Phuket Police hunt Thalang snatch-and-grab thieves

rooster59

Phuket Police hunt Thalang snatch-and-grab thieves

Eakkapop Thongtub

1506136169_1-org.jpg

Danish national Mr Kristian Stage, 34, explains the theft to Thalang Police. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Thalang Police are hunting for two suspects who on Wednesday snatched a Danish tourist’s bag containing valuables worth over B55,000 from his motorbike when he pulled over for a brief moment on Thepkrasattri Rd.

At 9pm yesterday (Sept 22), Danish national Mr Kristian Stage, 34, went to Thalang Police Station and reported to Lt Sunan Petchnoo that on Wednesday (Sept 20) he was robbed in front of the mosque on Thepkrasattri Rd (northbound) in Srisoonthorn.

Mr Stage told said, “On Wednesday I rented a motorbike in Phuket Town. I was driving to the Phuket International Airport and had one bag on my back and another bag in the front of my motorbike. I stopped in front of the mosque to look at a map on my phone.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-hunt-thalang-snatch-and-grab-thieves-64010.php#m9Lq8PLR8kcGIHbW.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-09-23

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

because they seem to be making some implication several times about a mosque that has nothing to do with the story. Why not side of the road, why not at the lights? 

There's no 'implication'

It's an easily identifiable landmark, nothing more.

Could have been a bank, a temple, a Honda store - whatever - and the article would have referred to that as the location instead. This guy just happened to stop outside a mosque. That's the link. 

You've just got your knickers in a twist because you detest Islam, and this chap got robbed near a mosque.

Move on!