rooster59

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, LannaGuy said:

Well some reporters did ask about your hero's 600 million but were told to shut up and where's there's smoke there will surely be fire!  but let's conveniently forget the "statues" the "airship"  and, of course, the "submarines"  eh?

You see, and you gloriously miss the point, the press cannot ASK QUESTIONS as the Army has taken over - no demos, no meetings, no political parties and NO ELECTIONS all waaaaaaaaaaaaay over your head

Last time I looked B600 million is far less than B30 billion. Put up proof, or stop making unsubstantiated accusations, because they sound a lot like lies.

How does the Thai military budget compare to your country as a % of GDP?

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Ah the old "Two Wrongs make a Right"  defence M'Lud    :cheesy:

No, it is the lesser of two wrongs, and don't be a bloody hypocrite by claiming wrongdoing and ignoring the same but considerably more frequent, from your own side .

3 minutes ago, halloween said:

But they do it a lot less. Which is only my theory, but it will stand until proven wrong. where is the junta's version of Apichart with billion baht commissions, or Boonsong with B30 billion fraud, or Thaksin and his 10 billion baht bank theft?

They may find a version of Apichart in all the military expensive procurement over the years. But alas, we know better that any investigation into military corruptions will never take traction. Let's also not forget the corruptions in the Strong Thailand programs, the illegal land awards in Phuket and the police station fiasco that probably will not see the day of light. So basically you are referring to those cases that were quickly investigated and convicted and not those selectively kept 'silent'. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

They may find a version of Apichart in all the military expensive procurement over the years. But alas, we know better that any investigation into military corruptions will never take traction. Let's also not forget the corruptions in the Strong Thailand programs, the illegal land awards in Phuket and the police station fiasco that probably will not see the day of light. So basically you are referring to those cases that were quickly investigated and convicted and not those selectively kept 'silent'. 

I don't care about 'may', I want to see facts. Your biased supposition based on sycophantic support for the Shinawatras has no credibility.

BTW there IS an Apichart, and he has been a Shinawatra crony and bagman for years, receiving preferential treatment and closed door deals despite a deplorable record of bankruptcy and government debt.

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

No, it is the lesser of two wrongs, and don't be a bloody hypocrite by claiming wrongdoing and ignoring the same but considerably more frequent, from your own side .

I am not the one claiming things are "better"  YOU are!   and I am the "Hypocrite"?   go look in the mirror 

14 minutes ago, halloween said:

Last time I looked B600 million is far less than B30 billion. Put up proof, or stop making unsubstantiated accusations, because they sound a lot like lies.

How does the Thai military budget compare to your country as a % of GDP?

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

If you call me a liar again I will report you. Attack the POST not the POSTER but I expect little less from someone who is ignorant.

PS  600 million for 50 rai = 12,000,000 a rai 

Edited by LannaGuy

6 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

If you call me a liar again I will report you. Attack the POST not the POSTER but I expect little less from someone who is ignorant.

PS  600 million for 50 rai = 12,000,000 a rai 

12m a Rai?  really?  that must be some land!!!  all Kosher of course!

19 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Well some reporters did ask about your hero's 600 million but were told to shut up and where there's smoke there will surely be fire!  but let's conveniently forget the "statues" the "airship"  and, of course, the "submarines"  eh?

You see, and you gloriously miss the point, the press cannot ASK QUESTIONS as the Army has taken over - no demos, no meetings, no political parties and NO ELECTIONS all waaaaaaaaaaaaay over your head

You know what . . . this whole thing has the makings of a great fiction novel. If I start writing now, I might just get it in Waterstones for Xmas and make even more dosh than your our hero. He's quite good-looking really, from the side . . . got that sort of soldierish look about him, if he sticks his tummy in, don't you think?

whilst i am sure they know how she went but if they want to know where she is I am sure mommy wifey is phoning home maybe try to trace communications from probable Dubai   rather than appear  utter fools

33 minutes ago, halloween said:

Illegal? Not here, and certainly won't be under any Shinawatra government, but illegal in every real democracy AFAIK. Immoral and unethical certainly, but that is PTP and the Shinawatras.

