to say better service and cheaper than traditional providers