Burmese maid swore to Buddha she didn't steal - then cops find diamond encrusted Rolex

rooster59

Burmese maid swore to Buddha she didn't steal - then cops find diamond encrusted Rolex

maid.PNG

Image: Daily News

A Burmese maid who vowed before a statue of Buddha that she would never steal was obliged to take that back after a diamond encrusted Rolex was found in her bag.

And there was also evidence that the 35 year old had been stealing from her aging employer before - there was a 600,000 baht bank transfer back to Rangoon.

Earlier in the week 71 year old Nawarat Anuphapmark, had gone to Bang Khun Thian cops after her Rolex and four rings went missing. She confronted her maid Michowin who denied it.

Michowin, 35, was taken to the police station where she strongly repeated her denial and even promised in front of a Buddhist image in the station to the effect that she had not taken the items worth 3 million baht.

That was good enough for police who, besides, had no other evidence.

But Michowin suddenly decided to end her employment as a maid after she had served in the house for four years and that suspicious behavior was enough for the cops to be called to the house.

The Rolex and the rings were found hidden in a medicine container in her bag.

After this, the first stop was to go back to the station to apologize to the Buddha for making a false vow. It would be terrible to have that hanging over her, reported Daily News.

Then her employer told police about other missing jewelry worth one million baht that had gone missing over the years. She suspected her maid might have taken that too.

Police checked the maid's bank books and saw that she had sent back a lot of money to Burma including one payment of 600,000.

Her salary had been 14,000 baht a month.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-23

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

No big deal actually admirable as it seems the maid learned thainess.

You for real! If your maid steals $3million Bah from you and does a Wai and you say "Admirable". Can I get a job as a maid with you? But then again better not as you would have no assets left to pay me after previous maids doing a Wai. LOL

It's strange what they find strange.

if I were an innocent servant of four years, I would probably quit as well, after being dragged down the nick.... so her sudden decision doesn't seem strange at all... more normal actually

strange though, is the cops accepting a wai as evidence that she was innocent.

stranger still, that they take her back to apologies to a statue, when she obviously doesn't respect said statue 

oh well... TIT.

4 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

You for real! If your maid steals $3million Bah from you and does a Wai and you say "Admirable". Can I get a job as a maid with you? But then again better not as you would have no assets left to pay me after previous maids doing a Wai. LOL

People who admire petty thieves probably don't have anything worth stealing...

On 23/9/2560 at 10:55 AM, rooster59 said:

Burmese maid swore to Buddha she didn't steal - then cops find diamond encrusted Rolex

A diamond encrusted Rolex. Jeez,,, a Rolex in Laos cost less than 1000 Baht. You will not get encrusted diamonds on it but it's the real deal and keeps good time.

On 23/09/2017 at 5:09 PM, wavemanwww said:

Going out on a limb here.

Maybe you missed the meaning of sarcasm somewhere.

??

On 9/23/2017 at 10:55 AM, rooster59 said:

After this, the first stop was to go back to the station to apologize to the Buddha for making a false vow. It would be terrible to have that hanging over her, reported Daily News.

so whose idea was that ? hers or the police ?