Your perceptions of pandering to the wealthy are based on bias. My in-laws in the Nakhon Phanom area certainly welcome the news of a rail line, most have never seen a train and are far from wealthy. It, and any other infrastrucure improvements, will surely benefit them more than outright theft of government assets.

Before you start criticising the Thai military budget, why don't you look at your own country. Tell us, how does it compare as a percentage of GDP?

The Shinawatras were asked to run a government. It wasn't a licence to lie, cheat and steal. But they do, to the tune of billions of baht. You can't deny it, but you are prepared to ignore it. Millions of Thais, and I, are more concerned with this than 'rights'. It's a morality thing.

BTW why the selective quoting?

Many bad things happen there, but they are sadly legal.  Having the military take control has not solved these problems.  They openly flap their unelected gums in total conjecture about disappearing Yingluck and never address root problems in Thailand, because they don't want to .  It is their turn. 

Your in laws should be happy about getting train service, but arresting a 29 year old man for selling beer he made, because only two families are allowed to participate, is pandering to the wealthy.  The entire coup is about not forgiving Thaksin and that is what the wealthy wanted. 

Why do the Shinawartas have to be removed by a coup and not legally impeached ?  Perhaps there is not due process for that.  Perhaps their should be.  Yingluck was removed for a simple reason: amnesty for her brother. 

Selective quoting is due to the fact that sometimes I do not disagree with the things you say so much as your disregard towards universal suffrage and your adoration of the use of force.

Have not lived in my own country for almost 30 years.  Fail to see how that matter. 

16 minutes ago, halloween said:

I don't care about 'may', I want to see facts. Your biased supposition based on sycophantic support for the Shinawatras has no credibility.

BTW there IS an Apichart, and he has been a Shinawatra crony and bagman for years, receiving preferential treatment and closed door deals despite a deplorable record of bankruptcy and government debt.

The facts are all in the NACC files but with their record of less than 1 in 10 securing conviction; they were rather quick in the investigation and charging a selected few and nothing much come out of their investigation on the military, Dem Party leaders and of course the rich and famous. Their credibility is at stake but you seem ok with that. Maybe your blind support for anything junta. 

On 9/24/2017 at 11:44 AM, Krataiboy said:

Oh, come on!  These silly stories being put out from official sources and dutifully retailed by the tame Thai media really are getting beyond a joke.

The woman was on 30 million baht bail, for Pete's sake, and on the brink of being sentenced.

Is the regime seriously expecting an incredulous world to believe that, having seen her alleged fellow conspirator get a huge jail sentence, Yingluck might well have wished to escape? And that, with all the hi-tech security apparatus at their disposal, her movements weren't being minutely monitored around the clock to thwart this possibility"

If she really did slip through their fingers, the junta deserves to go down as one of the most incompetent in the nation's history.

Small wonder the international media continues to speculate about them looking the other way to get rid of major thorn in their side without making Yingluck martyr and possibly sparking a peasants' uprising.

There are still a few stones yet to be turned as the halfhearted "hunt" for the fugitive ex-PM rambles on.

A month after her vanishing act, we have not heard a peep from Yingluck's 10-year old son and his father, whom I gather are still in Thailand. It is hard to believe that neither of them have been left for over a month with no idea where Mummy has gone or how she got there.  Has anybody thought to ask them the obvious questions?

In the West, reporters would have been doorstepping Yingluck's family and splashing heartbreaking stories about the loved ones she left behind and their take on her disappearance. Yet all we get here is a succession of conflicting official stories about as hard to swallow as week-old somtam. What a pathetic farce.

Do we know if her son was left behind or if she took him with her? I haven't kept up too much with this story lately.

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Many bad things happen there, but they are sadly legal.  Having the military take control has not solved these problems.  They openly flap their unelected gums in total conjecture about disappearing Yingluck and never address root problems in Thailand, because they don't want to .  It is their turn. 

Your in laws should be happy about getting train service, but arresting a 29 year old man for selling beer he made, because only two families are allowed to participate, is pandering to the wealthy.  The entire coup is about not forgiving Thaksin and that is what the wealthy wanted. 

Why do the Shinawartas have to be removed by a coup and not legally impeached ?  Perhaps there is not due process for that.  Perhaps their should be.  Yingluck was removed for a simple reason: amnesty for her brother. 

Selective quoting is due to the fact that sometimes I do not disagree with the things you say so much as your disregard towards universal suffrage and your adoration of the use of force.

Have not lived in my own country for almost 30 years.  Fail to see how that matter. 

You might want to look for a better example. Beer brewing has been illegal since 1950, in 2016 the 66yo penalties were increased. If that is pandering to the wealthy, why didn't your democratic champion revoke the law?

The coups (last 2 ) were about removing a pack of criminals from Thai politics. Excellent work, far better than letting them plunge the country into debt with a B2.2trillion loan to prop up their rice scam disaster. Of course, Americans don't seem to mind trillions in debt, nor do they like to talk about their military expenditure when criticising others far less exuberant in it. If you are a citizen of your home country, you have the right to vote, and object to obscene military expenditure, instead of bleating about much more moderate spending by a country where you have no say.

Don't you understand that amnesty for her brother, herself and her corrupt government is proposing law with direct self benefit, and is also known as corruption? The better educated Thais certainly do, and they quite rightly object.

I am actually very much against the use of force, and much more so by thugs paid by a political party to attack those who voice dissent. If stopping that requires force by security forces, I have no objections.

End of discussion as far as I am concerned, this has little to do with who helped a criminal escape justice.

25 minutes ago, halloween said:

You might want to look for a better example. Beer brewing has been illegal since 1950, in 2016 the 66yo penalties were increased. If that is pandering to the wealthy, why didn't your democratic champion revoke the law?

The coups (last 2 ) were about removing a pack of criminals from Thai politics. Excellent work, far better than letting them plunge the country into debt with a B2.2trillion loan to prop up their rice scam disaster. Of course, Americans don't seem to mind trillions in debt, nor do they like to talk about their military expenditure when criticising others far less exuberant in it. If you are a citizen of your home country, you have the right to vote, and object to obscene military expenditure, instead of bleating about much more moderate spending by a country where you have no say.

Don't you understand that amnesty for her brother, herself and her corrupt government is proposing law with direct self benefit, and is also known as corruption? The better educated Thais certainly do, and they quite rightly object.

I am actually very much against the use of force, and much more so by thugs paid by a political party to attack those who voice dissent. If stopping that requires force by security forces, I have no objections.

End of discussion as far as I am concerned, this has little to do with who helped a criminal escape justice.

Well done, you two . . . it was great whilst it lasted. The Likely Lads will come up with another little gem to thrash to death, tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, halloween said:

The coups (last 2 ) were about removing a pack of criminals from Thai politics. Excellent work

Halloween you have been here long enough to know that was not the real reasons. On the other hand, I got to admit that they have gave too many reasons for their enemies to take advantage & exploit. 

30 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Halloween you have been here long enough to know that was not the real reasons. On the other hand, I got to admit that they have gave too many reasons for their enemies to take advantage & exploit. 

Perhaps you are right, who knows. Possibly removing a pack of criminals was only a side benefit, as was stopping the political violence, stopping the rice scam losses, and stopping an amnesty that was that government's major purpose. Quite often the reasons given to the great unwashed have little to do with the underlying reason.

Take 2010, all those protesting about a coup that happened 4 years earlier, when the real reason was Thaksin's money, or forcing an early election, or killing enough protesters to make Abhisit subject to accusations of murder.

In 2011, we had an election policy supposedly to raise the income of the poorest farmers, a comprehensive failure at great expense. Was that the real reason, or was it an electoral bribe to ensure their election, or a vehicle for multi-billion baht corruption, or both?

8 hours ago, halloween said:

BS. She was due in court the same time as Boonsong, 9am on the 25th, his verdict wasn't delivered until some time later that day. She left the country on the 23rd, sneaking out of the country like the common criminal she is.

Your accusation of involvement because of some alledged advantage is similarly ridiculous. Try and come up with some facts instead of biased opinion.

She left the country on the 23rd

And your evidence for saying this is based on what exactly? 

The reality is that for a days - if not weeks - after her failure of Yingluck to appear in court government and other sources were speculating on the possibility she had not left the country at all but was actually in hiding somewhere. 

They're still searching. Maybe you can put them and us out of our misery.